Fastest way to get from AK to Mk

I have not done this recently and was wondering what the fastest way to get from AK to MK would be?

If you’re using Disney transport you can only go by bus. If you have your own car that would probably be the fastest way…if not taxi would be your only option.

Not to thread-jack here…but to expand the question…since we are not typically “hoppers” we haven’t really come across this, but on our last trip when we left AK, I noticed a bust stop for HS. Are there buses that will take you directly from park to park?

Using Disney Transportation, you can always go from one park directly to another, either by bus, monorail or boat.

From AK: All parks, including water parks and DTD, are accessible by bus.
From Epcot: AK, DHS, water parks and DTD are accessible by bus. DHS accessible by boat (from International Gateway). MK accessible by Monorail.
From DHS: All parks, water parks, DTD and WWOS are accessible by bus. Epcot also accessible by boat.
From MK: AK, DHS, water parks and DTD are accessible by bus. Epcot accessible by Monorail.

last time i was there i took the camel,slow but cool…only way right now is bus…haven’t tried the zebra yet…just kidding

The fastest way is by car but if you are not renting a car your only other option would be the bus. Generally the bus doesn’t take too long but it depends on the time of year you are going.

If you’re going by Disney transportation, I would hop the bus to the Contemporary and them walk over to the Magic Kingdom, otherwise they’ll drop you off at the TTC and you’ll have to take either the Monorail or the Ferry across to the Magic Kingdom.

Are you sure about that? That’s not my experience.

I’m pretty sure there’s a bus that goes directly to the MK gate from AK.

I have a Disney transportation guide right in front of me. It states to get to the Magic Kingdom from Animal Kingdom - Bus to TTC, then monorail or boat.

I did this a few years ago with a friend. We were going to MK after AK and we were dropped off at the TTC where we had to catch the monorail. Now I would simply take the bus to the Contemporary and walk over to the Magic Kingdom.

[QUOTE=Mystic;1001355]I have a Disney transportation guide right in front of me. It states to get to the Magic Kingdom from Animal Kingdom - Bus to TTC, then monorail or boat.
[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about why this is on our last trip. If you take a Disney bus from any resort, DTD or DHS to the MK, it takes you straight to the MK - but if you take a bus from AK, it drops you at the TTC.

Color me wrong (it happens more than I’d like to admit :wink:)

In which case, I agree with Mystic… take a bus to the Contemporary. It’s about an extra 5 minute walk.

Cab or car is fastest.

It’s WAITING for the bus that takes the time. They SAY 20 minutes but last weekend I had MANY times waiting 25 minutes, watching several buses for other places pass first.

AK Park bus goes to TTC. If the stops are close enough to watch both, I’d jump either the MK (TTC) bus or CR/POLY/GF depending on which comes first. You can also take the AK Park bus to AK Lodge then bus directly to MK.

[QUOTE=Mystic;1001355]I have a Disney transportation guide right in front of me. It states to get to the Magic Kingdom from Animal Kingdom - Bus to TTC, then monorail or boat.

I did this a few years ago with a friend. We were going to MK after AK and we were dropped off at the TTC where we had to catch the monorail. Now I would simply take the bus to the Contemporary and walk over to the Magic Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

To thread jack…how about going from MK to DHS. Some yrs ago it was take a bus to TTC and then transfer, which took forever waiting for the bus at TTC. After than we never hopped to a park if we had to go thru TTC.

It may be because resorts who opt to drive may drive to MK in the morning and park at the TTC, hop the bus to AK for the afternoon/evening and then need to get back to their cars after the park closes.

If I’m going from MK to DHS (which I’ll be doing on this upcoming trip), my plan was, at least before we switched our resort to the Poly (we were originally staying at POFQ) to take a bus from MK to Beach Club/Yacht Club and then walk to DHS.

Good thinking. I’d rather walk than stand in one place waiting for a bus. One night we are staying at pop while my DD is staying at BC. The next morning I plan to take the bus to DHS and walk to BC to watch the DGKs while DD packs to move to BLT.

The easiest way is to walk to contemporary and then hop onto the DHS bus

Another great idea.

This hints seem so obvious. Sometimes I wonder where my brain is.:confused:

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;1001349]Are you sure about that? That’s not my experience.

I’m pretty sure there’s a bus that goes directly to the MK gate from AK.[/QUOTE]

Picking this up a little late, but no, all buses from other parks go to TTC, not directly to MK.
AK buses go directly to Epcot or DHS.
Epcot buses go directly to AK or DHS
DHS buses go directly to AK or Epcot.
You can take the slow boat to China (Friendships between DHS and Epcot)
If you want to go to or from MK to any of the other parks, you’re going to be quicker taking a bus to the Contemporary and walking or possibly to GF and transferring to the monorail.
Another thing, there is no service from the parks to DTD, so from MK, take the DTD bus from the Contemporary. From Epcot, walk out to either Boardwalk or Beach and take the bus from there.
Finally, unless they are part of the route your bus is on, there is no service directly from one resort to the other.
As for car vs Disney Transport, you’ll usually be quicker on the bus (sometimes excepting AK) because you will almost always be directed to parking that is a hike, so you’ll wind up riding the trams to the gates.
In MK, you park in TTC lots, tram to the TTC which is across the street from lots, and then take monorail or ferry to main gate. This will eat up a lot of extra time versus busing to the Contemporary and walking to the gate.

I’ve mentioned this in another post, but you can not ever go directly from DTD to the parks, ever.
The reason is that historically, if there is direct service from DTD to parks, many day guests will park in DTD to avoid paying to park.
All buses from other parks go directly to TTC, no MK. Only resort buses go directly to MK.