Fantasmic seating?

Can someone please tell me how the seating is at Fantasmic? Is it stadium seating like Light,Motor,Action??? I am terrified of heights, I really don’t want to get in there and be scared out of my mind :pinch:.
Thanks!

It’s kinda like the lower level seating at most baseball stadiums. Not at all as high as Motor Cars.You do sit on benches and they can get uncomfortable after a while.The last time we went they did the “wave” like at football games.It was a blast.

It is not nearly as steep as Lights Motor Action and rather than the seating going up it goes down toward the water.

I think you enter from the top, will that make it easier for you?

The seats are so spread out that you really don’t get a stadium feeling, height wise.

It’s a fairly shallow amphitheater, not a steep seating set-up like at LMA.

Thank you everyone for the info. I think I’m going to see if I can book the dinner show!

We did a fantasmic dinner package where we had an ADR at 4:30 at H&V. After dinner we hit Indiana Jones, came out and grabbed a seat for the Stars and Motor Cars parade. After the parade, we hit Star Tours and then headed over for the show.

Reserved seating is off to the right. If you have ever been to a dolphin/whale show or dive show at Six Flags, that is about the height of the seating. It really is not bad.

I don’t see a heights issue. My DD and DW both have height issues at stadiums and have never said a word about Fantasmic.

It’s an amphitheater that is built into an artificial hillside.
You enter from the rear of the house even with the very last row of seats.
Rows of seats descend into the bowl.
I would try to sit no more than half way down any section. The higher you are, the better to take in the panoramic sweep of the whole stage. And the closer you sit to the water, the greater the likelihood you’ll get wet from water spray.

Sorry, I’m too lazy to resize pictures so I can post them so this will have to do.
A full size version can be found:

Fantasmic! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

Definitely try to get reserved seating, do the deal with dinner, etc. Now that Fantasmic is only a few nights per week, the crowds/line was huge when I was there in October. Never seen anything like it. And, apparently, it started really early.

I tried to get the reservation seating, no luck all booked :crying:

Honestly, the reserved seating off to the right as you walk in is not all that great in my opinion. I would rather sit near the middle and near the top. We met a cast member once who told us to meet her at Fantasmic that night and she would give us ‘fantastic’ seats. When we met up with her, she put us exactly in the middle on the bottom 2 rows. It had to be the windiest night that night and we were drenched by the time we left (along with our cameras). Worst seats because of the water spray. Stay away from the middle down in front! You never know when the winds will creep up and it is usually windy that time of night and the theater catches the breeze.

I don’t think anyone’s saying the reserved section have superior seats. The advantage to the Fantasmic Dinner Package is that, on a crowded night, you can walk up 45 minutes before the show and be guaranteed a seat, versus lining up 2 hours before the show to make sure you have a seat.

The only time I saw Fantasmic, it was during a slow time of year, first week of February. As resort reservations go, it was still “Value” season. People were lining up as we walked by at 4:30 p.m. (for a 7 p.m. show) as we walked across the park for our dinner ADR. We had a nice leisurely dinner, and then walked into the Hollywood Hills Theater at about 6:15 p.m. We sat in the plentiful available seats in the reserved section. Someone near me told me that 15 minutes earlier, at 6 p.m., it was announced that it was standing room only and that people should stop milling around looking for seats.

So on a Monday night in a very slow season, the Fantasmic Dinner Package made a huge difference for us.

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1061987]I don’t think anyone’s saying the reserved section have superior seats. The advantage to the Fantasmic Dinner Package is that, on a crowded night, you can walk up 45 minutes before the show and be guaranteed a seat, versus lining up 2 hours before the show to make sure you have a seat.

The only time I saw Fantasmic, it was during a slow time of year, first week of February. As resort reservations go, it was still “Value” season. People were lining up as we walked by at 4:30 p.m. (for a 7 p.m. show) as we walked across the park for our dinner ADR. We had a nice leisurely dinner, and then walked into the Hollywood Hills Theater at about 6:15 p.m. We sat in the plentiful available seats in the reserved section. Someone near me told me that 15 minutes earlier, at 6 p.m., it was announced that it was standing room only and that people should stop milling around looking for seats.

So on a Monday night in a very slow season, the Fantasmic Dinner Package made a huge difference for us.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I wanted to do the dinner package! I couldn’t imagine waiting that long:rolleyes:

having seen fantasmic so many times ,yes I would like to see it but I am not about to wait in line 2 hours for many things…In my opinion fantasmic needs to become alittle more flexible and mix it up a little bit,that is the beauty of World of Color…very flexible…as far as the theater it a C shaped amphitheater …and if you want to really enjoy it,sit in the middle ,but if you have a desire to get wet,then sit low my friend…

Keep calling. It may pop up if someone cancels. Happened to us, and I agree, I would rather sit to the right (which is fine) then wait in a super long line.

Having seen fantasmic “once” i’m not about to wait in line 2 hours. Been there, done that and life is too short to spend that much time waiting when there’s so many other places to go and things to do. It is worth seeing at least once, but sry jmho.

I am TERRIFIED :eek: of heights…can’t even stand on a ladder!
This place was fine…go for it! :slight_smile:

I agree…go for it!

Best seats? Mickey section (of course)…mid-level to avoid mist…