Fantasmic Dinner Package or Not?

This is my first post on this site, and I am sure I will get a lot of great advice.

My family is headed to Disney in October and booked a Fantasmic Dinner Package after we were told it would cut down on the time we would have to wait in line to see the show (the show is only being played once during our stay). I called Disney Dining at my 90 day mark at 7 am and was unable to get the Mama Melrose Package and ended up with Hollywood and Vine. I do not want to use two dining credits for the Brown Derby. I have read the mixed reviews that Hollywood and Vine has received.

Should I keep the Fantasmic Dinner Package or cancel and go for the regular dinner reservation at Mama Melrose?

Welcome to here! I hope you get the advice for which you seek. I can not speak to the H&V menu, but I can tell you getting the package is a good thing. You will still want to get in early, but you won’t have to stand in lines that for 1.5 hours ahead of time.

I personally would keep the dinner package. I had the dinner package once and it was a lot easier to get into Fantasmic. You can avoid waiting in a really long line.

As for the restaurant. I have never eaten at Mama Melrose and would like to try it one day. Hollywood and Vine is ok just not as good as some others. They have a fairly good selection so you definitely will not go hungry!

I would definitely keep the dinner package because it is just so much easier. I would keep calling every now and then though to see if anything opens up at Mama Melrose because H&V can be hit or miss and I think a majority of the time it is miss. If Fantasmic is only playing once your whole trip though, I would be really worried about it filling up real fast and missing it, so I would advise you to keep the package. Also, just so you are not suprised, the seats for the dinner package are by no means the best seats in the ampitheater, but for us they are just fine if it means not having to stand in line forever.

As stated, it seems the dinner package is the way to go. Never been but would like to go sometime soon.

The same thing happened to us. Left me wondering if Mama Melrose really was doing the dining package this year…hmmm. Anyway, we opted to keep it. We missed Fantasmic last year and I am determined to see it this year, but I am not willing to wait in line for an hour and a half nor to stand during the performance. Our package is Sept. 28, so check back in early oct and I’ll let you know how it went!

I was surprised that I was not able to get a couple of my dinner requests. I always thought October was supposed to be a bit more quiet at WDW. Hope you have a great trip! I will check in to see how the dinner package went.

I agree about keeping the dinner package. It makes it so much easier on you, not having to line up an hour in advance. And I definitely wouldn’t want to miss it since you only get the one chance to see it!

[QUOTE=VickieMouse;990981]I personally would keep the dinner package. I had the dinner package once and it was a lot easier to get into Fantasmic. You can avoid waiting in a really long line.

As for the restaurant. I have never eaten at Mama Melrose and would like to try it one day. Hollywood and Vine is ok just not as good as some others. They have a fairly good selection so you definitely will not go hungry![/QUOTE]

We usually do the package. Have eaten at all three. Do not mean to offend, but H&V is our least favorite. Brown Derby, even though is two credits is great. However, the kids prefer Mama Melrose. Not to many places to get arugula on property! :cool:

It used to be quieter, but maybe the free dining opening up for the fall has increased ADR’s.