Everest desserts

From WDWmagic:

To celebrate the opening of Expedition Everest, Disney have created some unique Everest desserts at the Walt Disney World restaurants.

“Everest Cake,” A summit of fluffy white meringue crowns a warm chocolate “mountain” dessert at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

“Snow-Capped Everest Cakes,” at Boma-Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, are soaked in Amarula, an African liqueur, and topped with white chocolate “snow.”

The “Expedition to Everest Sundae,” at Jiko-The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, is a caramelized banana split with Amarula, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, malted whipped cream peaks and chocolate wisps.

The “Everest Snowball,” at Shutters at Old Port Royale at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, is Oreo cake dipped in white chocolate and coconut, served with a chocolate cookie and chocolate and strawberry sauces.

Mountains of candy crumbles are a nod to the peaks of Everest atop the peaches and cream dessert at California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, which serves a mélange of fluffy vanilla sponge cake with honey-scented cream, peaches, nectarines and crunchy candy crumbles.

The “Everest Expedition,” at Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, features a brown sugar tart in a chocolate and raspberry sauce with mounds of “snow” (vanilla ice cream)

mmmmmm…Now I’m hungry :tongue:

OooOOOoo, sounds awesome!!! Buzz, did they say how long the desserts will be featured for?

I gained ten pounds reading this post. Thanks a lot! :ohmy: :tongue:

Oooh! I hope they keep them for a while, they sound delicious! I want to go to WDW!! :crying: :noo: :sad:

I had the dessert at Jiko. It was okay,just not the greatest I’ve ever had.

I want to try EVERY single one of those!! :cool:

(Especially the “Snow-Capped Everest Cakes”!)

Awesome!

[lengthening message]

No, thats all the info I was able to dig up.

This reminds me of a cooking school competition I saw on either the Food Network or Travel Channel. Each school group was assigned a WDW attraction to design a dessert after.

I saw this show. I enjoyed it.

Those desserts sound Yummy. I hope they make a few of them permanent additions. My thighs don’t hope this, but my tastebuds do. :dry: :tongue: