Fastpass+

I just made the Fastpass+ selections for our February trip. At first I wasn’t too happy that when selecting I was given a block of times (4 different to choose from), but when I went back in and found out that I could modify the times, it made me VERY happy. The Fastpass+ selection process was also very easy and I quiet enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to seeing how available additional fast passes will be after our first three are used, we are park hopping so being able to get another Fastpass after the initial three, I hope works out well.

We never tried to make a fourth FP, but I found the kiosks are far and few between. Right now you have to get the FP at a kiosk first, then you can juggle things on a smart phone. We don’t have a smart phone, so we didn’t ever bother. Perhaps by Feb, the rules will change again.

Now it may be because we don’t have a smart phone, I found the whole thing stressful. I was exhausted trying to decide where do we want to be 60 days from now and what rides, etc.

It was nice having a couple of rides in your pocket, but I wish they would have done a mixture of FP+ and the old system. One day we had FP+ at MK, but we decided to just move over to BCV, go to breakfast and didn’t go into MK at all. We didn’t try to get new ones at Epcot, we didn’t want to wait in line for a kiosk.

I’m here right now and have used 1 FP the entire time. Just cant stand the thought of being at the mercy of my cell phone either looking up schedules or rearranging if my 60 day out thought process was off vs.when I’m here. Just so sad seeing Moms and Dads with their faces glued to their cell phones instead of giggling with their kids. This system has totally taken the magic out of spontenaity and is just sad.

Hope you’re having a great time!!!

I hope you are having a good time in spite of all the changes…We didn’t like to have to do it either but…we only got Fps for the “must do” things like Seven Dwarfs Mine Car, FastTrack and Toy Story…we just “winged it” with most others…we don’t mind waiting in standby for some things…I LOVED the MB system though…I missed wearing it when I got home and was ready to “swipe my wrist” at the grocery store!!! lol Have fun…

I tried using it at the elevators. LOL

lol…they SHOULD make it work for the elevators!!! ha!!

thinking of purchasing our rooms through Orbitz rooms much cheaper and just getting tickets when we check in. If I do this, how hard will it be to get a fast pass in that short period of time? Going in February.

I agree Smallworld, we got FP for the must dos too and they’re all first thing in the morning. Getting all the must dos done first frees up the rest of our day. We’ve been to WDW enough times that we don’t stress if we can’t get on a ride. The kids are older now and don’t mind as much if we have to wait in line a bit. It’s been 3 years since our last trip and we’re really looking forward to it. I actually think I’m looking forward to all the good meals we’re going to have over the rides…LOL!!!

I am having a great time. Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I guess I came across a little strong previously, but as many of us Disney fanatics knows, when you have something so special going on and then a wrench gets thrown into your touring style, you get passionate about it. This new system is horrible for us “go with the flow” type people and I’m upset with Disney not even considering this group after all our dedication to them.

Sorry to bring up a thread from a few weeks ago, but we took a trip recently and I had a thought… Everyone can schedule FPs 60 days out now, but what if their plans change? What if they’re locals/Cast Members who decide not to go to the park that day - or what if people are on vacation but someone gets sick or everyone’s tired and they decide not to go the parks - or what if people decide to go to a different park - and all of these people don’t cancel/change their FPs? I’m asking this because I’m wondering how many FPs go unused everyday, which prevents people who ARE there in the parks that day from getting a FP that would actually have been used. We used to park hop and get FPs all day long - some of course were for later in the day, but we were still able to mostly get what we wanted. With this new system, we’ve been able to get the 3 we booked ahead of time and THAT’S IT. By the time we get those 3 done, there’s no FPs left for anything else that we want to do. We were at Epcot in the morning, hopped to MK, and the only thing left that we were mildly interested in was Aladdin’s Magic Carpets, which was a walk-on anyway.

Also, since you HAVE to get 3 from one park before you can get any more or get any at a different park, we found ourselves picking FPs we knew we wouldn’t use, just so we could get the 3 out of the way. So now we took that FP away from someone who may have really wanted to do that ride.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I just don’t understand how they’re saying this new system is an improvement - I understand that some people would like booking FPs ahead of time, but I’ve had many CMs tell me that it allows more people to use the FP system. I don’t see how that’s the case - we’re getting less FPs than we did before, and for rides that we don’t really care about. We took a trip with friends from around the country - they bought their tickets at the gates, so they obviously couldn’t book their FPs 60 days out - and when we walked up to the FP kiosk at parking opening, all the FPs were gone for both Soarin’ and Test Track. This would not have been the case under the old system - we may have had to wait for return times later in the day, but we would have been able to get FPs for one or the other. Under the new system, we got nothing and we wasted most of our morning in line.

Why couldn’t they have used the Magic Bands with the old FP system - walk up to the kiosk at the ride, check the return time, make your decision right there whether you want a FP or not, and then use your band. This way you know they’re being used by people who are actually in the parks and who actually want a FP for that ride at that moment.

(double post… sorry)

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1919094286]Sorry to bring up a thread from a few weeks ago, but we took a trip recently and I had a thought… Everyone can schedule FPs 60 days out now, but what if their plans change? What if they’re locals/Cast Members who decide not to go to the park that day - or what if people are on vacation but someone gets sick or everyone’s tired and they decide not to go the parks - or what if people decide to go to a different park - and all of these people don’t cancel/change their FPs? I’m asking this because I’m wondering how many FPs go unused everyday, which prevents people who ARE there in the parks that day from getting a FP that would actually have been used. We used to park hop and get FPs all day long - some of course were for later in the day, but we were still able to mostly get what we wanted. With this new system, we’ve been able to get the 3 we booked ahead of time and THAT’S IT. By the time we get those 3 done, there’s no FPs left for anything else that we want to do. We were at Epcot in the morning, hopped to MK, and the only thing left that we were mildly interested in was Aladdin’s Magic Carpets, which was a walk-on anyway.

Also, since you HAVE to get 3 from one park before you can get any more or get any at a different park, we found ourselves picking FPs we knew we wouldn’t use, just so we could get the 3 out of the way. So now we took that FP away from someone who may have really wanted to do that ride.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I just don’t understand how they’re saying this new system is an improvement - I understand that some people would like booking FPs ahead of time, but I’ve had many CMs tell me that it allows more people to use the FP system. I don’t see how that’s the case - we’re getting less FPs than we did before, and for rides that we don’t really care about. We took a trip with friends from around the country - they bought their tickets at the gates, so they obviously couldn’t book their FPs 60 days out - and when we walked up to the FP kiosk at parking opening, all the FPs were gone for both Soarin’ and Test Track. This would not have been the case under the old system - we may have had to wait for return times later in the day, but we would have been able to get FPs for one or the other. Under the new system, we got nothing and we wasted most of our morning in line.

Why couldn’t they have used the Magic Bands with the old FP system - walk up to the kiosk at the ride, check the return time, make your decision right there whether you want a FP or not, and then use your band. This way you know they’re being used by people who are actually in the parks and who actually want a FP for that ride at that moment.[/QUOTE]

I hear what you are saying…but I don’t think it’s ever going to go back to the way it was before…We hardly ever got Fps and never waited–always walked on rides…but the way things are, you have to get the Fps for the new or really busy rides. This is because of just what you say.

I will say though, that last summer, we were able to walk up to a kiosk and get a FP right after we got off the 3rd FP ride. We did this a couple of days while in the parks. I guess we were just lucky…

I do think that it makes you have to go more days now—just to fit it all in…since you can’t do Fast Track and Soarin at the same time, we found we had to go back to Epcot for half a day—then switch over to another park… Complicated but—what can you do? We either go—or we don’t.

Ahhhhhh, well there you go. Now I understand why Disney is saying the new way is better. :wink:

Yep…they are good at what they do…and we just keep going…lol

I am skeptical about the whole FP situation too. The part about having to remember the time window for each FP is going to be an issue for me too – I had been hoping to leave the phone and purse at the resort and just wander around with the Magic Band. But now I suppose the whole purse has to go with me.

You could go with shorts with cargo pockets. Combine that with one of those RF proof card wallets so you have your real ID and perhaps one credit card. Also, if you have an AP, you’ll need to have that with you as well, not for admission, but so that you can get AP discounts. I also carry my TIW card in it and a couple bucks.
As for the FPs, I write down my times on a scrap of paper.
It works out well for me. I hate using my phone for anything other than phone calls and weather.

We are those people who use a small backpack. I use my phone a lot to check wait times and restaurant availability so I always take my phone with me…I use the MDE app a lot while I am there.

I forgot, I also use my phone to check wait times. A lot.
Restaurant availability, not very much at all. I still make reservations in advance or sometimes change reservations using my laptop in my room first thing in the morning.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094420]I forgot, I also use my phone to check wait times. A lot.
Restaurant availability, not very much at all. I still make reservations in advance or sometimes change reservations using my laptop in my room first thing in the morning.[/QUOTE]

The app is great for those of us who don’t make ADRs ahead of time…and want to check about availability on the go in the parks!! I pull up the app around dinner time or so, check whose got a table available and walk up to take it…it’s great for that…lunch too but most of the time we use QS for lunch…