Fast Pass+ Drama

I just spent over an hour and a half on the phone with Disney trying to get 4 days of FP+ settled. AN HOUR AND A HALF and I am not exaggerating. By the end, they elevated my case to someone who could make the fast passes work (a FP+ Wizard). He was great and the earlier CM tried very, very hard but what a mess!!!

I just cannot tell you how screwed up this was. They was added and copying schedules forever. I also found it interesting that you cannot add additional fast passes when you are at the park when using the Magic Bands. How is that freakin’ “magical”?? :noo:

Very, very disappointed. I almost told them to forget the Magic Bands.

Are you sure you can’t add FP+ from the app on the smartphone while in the Parks? If you haven’t reached your limit and one is available where and when you want it, I don’t understand why you can’t. They have kiosks to do that in the parks—so why not the app?

Can’t wait for someone who has been there and “done that” to comment on this one. I am confused.

Right now, they are only allowing you to reserve one park only and 3 FPs only and only in that park.
I’ve been told that once the system is live, you will be able to reserve in multiple parks and you will have more than 3 passes per day, the number I’ve heard is 5. I don’t know if that will be the total per day or the total per day per park.

I did have a similar problem with my FP+ reservations last month. A few days after I’d made them, I was checking and they were all gone. I had to work with an internet help desk CM to rebuild my lost FPs manually. And yes, it wasn’t quick.
But of course, the whole system is still in late beta testing and these are the problems they’re looking for and correcting.

I already miss the old system. I thought it worked great. We were semi-experts at it. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1140025]Right now, they are only allowing you to reserve one park only and 3 FPs only and only in that park.
I’ve been told that once the system is live, you will be able to reserve in multiple parks and you will have more than 3 passes per day, the number I’ve heard is 5. I don’t know if that will be the total per day or the total per day per park.

I did have a similar problem with my FP+ reservations last month. A few days after I’d made them, I was checking and they were all gone. I had to work with an internet help desk CM to rebuild my lost FPs manually. And yes, it wasn’t quick.
But of course, the whole system is still in late beta testing and these are the problems they’re looking for and correcting.[/QUOTE]

…my comment/question was about the part that you can’t add any FPs once you are in the park. You mean even in this testing period—if you have no FPs on your Magic Band, and you are in the park–you can not add one from your My Magic Experience app?

That’s what I got from Swaks post—and concerns me. If it’s just during the testing period though—that wouldn’t concern me.

I would like to be able to take care of FPs (if any are left) at the last minute in the parks if I could.

change is always difficult,but disnety went down the road in a big,big way.everyday I read about some sort of difficulty,some glitch,some unforeseen issue,is it time we started to refer ti this as IGERCARE

Well—I think every new system that any big corporation implements has it’s “glitches”. I guess that is why they are extending the testing period.

However, I have always felt that the Disney company does listen to it’s “customers” and guests…and that is why they do make changes to begin with.

I feel confident that they will get it all worked out eventually. :happy:

What CMs have told me is that you can add fast passes once you’re in the park if you haven’t made any for that day. This is mostly for people who arrive without tickets and then buy them once on property.

That’s what I was thinking—that they would have to give you the option to “try” to find an open time on the system. —nothing may be available that day but at least you would have the option of trying.

I guess I can add this here.
As I was typing that last post, the doorbell rang.
UPS with our newer wrist bands.
Disney sure does push them out quickly. Delivery in the morning means it went next day air.
Well, I truly doubt it was on a plane. It’s only 3 hours by car or truck from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale.

You can change…IF you can get into the system.

I’m not a fan. Other apps that Disney IT has put out barely work so I wasn’t suprised that there are problems.

I had TERRIBLE time and spent hours trying to get my APs linked to my MB. And without the AP linked NO FPs. So I had FPs for DW but not me when I arrived.

To me, that’s the big glitch because it’s one that CMs can’t work around.

I just got an update for the My Disney app on the iPhone. Since I can’t use all the features yet I can’t really tell what’s been fixed or updated. Hopefully they will keep fixing things till they get it right. :slight_smile:

When I have had to talk to IT peeps on the phone, they are always terrific. It’s obviously different people writing the website and apps and programming the original MB stuff, because their results just don’t seem to be very good.