Extra magic hours

when checking in will they give you a list of which parks have the extra magic hours.
thanks
jessie

Usually you will receive an information packet that will have park schedules and other goodies.

You can find the EMH hours on the disney website now if you want to know ahead of time.

EMH Tip - and I’ve heard other people say the same thing - I try to avoid the parks that offer EMH hours that day. They tend to be much more crowded.
I’m sure there will be people who disagree with me…

[QUOTE=diofthesouth;981559]EMH Tip - and I’ve heard other people say the same thing - I try to avoid the parks that offer EMH hours that day. They tend to be much more crowded.
I’m sure there will be people who disagree with me…[/QUOTE]

Actually I agree with you - last week we avoided morning EMH parks and we avoided HS the days when Fantasmic was showing. We did however go to the parks with evening EMH since it was so much cooler at the parks once the sun went down.

Taking advantage of morning EMH is good if you get there at opening and then hop to another park for the remainder of the day. This trip we stayed out late (for the pm EMH) so we never would’ve made it to a park at 8am and we didn’t have hoppers, so that’s why it worked for us.

Yes, but you can also get it youself on their website before you go. It’s best to have an idea of what park you are going to go to each day anyway.

Copy it off the website along with the Shows and Entertainment guide in this forum from dac921. No problems.

Morning EMHs are always busier. Evening EMHs are less crowded, and I think a fantastic way to do the parks. It’s still HOT but the sun isn’t beating on you and the crowds are lower.

Hehe, I always find the opposite to be true! But it could be the time of year we go.

When you check in you will recieve a welcome pack that will have a selection of park maps, resort information and extra magic / show times for the parks too. Morning EMH are much busier because people tend to already be up and about with young children whereas during the evening EMH, once they finally get the non-resort guests out, the place is your own!

are the EMH’s posted for Oct. now?

yes…here’s a link:

Walt Disney World park hours, fireworks and parade times, Disney World park hours

[QUOTE=ssn;981572]Actually I agree with you - last week we avoided morning EMH parks and we avoided HS the days when Fantasmic was showing. We did however go to the parks with evening EMH since it was so much cooler at the parks once the sun went down.

Taking advantage of morning EMH is good if you get there at opening and then hop to another park for the remainder of the day. This trip we stayed out late (for the pm EMH) so we never would’ve made it to a park at 8am and we didn’t have hoppers, so that’s why it worked for us.[/QUOTE]

The only time we’ve ever taken advantage of EMH in the evening was at AK last January. Since it gets dark early in January (and the animals get their jammies on and head to bed), there wasn’t much to see or do. As we were reviewing the list of attractions open/closed in the evening, my DS stood there and said, “Looks like there’s not a lot of MAGIC going on here!” We all cracked up, hopped on the bus for our resort, and turned in early. We’re nothing if we can’t laugh!

Without joining the pro/con debate of EMH, AM or PM, I completely agree that it is important to understand what is happening in the World on the days that you are there. Similar to what others said in the planning thread the other day, we don’t over-plan our daily activities. What we do, however, is create a one page document that shows our ADRs, EMHs, parade times, etc. The critical decision making data! Tri-fold it and it is the same size as the park map, one more fold and it is a square that fits in your back pocket. I’ve attached a sample in the event some may find it useful. (If so, enjoy! If not, no big.)

That’s awesome, thanks for sharing! I do something similar, I have it on a couple of separate sheets. I love how you got all of that info. onto one page!