Extra Magic Hours

I always wondered… about the [B]evening[/B] extra magic hours… it is supposed to be for Disney Resort guests only but emm… how does it work? People in the park that aren’t Disney Resort guests can stay because they’re already there (??) Am I missing something ? :huh:

Also… they say “Please note that not all Disney Theme Park Attractions are available during Extra Magic Hours.” Is there a list somewhere of the attractions that ARE still available during Extra Magic Hours ?

During EMH, anyone not staying at a Disney resort must leave. If you stay in the park, then you need to have a resort ID.
Here is the link to the list of rides:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/calendar/extramagichours/
You can find out more about the extra magic hours on the disneyparks.com website.

NJ Mommy is right. They used to give out wristbands but went to the resort IDs about 2 years ago. You just need to keep the resort IDs for everyone handy because you will be asked to show them before you get on rides and some CM may approach you while in the park and ask to see them just to make sure that you are staying on property.

But they can be verifying everyone’s pockets to see if they have DW Resort ID ? This is the part I don’t understand. They just trust people to leave if they aren’t Disney Resort Guests then?

Thanks for the available attractions link !!! :smiley:

Ohhhhhhhhhh ok !!! They ask to show it for attractions !!! I understand now ! Sorry for my second answer I was replying at the same time as you were hehe !

[QUOTE=Neverland;1051362]But they can be verifying everyone’s pockets to see if they have DW Resort ID ? This is the part I don’t understand. They just trust people to leave if they aren’t Disney Resort Guests then?

Thanks for the available attractions link !!! :D[/QUOTE]

See post above :happy: I must have been posting the same time as you.

lol we did it again

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! We’re so in sync !!!

This is what a CM told me Last Christmas. Non-Resort Guests DO NOT HAVE to leave. They just can’t ride anything. Going into the rides they would ask to see a room key. I saw them turn several people away. They can shop or eat but they cant see or ride any attractions.

Oh, we had a 6 person party and I had to show all 6 keys…they counted almost EVERY time. It was the busiest week of the year so they might have been extra careful letting ONLY resort guests on rides.

Oh BTW - most all food vendors and shops are closed - so really they give non-resort guests no reason to stay. In other words - they dont boot them out - they just give them nothing to do besides walk.

Thanks dadofthree !!! Your explanation was very helpful ! :flowers:

You can be asked to show resort ID by any CM anywhere in the park. We were asked twice going from Adventureland to Frontierland and back. On the bridge by Splash Mountain. There were cast members standing on the bridge with flashlights checking for resort ID. If you didn’t have resort ID you were not allowed to cross and were asked to leave the park.

Ohhh!!! Sounds annoying lol But I understand the whole process, just normal ! Thanks for your answer ! :happy:

The non resort guests can stay in the park, but can’t ride any thing resort guest’s are asked to show their room keys to get on the rides.

What others are saying is true and always has been, even in the wristband era.
You can wander to your heart’s delight and you can spend all the money you wish.
But if you want to get on a ride, you will be asked for your guest ID by CMs at the head of all queues to rides that are in operation.
So, make sure everyone has their room key or make sure your designated responsible person has all the keys. For most guests this isn’t a problem because their park tickets are on their room keys. It’s the same as the room key fast pass at Universal Studios and IOA, show your key and get a ride.

However, if you are a daytime guest in a park that is closing for a night time hard ticket event, you WILL be herded toward the exit and you WON’T be allowed to visit the shops on your way out if you don’t have an event wristband.