Fantastic WDW News!

WDW is the greatest! If you read my last trip report you will recall that we missed BOTH Early Morning Hours due to the Disney Transportation system. We were disappointed, angry & quite upset.

After we returned home I e-mailed WDW. They returned my e-mail with some questions. They asked for some verification & certain other things. They were very nice.

I gave the info & sent them everything they asked for. I think they wanted to verify that we were there & that the transportation did mess up those days at our resort.

Well, today I got a phone call from them. They apologised repeatedly. Plus, they are sending us more tickets! I wasn’t expecting anything like that. I thanked the WDW man. He really made our day!

I did ask him a few questions which he gladly answered. One of my questions was about no doggie bags at Whoop-dee-doo-Revue. I hated leaving food we had paid for since we were camping right there at Ft. Wilderness. He nicely explained to me that the WDDR is an ‘All You Can Eat Buffet’. I did NOT know that. Of course, No ‘All You Can Eat Buffet’ style restaurants give out doggie bags. Silly me.

WDW is the best!! Not many (if any) other theme parks would try to make up for glitches in their system. Thank you WDW!

That is really awesome! Good for you!

Lisa

that is why (partially) that I like it so much. They know that the customer is number one, and without that customer…there is no disney. I am glad that you got some satisfaction, and were rewarded for your constructive criticism…

Wow, free tickets Brebre!?! You’re trip in December will be half paid for!! Congrats!

Yay Disney, this is why they’re so succesful. :heart:

Wow! That is great! It’s nice to know that Disney does still care about their guests experience!

Whao, that’s cool! Who knew that e-mail would get you so far? Bet you’re glad you sent that.

She called her daughters at their work and told each of them… :glare: All the while laughing, and giddy. I love Disney!!

Wow thats great! You have to love their customer service!

That is excellent news. I love to hear stories like this. This is what makes Disney stand out, they go above and beyond. Enjoy the tickets.

That’s great news! Have a Magical vacation!

Congrats to you on the free tickets. I am glad that disney did right by you on the transportation issue. I always pick my resort according to the quality of the transportation and would never pick FW solely for that reason…it can never have stellar transportation due to the size, inner buses to get to the the real buses etc…seems stupid to even stay there unless you have a car, but who am I to say? I am sure that there are people who have had lovely experiences there, but I have ZERO interest in that place…

Dana, we have stayed there before & had a wonderful stay with no problems. I have heard so many good things about FW campground from those who stay there.

If it had only happened once, I would have said… well these things happen. But, to have it happen twice in less then three days was terrible. That is why I contacted WDW. They needed to be made aware of the problem. They want happy Mousekateers. We happy campers come back.

Actually, it was not FW that we had the problem with it was the WDW’s outside transportation system. Hopefully, this will be corrected.

We had this happen once when we stayed at POP Century. But, it was only one time. So, you see, it can happen anywhere. I’m happy that they are looking into the problem so they can correct it.

[QUOTE=brebre_51;900130]Dana, we have stayed there before & had a wonderful stay with no problems. I have heard so many good things about FW campground from those who stay there.

If it had only happened once, I would have said… well these things happen. But, to have it happen twice in less then three days was terrible. That is why I contacted WDW. They needed to be made aware of the problem. They want happy Mousekateers. We happy campers come back.

Actually, it was not FW that we had the problem with it was the WDW’s outside transportation system. Hopefully, this will be corrected.

We had this happen once when we stayed at POP Century. But, it was only one time. So, you see, it can happen anywhere. I’m happy that they are looking into the problem so they can correct it. [/QUOTE]

That is interesting because I really have never heard a positive thing about the transporation at the resort hense the reason I would never stay there. I am still glad that WDW did right by you. I was simply explaining why I would never stay there.

Yeah… my boyfriend’s family stayed there, and he was texting me “we took a shuttle to a bus to a ferry to a monorail…” and I was like… :confused::confused::confused: what’s wrong with you? :laugh:

I’m used to hopping on a bus or monorail and heading to the park.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;900307]Yeah… my boyfriend’s family stayed there, and he was texting me “we took a shuttle to a bus to a ferry to a monorail…” and I was like… :confused::confused::confused: what’s wrong with you? :laugh:

I’m used to hopping on a bus or monorail and heading to the park.[/QUOTE]

FW campers have two choices. To take the ferry to the front of the MK where we can enter the MK or catch the monorail to Epcot. Or, if we choose to, we can catch a FW bus to the entrance of FW. From there we can catch a WDW bus to any of the parks or DTD. As long as the WDW transportation system runs as it should, there are no problems.

[QUOTE=brebre_51;900130]Dana, we have stayed there before & had a wonderful stay with no problems. I have heard so many good things about FW campground from those who stay there.

We had this happen once when we stayed at POP Century. But, it was only one time. So, you see, it can happen anywhere. I’m happy that they are looking into the problem so they can correct it. [/QUOTE]

We had the same problem @ Port Orleans Riverside, so it happens everywhere!

Well… at the time, I’d assumed this crazy route was because of my boyfriend’s family’s lack of Disney experience and education (they didn’t research at all! I was telling him everything…). Then I saw this thread and figured ahh… maybe it wasn’t solely their fault. Guess I was wrong… or right? :laugh: (Next time, they should bring along me as their guide! :happy:)

I’ll 2nd that!! :laugh:

Our free tickets came today in the mail along with a very nice letter. Our names are on the back of each ticket. Two: 2-day, park hopper tickets. The expiration date is 2030!! I’m certain they WILL be used before they expire. lol WDW IS the best!!

That is really wonderful. Glad they took care of you.