Fast Pass changes!

I saw on another site where Fast Pass is changing to enforce the return times. You can enter 5 minutes early, or up to 15 minutes late, starting March 7… Just a heads up…

supposedly it has something to do with the RFID bracelet transition…

Boo. It always sucks when you’ve gotten a FP, only to return to the line to find the stand-by shorter. Or to get a FP during a dinner reservation. It was nice knowing that they didn’t enforce the end time.

Oh, well.

FASTPASS news - Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Gone are the days of returning that night with a pile of fastpasses.

Deja Vu. I remember once upon a time when the return time was enforced and you couldn’t get another fp until that return time.

I’ll admit i’ve been one to hold passes until it’s convenient to use but this ruling could be a good thing. If they were somehow able to issue more passes by cancelling out those that have expired maybe it would help keep rides like soarin and tsm from running out by 1pm.

How, I have no idea but it sounds good in theory. This is one reason we no longer hop. When switching parks mid-day by the time we get to the 2nd one most fp’s have a 9pm+ return time or they’re already gone.

Something needed to change. Not sure if this is the answer but it’s worth a try.

I kinda support the enforcement and expiration of FPs. It always frustrates me when people come along hours after their time slot and wander on through the FP line. There are some out there who really abuse the system so this might put a stop to some of that?

This does NOT make me happy.

I am fine with it. Who needs to wait in a fastpass line because a bunch a people come in later then there pass states.

I think it’s a good move by Disney. After all you’re given a big window and if you can’t make it then hard luck. Get another FP and come back when it tells you to. If people continue to abuse fastpasses and in so doing create the very bottlenecks that they’re designed to ease then they may elect to do away with them altogether.

Wow. Enforcing rules. What’s next? Rubber baby buggy bumpers?

I am thinking past this little change. I wonder what an impact those bracelets are going to have when they are implemented.

I don’t know…I know that enforcement of the expiration time will probably help somewhere but…how many people are going to be franticly running cross park to make those times. Really can you imagine the stampede of bazillian brazilians trying to make their expiration time!

I’m such a pathetic little rule keeper that I don’t think it’ll affect us. I always use it within the perimeters anyway.

Me too! I’m trying to think if we have ever gone back after the expiration time and I don’t think so. We are usually stating outside the que waiting on the clock to hit the exact minute I can hand over the fast pass.:laugh:

So, I am not the only FP Hoarder…I am so relieved

that’s not a good argument, tigger. If you have a doctor’s appointment, don’t you make sure that you are able to make it? do it at the parks as well. the German that I am, I have always adhered to the “appointed time” and planned my comings and goings around that one hour window. It isn’t like they don’t at least give you that.

I am thrilled :happy:

Nope. I usually have my pocket full of sunshine, aka fp’s, most every trip:cool:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1101265]that’s not a good argument, tigger. If you have a doctor’s appointment, don’t you make sure that you are able to make it? do it at the parks as well. the German that I am, I have always adhered to the “appointed time” and planned my comings and goings around that one hour window. It isn’t like they don’t at least give you that.

I am thrilled :happy:[/QUOTE]

Oh, goodness - please not the doctor’s appointment comparison, again! The SoundGod will crush it. :closedeye

Me, too. :angel: :cool:

This will screw up my touring.

I am going to be there when it changes… It will be mid way through my vacation, so I can give a report back about if it changed the week. It will be interesting!

Yeah, we hoard FPs. Mostly because when we get FPs in the morning they’re good for the most crowded time during the day - the afternoon, when we go to our resort and take a break. So we know that when we come back in the evening, we can use our FPs.

Call me what you’d like, but no, I don’t feel the least bit guilty about it.

Yes, I am rather bummed by the new rules, but it’s not the end of the world. Personally, I think they will disappoint so many people that they will end up not enforcing them after a certain point.

And five minutes early - what’s that crap? I have never EVER been allowed to enter the FP gates early. The CMs always make you stand there until it’s your time, which I always thought was a little silly.