Farecast

Saw this in our state journal this morning. It’s a website that offers detailed predictions on whether airfare for certain tickets are expected to rise, fall, or stay the same over time. Sounds like it might be worth checking out.

Airfare Predictions, Find Cheap Airline Tickets - Farecast

Just an added note. I checked it out and found that to get a fare prediction you have to search within 90 days. We usually have our tickets long before that but others may find it useful.

I’m like you smee. Il like my airfare taken care of long before 90days comes. That last 90 days is crunch time for spending money to me. I am certain that someone can use this. Hey, if people get good deals using this, maybe I’ll try it and just save spending money Before I save airfare…even I, mis OCD can change my routine for a good price!:laugh:

it had me priced at $300 per person ugh! not happening here! SW here I come baby!

I don’t know if Spirit flies from your airport or not, but they had a great sale going on.

Great link. Maybe we planners could use it even after we booked just to check for lower fares and get a credit back.

Either way, it’s always nice to have another tool in the ole’toolbelt!

I heard a news report the other day that even if gas prices hit $3.29/gallon, it’s still cheaper for a family of 4 to drive from Chicago to Florida.

Of course in London, my uncle is paying between $10-$15/gallon.:eek:

Holy price gouching Mr. President!

Is that really true? $10-$15/gallon? How does one survive that way?

Well, for one, the rest of the world drives teeny-tiny vehicles that get a gazillion kilometers to the gallon. Plus, bike ride & Mass Transit are much more in fashion in Europe.

Frankly, I can’t figure out why American’s aren’t wiseing up and being more fuel efficient. I USE to be a lead-foot. When gas hit $2.25, I slowed down to the speed limit and started using my cruise more. My gas mileage JUMPED 4/mph. At $3/gallon, I’m saving close to $60 per fill up.

Also, make sure your tires are properly inflated. It really makes a difference.