F & W wrist cards

Today I shall be more annoying than my normal self:

Has anyone used the wrist bands for the F&W Festival?

Are they worth it?

What happens if you have money left over on it - can you get a refund?

Can you buy them prior to your trip? I would like to have (and pay for) them in advance.

Oh I LOVE those things. Itty bitty little card on your wrist. But unfortunately once the money is loaded on it that’s where it stays until it’s spent. We put a few hundred on one and then tried to transfer a little over to another wristlet so the kids could get a snack while out doing their stuff but they wouldn’t even do that. I was told it could be used like a GC anywhere in the World that accepts them but we always finished them off so never tried it elsewhere.

We used them last year for F&W and they worked out great. I’m not sure about buying them in advance, but I’d recommend loading them fairly conservatively, since they work just like gift cards and the money can’t be transferred back off of them. They’re easily reloadable at any WDW register if you want to add to them. We had about $50 left on ours last year, and just used it on snacks on our next trip.

Thanks kids. I wanted to get them and give them to our DD’s to ease the burden of paying for everything themselves.

(Yea - I know I said they were on their own this trip, but really - could I do that?)

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1090209]Thanks kids. I wanted to get them and give them to our DD’s to ease the burden of paying for everything themselves.

(Yea - I know I said they were on their own this trip, but really - could I do that?)[/QUOTE]

Awww that’s sweet, Boss. Such a good Daddy:wub:. I see a little crack in the Boss facade.

What about getting them a Disney gift card to be applied to one of the F & W cards?

It kind of loses something in the translation. I can pick them up when we get there, I guess.

What are these wrist bands you are talking about? We will be there during F&W Festival, and it sounds like something I should check into for DH.

I see, you hate me AND my ideas:closedeye:laugh: I agree, it would be so much better to be able to present them the actual cards. So, just send us some gift cards, we don’t mind that it’s not for the F & W Festival.:cool:

It’s a little wristlet you wear that’s promoted during F&W. You can load $ onto it and scan it at all the kiosks, or any place that has a register, so you won’t have to dig out cash for ea indiv purchase. Very handy.

************* BREAKING NEWS *****************

A co-worker is heading down in a week. I’ll have him pick me up a couple as well as some passports as a little teaser.

Thanks for the info gang.
(You too, Hulla).

Thanks for posting these questions!! I was wondering about these wristlets for our upcoming trip!!

A little crack in Boss’ facade? Shucks, he’s had that since birth, but I didn’t think anyone would want to see it. :pinch:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::eek::pinch:

A belt might help that. :smile:

Boss,

The wrist cards are great. We load them up w/ $100 each and I never have to pull cash out of my pocket. That is a real pain because I would always end up w/ a stack of $1’s at the end of the day.

You can load it with whatever amount you want and they can be used like regular gift cards if anything is left over. I know our kids had nothing left after the 4th day hitting the food and drink stands. I told them the first $100 was on us. After that it was on them. We were already paying for everything else including regular meals, resort and tix for the 8 days.

Just remember to write down the number for the card(or keep the initial receipt) just incase they get lost. Last year we meet a couple that lost their card with a couple hundred dollars on it. If they had the number Disney would have been able to deactivate the lost card and transfer the balance to a new card.

Is it a problem that I have 2 that still have money left on them? I figure this trip I will have one for each wrist.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1090246]************* BREAKING NEWS *****************

A co-worker is heading down in a week. I’ll have him pick me up a couple as well as some passports as a little teaser.

Thanks for the info gang.
(You too, Hulla).[/QUOTE]

I am heading up there on Wednesday, but I am not so sure they will sell them before F&W fest- unless they have generic wrist cards.

There is a generic one with Mickey. I have been using it the last few years.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1090245]It’s a little wristlet you wear that’s promoted during F&W. You can load $ onto it and scan it at all the kiosks, or any place that has a register, so you won’t have to dig out cash for ea indiv purchase. Very handy.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Mickeybug!! I believe it was mentioned by someone that you can also use them in stores at WDW. Is that true? I am definetly going to be getting this for DH and myself when we are there in October. Where do you purchase them??