Fast passes

Hello
It has been almost three years since we have been to WDW and I am not happy with the new fast pass system! Does anyone have any success stories or tips for the new system?

I am not looking forward to planning this far in advance! We will be there for 10 days. How am I supposed to know which park I want to go to? I can plan out the first few days but we usually wing it after that!

This has made me stressed out and not want to go again anytime soon!

[QUOTE=disneymom;1919093728]Hello
It has been almost three years since we have been to WDW and I am not happy with the new fast pass system! Does anyone have any success stories or tips for the new system?

I am not looking forward to planning this far in advance! We will be there for 10 days. How am I supposed to know which park I want to go to? I can plan out the first few days but we usually wing it after that!

This has made me stressed out and not want to go again anytime soon![/QUOTE]

You may want to do a search here for recent posts on the FP system…several of us have used it since it started. It’s not hard to use the system, but it does force you to plan ahead. You don’t have to use the FP system if you want to take a chance and wait in the standby lines…but we found the standby lines to be much longer than before in a lot of cases. Once you use up your 3 FPs you have chosen, you are free to hop over to another park and choose another FP if you want to…or just stay in the same park.

It does take some getting used to, but if you want to get into the major attractions now without a long wait, you almost have to participate in the new FP program. :blush:

The best part of making your fast pass reservations ahead of time is that you are nearly certain to get a fast pass for Toy Story and Soarin’. The downside is, if you choose Soarin’, you can’t choose Test Track.
Similar, if you choose Toy Story, you can’t choose Rock n RollerCoaster.
There’s other things like, you can get a fast pass for IllumiNations, but if you do, you’re locked out of both Test Track and Soarin’.
At least in AK, because they have so few rides, they don’t have the “one from column A, two from column B” issue.

If they continue to put fast passes in groups, I wonder if they’ll eventually come full circle to the old A,B,C,D,E ride tickets, but in an electronic mode.

On second thought, how many Mousebuzzers are old enough to know what I’m talking about?!?!?

[QUOTE=Big Al;1919093737]If they continue to put fast passes in groups, I wonder if they’ll eventually come full circle to the old A,B,C,D,E ride tickets, but in an electronic mode.

On second thought, how many Mousebuzzers are old enough to know what I’m talking about?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Me!!! Lol.

We are planners but on our Thanksgiving trip last year I left a couple of days open for whatever. The night before we did decide where to go the next day and used the app to make FP+ selections. Worked out fine for us. However, I would advise making plans in advance for Thanksgiving day and the weekend after. It’s crowded and you run the risk of not having any FP+ to choose from if you wait.

Thing I don’t like is all 3 passes in the same park for advance reservations online.

What if I don’t want 3 fps in AK? Well it picked 2 for me.

Here’s a trick that works. What ever fps you don’t use, go to the FP cast member and tell them. I tried cancel and that didn’t work but the CM was able to cancel the 2 I didn’t use then I could add 1 new FP in a new park where I physically was.

I HATE PLANNING THAT MUCH!!!

[QUOTE=Big Al;1919093737]
On second thought, how many Mousebuzzers are old enough to know what I’m talking about?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I know what you’re talking about, especially “E” ticket attractions. It’s just that by the time I finally made my first trip to WDW, it was all pay one price.

I think I would “appreciate” the new FP+ system more, if they would allow you to get another one as you use it up…get 3 at a time, but when you use the first, let you get another. Having to wait it out until all are done is crazy…as I was saying…it really makes you have to come back to each park another day to get Fps for everything you want to do…

Yes, under the old system even if you got a FP for 5 hrs later, you could still pick up another one after two hrs.

The more I work with it, the less I like the new fast pass plus system.
For every speed bump they fixed, they’ve created three new ones.

Thanks everyone. If I have used up my three fastpasses at a park, do I have to physically be at another park to select a fast pass for a different park? Could I see if any are available before I go to the other park? Thanks so much!

Also, do you have to physically have your park tickets before you can reserve the fast passes 60 days in advance? I have been trying to spread out the cost of the trip and I haven’t even bought the tickets yet. I thought I had until November to get them!!!

After you use your three, you have to go to a kiosk in the park where you want to find another FP…unless it has recently changed, you can not make additional FPs at another park different from the one you are currently in…it makes it more difficult…but you can check wait times at another park using your MDE app!!

Hmmm…not physically…but you may have to link your tickets with your MDE account before you can choose your FPs…I’m not sure about that one…I know you have to have your reservation connected to the MDE account, and I am assuming your ticket too but you might have to ask a cast member about that…I made reservations and tickets at the same time so it was all on my MDE account together…

Thanks Smallworld. I appreciate the help!

…last month was my first trip using this new system so…you have to ask questions to get through the process…believe me!! Happy Planning…:blush: