Extra Magic Hour Question

Is there a certain time window to receive a bracelet for evening EMH? If we don’t enter the park until evening EMH have started, do we receive a bracelet at the gate? Do we still find a CM distributing them? I just can’t remember if we did this last time or if we were already in the park before it “closed” to those not participating in EMH. Thanks for your help.

If you enter after it started, you show your room key and get it at the gate. If you are there when it starts, you will see CMs handing them out. They won’t be hard to miss, the random line not at a ride will give it away! :laugh:

True, you can’t miss them cause there are several CM’s distributing them and they often where the necklaces or bracelets that light up and blink. I THINK they also give them out at the resorts and guest relations office.

If you arrive after it’s started, as others have said, you’ll need to show your key at the gate. If they are not giving out wristbands in the entrance turnstile area, go to that park’s guest services area. In the MK this is Town Hall. In Epcot, it’s just down the way from SSE on the left (not the right). In DHS, it’s directly off to the left. AK is also just to the left, next to the lockers and rest rooms. They will give you your wristband there with no problem.

I love Extra Magic Hours… :smiley:

The last two times we did EMH they had the lights out on the attractions. :confused: It didn’t make much difference on some of the rides but SM in the dark was kind of a let down. Luckily we know what the ride looks like but for someone who is riding it for the first time and thinking that they’ll hold off 'till EMH when they know they’ll get on without a wait…:frown:

Excuse me? Space Mountain is supposed to be ridden in the dark!
I’ve ridden SM something like 100 times plus Disneyland’s version 12 times and only my very first time on the WDW version were the lights on. Any time since then that I’ve seen the lights on, the ride has been shut down. This is especially noticeable when riding TTA through Space Mountain. The same goes for Big Thunder at night. If the work lights are on, you’re getting off.

DayDreamer,

I don’t recall ever being able to grab the EMH bracelets at the resort…but maybe that’s just me…

But I do believe the park maps/times guides list where you can pick up the bracelets in each park.

I have heard something about an experiment where they gave out wristbands at the resorts, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen it.
As I think I’ve posted, I have always gotten my wristbands right at the turnstile, at guest services, or in the MK, they have lines set up just before you enter the tunnels under the train tracks.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;855872]Excuse me? Space Mountain is supposed to be ridden in the dark!
I’ve ridden SM something like 100 times plus Disneyland’s version 12 times and only my very first time on the WDW version were the lights on. Any time since then that I’ve seen the lights on, the ride has been shut down. This is especially noticeable when riding TTA through Space Mountain. The same goes for Big Thunder at night. If the work lights are on, you’re getting off.[/QUOTE]

Splash Mountain. What would be the correct Mousebuzz abbrev?:confused:

I also have a question…

Evening EMH says times can vary between 1 -3 exta hours - how do you know? Do they tell you when you get there?!?! Or is it just when the crowds thin out?

I think it’s just “Splash”.
Anyway, that’s a whole different thing altogether. Splash Mountain in the dark isn’t anything but a dark boat ride. Without being able to see the scenery inside means you miss the whole story. I’m sorry I misunderstood and I’ve never heard of Splash running dark.

[QUOTE=Sandra;856085]I also have a question…

Evening EMH says times can vary between 1 -3 exta hours - how do you know? Do they tell you when you get there?!?! Or is it just when the crowds thin out?[/QUOTE]
In my experience, every evening EMH I’ve attended has been the full three hours, however, if a ride like Space Mountain does have a breakdown at 1 and the park closes at 2, don’t expect it to reopen. It’s possible that the 1-3 hour part is ride specific.

Morning EMH are 1 hour. Evenings are 3 hours.

I have always wondered this as the past couple of times we were there for the EMH’s we have simply stayed there after the closing time. We have never had wristbands or anything like that and never been questioned. I wonder if we have just been lucky as to not have been questioned ?
Are we supposed to get a wristband then?

The cast members who are running the rides ask for your bracelet, no bracelet, no ride That is after the EMH has started. They check everyone. If you aren’t onsite then no EMH for you.

They start handing out the bracelette about an hour or more before the park closes…if you come after it starts (EMH), you will have to show resort ID to get in and should get your band right at the gate…this does not apply to morning EMH…only evening.

oh I see…I guess since we have only stayed there in the EMH’s to chill, watch second parade have a coffee, shop etc we have never really gone into this need for a wristband. I think this time though we may want to ride some rides during this time so I will make sure we obtain them. Are they distributed randomly at the parks or is there a certain place we should get them from?

Just go to guest services in that park. That’s the easiest, most certain place to get one if you’re already in the park.

Brilliant, thanks Soundgod. Much appreciated :happy: