Farewell Power Rangers

You may want to remove all of your DS from the room before reading this one.

As of August 7th, the Power Rangers will no longer be meeting and greeting. :crying: Don’t ask why because I do not have the answers and will not seek them out in case it’s something that could compromise my job.

If you’ve not met with them yet, DO IT QUICKLY!

I’ll hang with Goofy all day long, but the Power Rangers don’t do a thing for me.
Must have something to do with when I grew up or something.
Power Rangers have had a good run though.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1032593]You may want to remove all of your DS from the room before reading this one.

As of August 7th, the Power Rangers will no longer be meeting and greeting. :crying: Don’t ask why because I do not have the answers and will not seek them out in case it’s something that could compromise my job.

If you’ve not met with them yet, DO IT QUICKLY![/QUOTE]

I know why!! Disney Sold them :frown: My DDs will be sad, they love when they “cruise in” and do their little show!

Here is the link to the article: Disney Shuts Off ‘Power Rangers,’ Selling Them Back to Creator; New Season Goes to Nick : Disney News : StitchKingdom.com

Kind of sad news. My DS is too big now to care for the Power Rangers, but I have some very sweet memories and some great photos of his meet and greets with his heroes. I wonder if they’re leaving because they’re just not very popular anymore. I’ve noticed that none of our Disney channels show any of the Power Rangers Series anymore.

thats sad news, but maybe they will be replaced with someone really cool

wonder if we will start seeing Marvel Characters now?

That’s going to be really tricky considering that Universal has rights to certain characters that predate Disney’s purchase of Marvel Entertainment.
And let’s not even get started on which movie studio has rights to which comic.
They could bring in Captain America and Thor right now though.
It will be a long time before you see Spiderman or the X Men in Disney parks I believe.

I could have written your post. My son loved the Power Rangers when he was young and was so excited to meet them. I still remember the first time he saw them, his eyes got huge and in the smallest voice said, “They are real.”. It was so sweet. At 12 he won’t be too sad to hear they are leaving but a few years ago he would have been.

I have gone through 2 DS that like the Power Rangers and the 6 year-old still likes them. At least he can see them in a few weeks.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1032627]That’s going to be really tricky considering that Universal has rights to certain characters that predate Disney’s purchase of Marvel Entertainment.
And let’s not even get started on which movie studio has rights to which comic.
They could bring in Captain America and Thor right now though.
It will be a long time before you see Spiderman or the X Men in Disney parks I believe.[/QUOTE]

It will be really interesting to see how this all plays out. I do hope they get some comic characters in there pretty soon, though…they could use some more characters that appeal to boys.

I would think they could do Iron Man now since they are selling items on disney.com I would love to see Iron Man in the park

I’m so glad we have some good pics with the Power Rangers from our December trip. We had commented then that they didn’t seem to be as popular as in years past. I hope someone cool replaces them!

I will have to go get some pictures. When I was in the hospital… ABC Kids Sat. were playing the ones from when I was 13.

funny power rangers story…
I was in Disney with my high school marching unit in 1999.
we were standing in line (for what felt like forever) to see one of the power rangers. a woman and her whole family tried to cut right inline right infront of us :angry:& i said (quite loudly) ‘MA’AM, THE LINE FORMS THIS WAY PLEASE’ and pointed to the back of the line…everyone heard me, including the power ranger & they got into their ‘fighting stance’ when i got to the front of the line…it was pretty embarrassing:blush:!!

[QUOTE=tinkfans;1032655]funny power rangers story…
I was in Disney with my high school marching unit in 1999.
we were standing in line (for what felt like forever) to see one of the power rangers. a woman and her whole family tried to cut right inline right infront of us :angry:& i said (quite loudly) ‘MA’AM, THE LINE FORMS THIS WAY PLEASE’ and pointed to the back of the line…everyone heard me, including the power ranger & they got into their ‘fighting stance’ when i got to the front of the line…it was pretty embarrassing:blush:!![/QUOTE]

I love it. Line jumpers really tick me off. Power Rangers never interested me or my girls. They have never even seen the shows. I can see where a boy would be thrilled with meeting them.