Fastpass not impressed

So my window to book fast passes for our september opened friday.nothing we wanted was avaiable .since my knee replacement i cant stand for long periods .I wanted the fast pass for parades and fireworks so we didnt have to wait for two hours to h
get a spot

[QUOTE=faerie dust;1919093287]So my window to book fast passes for our september opened friday.nothing we wanted was avaiable .since my knee replacement i cant stand for long periods .I wanted the fast pass for parades and fireworks so we didnt have to wait for two hours to h
get a spot[/QUOTE]

You are the first person I have heard of that couldn’t get at least most of the FPs they wanted. I was able to get all mine when I wanted and even make changes. I’m sorry you had trouble. You should keep checking for someone to give up a time slot.

I think I read that FP for fireworks don’t open up until closer to your trip, not the 60 day window. What does it say when you try to book them?

No…I got my FP for viewing at the 60 day point, but remember they are limited…I chose my FPs at the very first minute I was eligible… 12:01am on the 60 day out date…

I misread and thought that you didn’t get a single FP that you wanted. The parade viewing and fireworks viewing area has limited space…unlike the rides which have times all day long.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1919093290]No…I got my FP for viewing at the 60 day point, but remember they are limited…I chose my FPs at the very first minute I was eligible… 12:01am on the 60 day out date…

I misread and thought that you didn’t get a single FP that you wanted. The parade viewing and fireworks viewing area has limited space…unlike the rides which have times all day long.[/QUOTE]

What did you have the FP for? Was it worth it? Do you show up 15 mins before? Are you still behind 30 people? I’m thinking maybe for the parades.

I haven’t used them yet so I don’t know how good the view is but yes it’s for the parade viewing. You arrive 15-20 minutes early and are let into a roped viewing area. We will get there right at the earliest so we can be right up at the rope. We will be there in 3 weeks so I will let you know.

If it works out, it will be worth it to me to avoid sitting and waiting to save a spot.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1919093292]I haven’t used them yet so I don’t know how good the view is but yes it’s for the parade viewing. You arrive 15-20 minutes early and are let into a roped viewing area. We will get there right at the earliest so we can be right up at the rope. We will be there in 3 weeks so I will let you know.

If it works out, it will be worth it to me to avoid sitting and waiting to save a spot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that means TR !!! :laugh: No pressure though.:whistling

When we were at disney in May, I just couldn’t believe the number of people willing to wait in the hot sun for ages, just to be up front for the parade. I would have passed out.

I’ve sat and waited for the night parade, stood around for the fireworks, but the day time parades were just hit and miss. I think the last time we saw an entire daytime parade must have been 25 yrs ago. Just never wanted to stop and wait forever during the day.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1919093293]Thanks, that means TR !!! :laugh: No pressure though.:whistling

When we were at disney in May, I just couldn’t believe the number of people willing to wait in the hot sun for ages, just to be up front for the parade. I would have passed out.

I’ve sat and waited for the night parade, stood around for the fireworks, but the day time parades were just hit and miss. I think the last time we saw an entire daytime parade must have been 25 yrs ago. Just never wanted to stop and wait forever during the day.[/QUOTE]

If you sit on the Emporium side of the street on the curb, we have avoided the sun for the afternoon parade. One of us saves two spots with our backpacks while the other goes shopping or runs for a snack…:biggrin:

At least with the FP viewing area, we won’t have to wait in the sun long…we may not like it…who knows…but we’ll see soon!!!

The new parade is definitely a step up from the last parade… Like the old disney- that sort of fascinating-on every float…

[QUOTE=faerie dust;1919093287]So my window to book fast passes for our september opened friday.nothing we wanted was avaiable .since my knee replacement i cant stand for long periods .I wanted the fast pass for parades and fireworks so we didnt have to wait for two hours to h
get a spot[/QUOTE]

Did you try on both your computer at home was well as your phone? Because I’ve heard that sometimes they tell different FP stories about what is available.

Wow - I guess I am really out of it. Fast passes for parades and fireworks?!? I’m not sure I see the point, we have never had a problem with viewing in the past. I’m sure it would be nice to get closer without waiting all day but I’ve never felt the need for front row parade seats.

We sit on the curb or up over the train station for about 2 hours ahead of both parades. We have Fps for both tomorrow so it will be a treat to show up… Out of habit, we will probably be hanging around the roped area well ahead of time!!! lol I’ll let you know. When you are only 5 ft tall, being behind anyone except a small child is frustrating…

[SIZE=4]I see your point. A few years ago, my DD and I were able to walk up to the Train Station at pretty much the last minute. It was odd that there were only a few people up there, we had a great view of the parade making the circle. Let me know how the FP works our, I hope you get a really good viewing spot![/SIZE]

…we used to be able to show up for that spot over the train station, but I think the secret is out now!!! lol It get’s crowded up there an hour before… I hate wasting a FP on the parade, but …if you can’t see it—it’s not worth going. We learned that early on!!! :slight_smile:

I thought the secret was out a long time ago.

Some yr ago, we had gone up there and we managed to get two chairs by the rail along with about 30 other people. But they had to clear the platform for a little Christmas show they did. We were seated in the railway station to wait until it was over. But it was also a staging area for the show. We were told, “you must sit here, do not take pictures, do not talk to the characters”. So we sat there. The characters were standing waiting for their cue, waving to us and such and we acted like don’t bother us. I mean we were told don’t interact with them.

Anyway, when we were allowed out again, we had our chairs back and I went to thank the CM (DH was by the chairs) someone decided to stand in the 4 inches between my chair and the railing and would not move. So from now on, I’m never thanking anyone ever again. Kidding of course, but boy that person was rude.

Honestly you have tremendous patience because if that happened to me, that person would move…by me!!! When they play the rude card, that opens the door to momma bear coming out.