Fact or Fiction?

At our last visit to WDW in June/July, I was talking to a guy that told me that in the event of a direct hit on WDW by a hurricane, Cinderella’s Castle could be completely dismantled into three pieces by a crane. This guy was a Florida resident who told me this with a straight face. Now, the question I have is, is this fact or fiction. I cannot imagine that such a large structure could be disassembled that quickly, or even at all (I know that they now have a living area that people can stay in). Help!:goofy:

I think he was exagerating quite a bit.

Maybe Rowdy Raider will see this post and have an answer for you :smile:

Maybe he was referring to certain pieces, such as the towers?

Fiction. :biggrin:

That just sounds silly.

According to some Disney shows on the travel channel it is fiction.

We once had a bus driver from MK to POR who said in the event of a hurricane it could be dismantled in so many minutes- we just presumed that was true too!

See! The person who told me that it could be done said that he witnessed when it happened. Once again, I do not know if this is true or not. It is just fascinating to think about.

To follow up on what I said earlier. The gentlemen told me it was done in about three hours!

This or a question like it came up before and a Disney Rep said it was false. The Castle is there and can’t be taken apart quickly in case of bad weather

In the event of catastrophic environmental events they deploy the biodome over WDW thus realizing Walt’s dream of a futuristic utopian society!

JK…I couldn’t resist:fork_off:

Fiction. Or else they would have taken it down a few years ago during the hurricanes.

I Googled this question Jeff, because we have been at WDW a couple of times during Hurricanes and have heard mixed reports about what goes on at the parks- and apparently as this site I found says, WDW is situated so far inland most storms/hurricanes have significantly weakened anyway by the time they reach the resort area- the site also has some very interesting info including the Utilidor you also asked about in another postWalt Disney World - Behind The Scenes Tour

In my four years here at Disney we’ve been through 3 hurricanes and a tropical storm. Not during any of those times did the Castle ever come down. Nor can it. Even when the parks are closed and/or evacuated due to a severe storm of that nature, that Castle will always be standing…unless the ultimate disaster in the form of a tornado ever came sweeping through.

That just sounds silly, too bad the CMs have the wrong information.

Isn’t it amazing how many rumors are out there about disney?

I thought the same thing too.

Complete BS! This is an urban myth.

I’ve had bus drivers tell guests there were buses that ran from the Contemporary to Epcot (they don’t, there is only the monorail, I wonder how long those guests waited at the Contemporary’s bus stop until they found out the truth), I’ve had bus drivers give erroneous times for fireworks and parades, I’ve even had bus drivers give the wrong time that service to the MK would end on a given night (they were wrong by an hour, which caused us to need a $20 taxi to return to our hotel after dinner at California Grill).
It seems some of them talk for the sake of talking and don’t always know what they’re talking about!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;871762]I’ve had bus drivers tell guests there were buses that ran from the Contemporary to Epcot (they don’t, there is only the monorail, I wonder how long those guests waited at the Contemporary’s bus stop until they found out the truth), I’ve had bus drivers give erroneous times for fireworks and parades, I’ve even had bus drivers give the wrong time that service to the MK would end on a given night (they were wrong by an hour, which caused us to need a $20 taxi to return to our hotel after dinner at California Grill).
It seems some of them talk for the sake of talking and don’t always know what they’re talking about![/QUOTE]

OH I agree some talk for talk’s sake, but maybe this is more applicable to us ‘foreigners’ but we would tend to think if these were Disney employees then the information they were giving was/should be correct!!