Extra Magic Hours in Jan?

When are they going to announce EMH in Jan? It’s the middle of July. If you want to plan an Early Jan trip you can start making Dinner reservations but still not EMH’s. ???

We went one year in February and projected attendance was so low that in January they cancelled the emh, and had a caravan of chracters come to our resort for meet & greets instead. Not saying they will do that ever again but they may wait a little closer to announce when/where emh’s are based on how many they anticipate will be there.

I had this issue for our trip the end of September but I think they realize people are planning their ADRs and released the October dates like a week before my 180 day window opened.

Pretty sure that EMH would not be canceled. It is a major selling point now for onsite visitors and is in all the advertising. Not having them, even for a week, would be a major liability problem when it comes to truth in advertising. I am sure they will update the schedule soon. I will be in the same boat in a couple of weeks.

the schedule has been the same for the longest time. Go off that one or just get the hopper.

Don’t know what you’re touring style is like, but we’ve gone to WDW many times in January, and we stopped using EMH. We always do 2 days at MK and 1 day at the other parks. By arriving in time for rope drop and following a touring plan, like the Unofficial Guide, we’re able to see everything we want during normal operating hours.

This allows us to go to bed at a decent hour (with kids) and not have to wake up at 6am to make a morning EMH.

Anymore, we make a point of avoiding the EMH park of the day. We also save ourselves $250 by not getting Park Hopper passes.

Actually sometimes I use the EMH’s to pick a different park that day to go to assuming croud levels will be less at the other parks. We do always get park hoppers. We only go once a year at best so for the small amount of extra money I think it’s worth it. We usually go back to the room late afternoon to rest a little so the park hopper works great for us.

We almost always go to an opposite park from EMH to avoid the crowds…and we hop hop back and forth a lot to catch everything…since we only go every couple of years, we think the hopper is worth the money…but there are also only two of us…

Here is my thinking: hopping to another park takes you the time to walk to the front gate, ride a bus to the other park, then walk to the new front gate. You’ve easily spent an hour of your day or more in hopping. Think of how much you can do in that time.

The one disadvantage of not having PH is you have to pick your restaurants based on your park choices, and there’s not a lot of options to switch.

We always looked at the bus ride between parks as our down time for the day. That 30 minute ride gets us ready for the rest of the day. If we combine it right our days are usually at least 12 hours of park time.

[QUOTE=Cavey;1116008]Here is my thinking: hopping to another park takes you the time to walk to the front gate, ride a bus to the other park, then walk to the new front gate. You’ve easily spent an hour of your day or more in hopping. Think of how much you can do in that time.

The one disadvantage of not having PH is you have to pick your restaurants based on your park choices, and there’s not a lot of options to switch.[/QUOTE]

And this is the reason why last year was our 1st year without hoppers, and we did not miss it.

Wow…I can’t imagine us not being able to decide at 5 that we want to hop over to another park…since we don’t do ADRs and just walk into restaurants we have lots of time to do this…out the door every morning not to return until late at night…we have plenty of time to leisurely stroll to a different park if the mood strikes us…it’s never been a time problem for us…and sometimes we get into a ride by quickly by hopping over later in the day…we also enjoy riding the buses or the monorail…I would miss that part too…:mellow: