Fastpass changes

We are going last week of October what are the official rules and are they using the reservation system.

There isn’t any change to the rules - it’s just a change to the enforcement.

Fastpass works like always. Get a FP, return during the one hour slot indicated on the Fastpass. You can get a new FP after the time indicated on the FP.

In the past, CMs were leniant about return time, but now you must show up within the one hour time slot you are allowed or have a dang good excuse and be willing to negotiate with the higher-powers. :laugh: (We witnessed someone 20 minutes late for the Soarin’ FP be sent to customer service to see if they could still use it.)

I believe they’ve ended all trials on the reservation system (that was only available to random guests using Disney’s Magical Express). As of right now, I have not heard any announcements as to whether or not (or when) they will switch to a new FP system. I would assume they will add changes when they open the Fantasyland expansion.

:laugh: They need to set up a FP Review Board. I would love to apply for a position on it.

Good idea! The symbol for the board could be an “iron fist” with Mickey Ears! I would like to be on that one too.

I do miss the return anytime though, but the new way makes sense.

I am just happy they don’t sell the Fast Pass like Six Flags does here in Atlanta. The prices are just ridiculous. Hopefully Disney doesn’t do this:

Prices for The Flash Pass vary, depending on level of service and number of riders. Regular The Flash Passes are priced from $35.00 for the first person. Gold
The Flash Passes are priced from $61.00 for the first person and Platinum The Flash Passes are priced from $90.00 for the first person. Up to 5 extra riders, can be added to your The Flash Pass for an additional charge.

It’s funny. WDW is simply enforcing their rules to make the lines shorter for us all, but we really hate being told what to do! :tongue:

I wonder if this is due to tour group abuse???

I remember when we toured “the world” without benefit of the FP…we managed just fine…but now that we have use of the, I certainly use them for some of the attractions.

I never even realized that people were “stretching” the rules of return…never even considered it…and the system worked fine for us within the rules…my point is that I won’t notice any difference with the enforcement…

I will notice a difference and it makes me less excited to plan another trip! Disneyland looks more inviting now, where I know I’ll get to do my favorite things with shorter lines and more than once, whenever I want to.

I find the only inconvienence is you can’t casually re-cross the park to use your FP. You now must head over to the other land no matter where you are in your touring plan.

I never knew you could “extend” your return time. I always just assumed the FP was invalid after the allotted time…Silly me for trying to “stay within the rules”.
And now people are getting upset? I don’t get it.

I saw it go into effect in March, and I saw it in full force last week. It actually helps. There seems to be more fastpass availability, especially later in the day. There seems to be a few more people in line, but not enough to take away the benefit of fp. there is a 15 minute past your time cushion that we used last week.

Overall, this is a great thing. And I was highly against it before… not anymore.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1117674]I saw it go into effect in March, and I saw it in full force last week. It actually helps. There seems to be more fastpass availability, especially later in the day. There seems to be a few more people in line, but not enough to take away the benefit of fp. there is a 15 minute past your time cushion that we used last week.

Overall, this is a great thing. And I was highly against it before… not anymore.[/QUOTE]

Good…thanks for the first hand account…

No problem. I think it makes the whole thing better overall…For instance, the mk was very crowded on Friday with wait times of 75, 85, 95, minutes, etc… Well big thunder was 45-50 minutes and we were still getting fastpasses at 7:30. For an 8:05 return time. It would not have been there before the enforcement. This is just an example but it happened all week long everywhere.

No problem. I think it makes the whole thing better overall…For instance, the mk was very crowded on Friday with wait times of 75, 85, 95, minutes, etc… Well big thunder was 45-50 minutes and we were still getting fastpasses at 7:30. For an 8:05 return time. It would not have been there before the enforcement. This is just an example but it happened all week long everywhere.

We never went past the return time anyway…but it’s good to know that a change they make is working…

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1116650]There isn’t any change to the rules - it’s just a change to the enforcement.

Fastpass works like always. [/QUOTE]

Right, it’s simply full enforcement of Disney’s long standing printed policy.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1117674]I saw it go into effect in March, and I saw it in full force last week. It actually helps. There seems to be more fastpass availability, especially later in the day. There seems to be a few more people in line, but not enough to take away the benefit of fp. there is a 15 minute past your time cushion that we used last week.

Overall, this is a great thing. And I was highly against it before… not anymore.[/QUOTE]

That would make sense. I’ve read touring “suggestions” that you start grabbing and accumulating FP early in the day and use them at the end of the day. Never did it, but I could see how it would throw off the system in the evening.

For those guests that aren’t aware that the enforcement is now in full force, is there someone warning people before they get the fast passes? (Just wondering why there would be more passes still left later in the day.)

We have never done this either, but instead just tried as best we could to get passes that we ensure a return time was possible. DH is really crazy about following rules, so if we were going to be late because of dining plans, or a parade he wouldn’t even entertain getting a pass, just in case we couldn’t make it back. That said, sometimes things just come up… Oh well.

It’s clearly printed on the fastpasses you get so once you see one you will know the policy. I believe there were also small signs on some of the fastpasses machines last week. I know Toy Story had signs on the fastpasses machines but I can’t say that all the rides had signs.

It plainly says on the ticket that " late arrivals will not be allowed". Or something like that…