Explain SWA seating to me

It’s been a long time (decades) since I have flown on SWA. I am looking to book travel with one of their super “Just Wanna” fares, and I see there are no seat assignments? Is that right? And if so, how do they decide who gets on the plane first to claim a seat?

You are given a boarding order number at the time you get your boarding pass. Everybody lines up in the assigned order and boards the plane in groups. First on gets first choice for seats and they do make sure everybody goes in order. They do have special advance seating for special needs as well. Much better than it used to be.

If you get airfare with them, just make sure you print out your boarding pass 24 hrs. in advance and you will be in the first group boarding.

If you are at a Disney resort the front desk is usually very helpful in printing boarding passes. We’ve even gone to guest services at a park and had a CM check us in. We’ve never been told no. I sit at my computer at exactly 24 hours out and have all the information ready so I can get in the A group. We’ve even had B boarding passes and had our choice of seats together with a group of 8.

You are assigned A, B, C or C group when you check in (24 hours in advance). If your flight is at 800 am on Tuesday, at 800 am Monday you can start checking in. The first person to check in is A16 as A1 through A15 are reserved for those that fly them almost weekly or for anybody wanting to pay extra to board first.

The check in for A group continues until A60. After A60 it goes to B1 through B60. Then to the C group.

The key is to check in as soon as possible with in 24 hours of scheduled departure. Your number is printed on the boarding pass that you print after you check in. If you are not at your computer 24 hours before check in you can have somebody else check you in. It is a much better system thatn they used to have and works well.

OK, so be at the keyboard at the right time. Got it! Thanks.

For the record… I signe dup for the Ding! thing, and as a result, I got embarrassingly cheap airfare, plus a comically cheap rental car. I am actually ashamed to have such low prices.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;925828]OK, so be at the keyboard at the right time. Got it! Thanks.

For the record… I signe dup for the Ding! thing, and as a result, I got embarrassingly cheap airfare, plus a comically cheap rental car. I am actually ashamed to have such low prices.[/QUOTE]

Good for you!!! (not good for you being embarassed, good that you got a ding! you could use)…

We had B passes once and couldn’t sit togther, so now I always get my boarding passes ASAP.

The ding fares are great. I tend to plan too much and buy before they come out.

If the fare drops, they will credit you the difference towards another reservation within 12 months of the original purchase date. Still non refundable but not as bad as some of the other places.

ha! yeah, RIGHT! :laugh:

OK, you caught me. heee heee