Extra Towels

Still kind of a DVC newbie, and trying to learn the process before our trip. Towels is the subject…I know that we get mousekeeping every 4th day for trash and towels, but just curious if we need extra towels on day 2 and I call for some extras, will I get a charge for that?

I honestly don’t know the official policy but I will say that several times staying in a DVC studio room I’ve called Housekeeping & asked for additional hangers (there are never enough :pinch:), & occassionally towels. They’ve never questioned me or charged me. Not sure if that’s the typical experience or not.

I have only used my membership once, well twice if you count the cruise, didnt get charged for the towels, but they tried to charge me 3 dollars for a tea bag. I politely declined.

If all else fails, grab some from the pool.

or off the housekeeping cart :laugh:

I can’t find the information on the DVC site so I hope this is up to date.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you’ll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1012198]I can’t find the information on the DVC site so I hope this is up to date.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you’ll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested[/QUOTE]

we had 3 men and two teenagers, there is no way I would pay for trash to be taken down the hall.:laugh:

To be honest I don’t even know where the trash area is, we have so little during our stay we’re fine waiting for T&T day.

It was a discreet door in the hallway, but we were a big group and we cooked a lot so trash was dumped 1-2 txs a day.

Pool towels are they way we go:ph34r:

I like the pool towel idea. Will just grab some extras when we go down there. Thanks everyone!

I was really surprised at the difference in towels service from resort to resort.

When I stayed in an OKW studio there were four towels in the room and by the evening time there were no towels at the pool. We took our towels from the room with us since it was my first time using the pool as a DVC’er and I wasn’t too sure how it worked. When we got to the pool, we saw the towel box but it was empty, so we asked if we could get some towels for the pool and they said they would bring some out. We waited for a bit then got in the pool and they never brought any out so we just used our room towels. When we got back to the room, I called to see if we could get some fresh towel because we used ours at the pool and they tried to charge us the $6.00 for them. I explained the story and they reluctantly brought us a couple of fresh towels.

But when I just stayed in a AKL studio this past December there were 6 towels in the room and the pool box was always stocked. I was just kinda surprised at the differences between the two. :mellow:

When we stayed at SSR (non DVC members here) and our towels ran low, we just brought a few extra back from the pool. Im pretty sure my mum spoke with the mousekeeping lady too and polietly asked for some extras and we got them without being charged.

We grabbed some from the pool as well and then returned them to pool towel return the next day so they weren’t just sitting in our room until Trash and Towel day. The pool towels at SSR were actually pretty plush!