Extra Day...SeaWorld or Busch Gardens

Going to be staying at CBR for 14 nights in July, we will be doing US 1st day, US IOA 2nd day, and looking at either SeaWorld or Busch Gardens for the 3rd day. The next day will be resort touring and Downtown Disney with some time at Disney Quest, this is supposed to be our “relax” day before devoting the remaining 10 days all to WDW…

So for those that have been…should we go to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens? We did SeaWorld back in 05’, but have never been to Busch Gardens…is it worth the drive?

We love both Sea World and Busch Gardens. If you have been to Sea World, then why not plan on Busch Gardens. If you’re coaster fans, BG probably has the best coasters of any of the Orlando parks. If coasters aren’t your thing, then BG is a terrific animal park. We love taking the sky tram over top of the savanna. It’s a nice park to relax in.

[QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1073515]Going to be staying at CBR for 14 nights in July, we will be doing US 1st day, US IOA 2nd day, and looking at either SeaWorld or Busch Gardens for the 3rd day. The next day will be resort touring and Downtown Disney with some time at Disney Quest, this is supposed to be our “relax” day before devoting the remaining 10 days all to WDW…

So for those that have been…should we go to SeaWorld or Busch Gardens? We did SeaWorld back in 05’, but have never been to Busch Gardens…is it worth the drive?[/QUOTE]

If cash is not a problem I would say do both… you have enough time.

We love sea world as a nice relaxing day, it also has two very good coasters now. We did Busch Gardens in 2006 it was a fantastic day big bonus if you love coasters because there are so many good ones and new this year is Cheetah Hunt.

Roller Coasters and Rides - Cheetah Hunt | Busch Gardens | Spring 2011

[QUOTE=jimbo;1073557]If cash is not a problem I would say do both… you have enough time.QUOTE]

Would love to do both…money is not so much a concern, but NEVER enough time to do WDW. It was hard enough to get the family away to do the US & IOA for the first time…and that is mainly due to us loving Harry Potter so much…we originally were going to do 3 days between those parks, but decided 1 day at each would be enough…so that opened the 3rd day. We are leaning more towards SeaWorld…only because DS(9) loves sea-life and knows he’ll get animals at AK…also he knows he’ll get extra time at SeaWorld not having to drive back-and-forth to Tampa…

[QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1073582][QUOTE=jimbo;1073557]If cash is not a problem I would say do both… you have enough time.QUOTE]

Would love to do both…money is not so much a concern, but NEVER enough time to do WDW. It was hard enough to get the family away to do the US & IOA for the first time…and that is mainly due to us loving Harry Potter so much…we originally were going to do 3 days between those parks, but decided 1 day at each would be enough…so that opened the 3rd day. We are leaning more towards SeaWorld…only because DS(9) loves sea-life and knows he’ll get animals at AK…also he knows he’ll get extra time at SeaWorld not having to drive back-and-forth to Tampa…[/QUOTE]

Looks like sea world has been decided for you by DS. He has a good point about more time with they drive back and forth.
I would advise checking out the closing time at sea world and the after dark shows. I always miss them for one reason or another. not sure if they still do shamu rocks and the sea-lion show.

I would only recommend BG if you had two days to spend in that park and stayed in Tampa that first evening. I love both parks. But in my opinion you have to have 1.5 to 2 days to really enjoy all that BG has to offer.

Thanks to all for the advice…I think SeaWorld is going to win out, but still time to ponder the pros and cons…so we’ll see.

[QUOTE=jimbo;1073616][QUOTE=SplashMtnMan;1073582]

Looks like sea world has been decided for you by DS. He has a good point about more time with they drive back and forth.
I would advise checking out the closing time at sea world and the after dark shows. I always miss them for one reason or another. not sure if they still do shamu rocks and the sea-lion show.[/QUOTE]

They still do a version of Shamu Rocks but ever since that poor girl died there the trainers are no longer allowed to swim with the Whales and so the show (for me and my family at least) lacked something and it seemed shorter too due to this. I think Seaworld would be my choice too though. I like BG very much but by the time you have driven there, had a day in the park adn driven home…thats one huge long day. Also, you would’nt get half the rides/attractions done in one day.

Enjoy though…whatever you go for. Oh…and be sure to ride MANTA!!! It is AWESOME!!!:laugh: