Fantasmic?

OMG. Okay… Just got back from Disney World and guess what… the huge Fantasmic dragon was removed from the show the night we went to see it. The husbands never saw the show before, me and my sister were excited to see their reaction when the dragon appears at the end of the show and then… bleh. NO DRAGON AT ALL !!! What the ??? Can someone explain this to me ? I was so upset ! :angry:

PLEASE DON’T BE UPSET!!! THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT!!!

I apologize that you had to see this. For those of you who don’t know, the dragon (we call her “Lydia”) is an audioanimatronic. She’s not a puppet. And like all audioanimatronics, particularly one as HUGE as she is, there are some nights where she will break down right before her performance when they are warming her up or testing her. That’s why they created a contingency if she doesn’t work. They also have a contingency if Sorcerer Mickey is unable to shoot to the top of the mountain, which greatly saddens me.

Anything can go wrong at any time and we’re always trying to be prepared for it. Again, I’m sorry you’ve had to see that contingency, as the dragon is an unbelievable effect. Please don’t be angry. Again, this is NOT a permanent replacement. Just bad luck that night.

Hey Gang, Who RockS?

Rowdy Rocks
that’s who.

I love that the dragon has a name!!!

Don’t feel bad. We’ve waited in that forever line twice and have never seen the dragon. That’s probably why we weren’t impressed with the show enough to warrant a revisit. But it could also be the show itself and my intolerance to que more than 30-45 min for rides/shows.:wink:

although the dragons and animatronics are very cool, the real reason people come back to the world is because of the “Rowdy RAiders”!

Great. I was anxious to see the August schedule so I could decide what night to go to HS. I was even going to order the dinner package (even though my kids won’t eat much of it) just to be guaranteed a seat. Should I bother?

If you’ve never been I recommend seeing it at least once, then form your own opinion. In our opinion it’s not something we ever plan to do again. A lot feel the same way about Reflections and that’s a must for us. Use your GAC an try it.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1063371]PLEASE DON’T BE UPSET!!! THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT!!!

I apologize that you had to see this. For those of you who don’t know, the dragon (we call her “Lydia”) is an audioanimatronic. She’s not a puppet. And like all audioanimatronics, particularly one as HUGE as she is, there are some nights where she will break down right before her performance when they are warming her up or testing her. That’s why they created a contingency if she doesn’t work. They also have a contingency if Sorcerer Mickey is unable to shoot to the top of the mountain, which greatly saddens me.

Anything can go wrong at any time and we’re always trying to be prepared for it. Again, I’m sorry you’ve had to see that contingency, as the dragon is an unbelievable effect. Please don’t be angry. Again, this is NOT a permanent replacement. Just bad luck that night.[/QUOTE]

I just love that you feel like you have to personally apologize. You’re so Disney. :wub:

Absolutely! 9 times out of 10, EVERYTHING WORKS. It’s so beautiful and unbelievable. What makes Disney what it is. This show is a MUST no matter how many times you’ve seen it.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1063375]Hey Gang, Who RockS?

Rowdy Rocks
that’s who.
[/QUOTE]

It’s only because you guys rock my socks and give me a reason to :wink:

Should I :blush: or should I keep :cool: ? :laugh:

If you have never seen it, its a definite YES!!! Its has been really hard my last two trips to get the dinner reservations and reserved seating for fantasmic. So, book early.

The line was huge when I was there in october and a very, very long wait.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1063375]Hey Gang, Who RockS?

Rowdy Rocks
that’s who.
[/QUOTE]

Why yes he does!!:happy:

You just made my heart smile! My DD was just going through pics from our trip and she kept coming saying, “Mom, you look SO happy here” and wondered what it was that made it look like my eyes were shining in those pictures. It isn’t that I’m not normally happy in my regular life, but there is something absolutely magical about being there and I just figured out the majority of it when I read your post:

You reminded me of Walt when he opened Disneyland! Absolutely sure that the vision he had would create magic for each and every person who walked through those gates into that Magical Land. When Cast Members have that same delight he had it creates the magic that makes our eyes shine.:happy:

Thanks so much for all you do to create that magic for my family each and every time we travel under that wonderful WDW arch!

You are sooo cute! My DD wants to be just like you. I really hope she gets her oppurtunity to work here and takes as much pride in her job.:wub:

[QUOTE=Magic;1063445]If you have never seen it, its a definite YES!!! Its has been really hard my last two trips to get the dinner reservations and reserved seating for fantasmic. So, book early.

The line was huge when I was there in october and a very, very long wait.[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone, which meal is your favorite? My kids are very picky! How is the Hollywodd and Vine buffet?

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1063371]PLEASE DON’T BE UPSET!!! THIS IS NOT A REPLACEMENT!!!

Anything can go wrong at any time and we’re always trying to be prepared for it. Again, I’m sorry you’ve had to see that contingency, as the dragon is an unbelievable effect. Please don’t be angry. Again, this is NOT a permanent replacement. Just bad luck that night.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your answer, thank you ! Better luck next time !

Neverland, we must have been at the same show! Unless she was down for more than one show.

Rowdy, there is a chance we got to see your mad skills!

[QUOTE=Buzz’s#1Ranger;1063519]
Rowdy, there is a chance we got to see your mad skills![/QUOTE]

Elsewhere, yes. Fantasmic, no. Only show left for me to learn, even though I’ve been there for 7 years :sad: