Favorite counter service

In an effort to cut costs, we are going to mainly do counter service next trip.

I know where we’ll eat at HS (abc commissary and pizza planet), and MK (Pecos bills, caseys, cosmic rays, columbia harbor house, and we’ll go to Ohana one night).

AK - considering pizzafari, we have only done flame tree here, and it’s just ok. we are ready for something else. how are other counter service at AK?

Epcot - (we need 6 restaurants) we want to try sunshine seasons this trip, and will go to tangerine cafe. we know we do not like the fish and chips place in England (which i was surpised about, since it gets such great reviews here). but, finding a bunch of other counter service in epcot is proving tough - i want to do another table service, and epcot is the logical place, but not sure which one if i have to narrow it down to just one…AGH!!!

so, help please! whats your favorite cs in epcot (and ak) - and/or economical TS?

thanks!

I really love Cantina de San Angel. We eat there every time and it is just SO delicious. I love the Wet Burrito.

We were always on the dining plan, so I never knew any of the prices for anything, i just pointed at something on the menu I wanted and scarfed it down. But I really liked the garden grill cafe in epcot. the entire restaurant moves in a circle as you eat your dinner. It is above the moving earth exhibit, so you can go stand on the railing and look down into the exibit. It is served “family style”, all on one plate right in the middle of the table and you serve yourself like at home. Its all you can eat,too. They keep bringing it out,as you finish. They said that almost all the vegetable that you eat there were grown fresh there in Disney at the moving earth exibit. I really liked the vegetables. As far as counter service goes…i dont know if everyone in your family likes chinese food,but the chinese counter service place there was really good. I think we had the fried rice and egg rolls. Im not sure, I think one of us had the lo mein. But I do remember it being really good. Id definitly eat there again. But I highly recommend the Garden Grill for a table service.

Me, I’d go to Tangierine Cafe twice. :wub: :laugh:

Yak & Yeti counter service at AK and Mexico’s counter service are yummy! Sunshine Seasons is probably the best on property!!

i am very excited to try sunshine seasons - not sure why we haven’t before!!

yak & yeti? how are portion sizes? does it come with rice?

[QUOTE=emamasa;909300]

AK - considering pizzafari, we have only done flame tree here, and it’s just ok. we are ready for something else. how are other counter service at AK?

Epcot - (we need 6 restaurants) we want to try sunshine seasons this trip, and will go to tangerine cafe. we know we do not like the fish and chips place in England (which i was surpised about, since it gets such great reviews here). but, finding a bunch of other counter service in epcot is proving tough - i want to do another table service, and epcot is the logical place, but not sure which one if i have to narrow it down to just one…AGH!!!

so, help please! whats your favorite cs in epcot (and ak) - and/or economical TS?

thanks![/QUOTE]

Well, it’s ashame that Tusker House stopped being counter service 'cause that meal was THE BEST! If I were to choose a counter service at Animal Kingdom it would definately be Yak & Yeti, I personally thought Flame Tree was gross & I am not too interested in Pizzafari. The good thing about Yak & Yeti is that many of the meals give you enough food that sharing is possible, so it can help economically. I RARELY finish my CS meal there, my DH and I have shared the honey chicken in the past and were both fine.

You may want to consider some counter service locations in DtD & the resorts also. Youcan get a HUGE meal at Wolfgang Puck’s cafe that is sharable, even Artist Palette at SSR has many nice big sandwiches on Artisan bread, etc. Roaring Forks at the Wilderness Lodge has great hearty chilli too. Lots of great options.

Sunshine Seasons

At the mk its cosmic rays hands down. Epcot is the land.

AK - Pizzafari is very yum. :happy: They have salads and sandwiches too, so it has a little variety - not just pizza. Yak & Yeti also has a counter service place on the side which is delish! :heart:

EC - I love me some Chinese food, whether it’s from the China pavillion or the Asian station in Sunshine Seasons. SS has a LOT of variety. Whenever I go with friends we always end up there because everyone can easily find something they like.

DTD - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express…BOTH AMAZING!

MK - Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills

EPCOT - Cantina de San Angel

MGM - ABC Commissary

AK - Haven’t tried it, but I’d say Yak and Yeti would be my fave!

RESORTS…POP Century has THE BEST Food Court! I also heard Pepper Market at Coronodo Springs has AWESOME CS, too!

We just went to Pizzafari at AK last week and it was really good. We went to Flame Tree last year and just thought it was OK. We wanted to try CS at Yak & Yeti but never got around to it.

At Pizzafari I had the Italian Sandwich and DH had the Chicken Parm sandwich and both were good - the Italian Sandwich was the best though!

AT Epcot we like Mexico, Germany and Sunshine Seasons counter service.

At MK - just tried Columbia Harbor house and the tuna sand was so good and fresh. The bread was wonderful! Casey’s hotdogs are the best and we went to Cosmic Rays for chicken and ribs!

Actually, the bakery in the France Pavilion at Epcot is REALLY yummy too-especially for lunch-you can get a nice sandwich on a baguette, they have quiches, and of course, awesome pastries!
The German pavilion has yummy bratwurst, and Norway “kringle…something” has great soup, and sandwiches as well (they also have great pastries)
Tangerine Cafe and Cantina de San Angel are great too
well-that’s 5-and for your sixth, definitely Sunshine seasons-enjoy!

(can you tell I love eating at EPCOT?!?:laugh::blush:)

I’ve done that!:laugh:

I’ve always enjoyed Pizza Planet, of course because of the awesome alien decorations and how much it’s like the movie!:blush:

But, this year I tried the quick service in Japan for the first time, and it was AMAZING. Beautiful sit down area with a breath taking view, definitly added to my favorites. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

in epcot definitly check out the Japan counter service, not only is the food to die for, but the amazing view was an added extra!:heart:

for table service try coral reef! once again, great food and atmosphere.:happy:

Love the Commisary at Studios… have the Cuban Sandwich. I dream of it!

At EC, we enjoy Cantina de San Angel, where you can eat a pile of Mexican food at a lovely table by the water.

At MK, we really like Pecos Bill’s. I have no idea why, but we do. The condiment bar has yummy mushrooms to add toyour burger.

Looove the food courts at POR and SSR, so if you are into it, take a bus over there and chow down.

Pizzafari has an amazing Italian Sandwich – my favorite CS meal on property! Its a nice variety on the menu too. I’d give it a try!

Epcot-- I also love Cantina de San Angel for CS or even San Angel Inn for TS. I also like the CS in Japan!

thanks everyone - we are set on what to do at MK and HS, as well as DTD (wolfgang puck express and possibly earl, but maybe WPE again).

AK - still leaning towards pizzafari - that italian sandwich is what caught my eye in the 1st place, and hearing several of you say how good it is just makes me want it all the more. I am interested in yak & yeti, but chinese can upset my stomach sometimes, so i am nervous.

Epcot - sunshine seasons is a definite, as well as tangerine cafe, still thinking about the others. gotta see what our friends think too. we have done cantina de san angel before, it was ok. not sure there is anything the kids would like at the german cs (at least the allears menu doesnt list kids meals, and i dont think they’d like brats/kraut). i’m thinking about the japan cs, but i am a japanese food snob, so i’m not sure about that one.

thanks again!!

No pizza or breadsticks at Pizzafari…yuck!!! :blow::blow::blow:
IMO…:blush:

My DD likes Restaurantosauras for the Mickey D’ds happy meals (maybe cause she rarely gets them at home)