Favorite Disney memory

Disney is such a magical place~ we just FEEL different when we’re there so I was wondering what is your favorite single Disney memory? Mine would have to be at Cinderella Castle - my DD4 was all dolled up, fresh from the BBB & headed up the staircase to the Dining room for our dinner at CRT, when she lost her “glass slipper” on the stairs ~ Of course, her “Prince Charming” (DH) got it for her & made such a fuss about finding his Princess! She still talks about that to this day!!

My favorite would have to have been when I took my DD in 1997. Her favorite character was Minnie Mouse. She had on a Minnie sundress when we went to Chef mickey’s and Minnie made such a fuss over that. Having had her attention already, DD was in her glory and HAD to also show her that she had on Minnie mouse pull-ups. I don’t think Minnie was expecting to get flashed, but she played it off well and made a fuss over that in a non creepy way.:laugh:

Watching our DD meet Capt. Jack Sparrow at the Pirate & Princess party 08’.
He spent awhile with her and was showing off all the gold coins and jewelry and when she picked up a coin and gave it to him he told her that he must now find her a gift and then proceeded to take a couple of more minutes with her. That was one of the most memorable moments for all of us. We were leaving the party and stumbled upon the “Hidden Entrance”. I even asked him if I could get a picture with him … I said Jack can I get a picture with you. His reply was golden… He said " That’s Captain Jack Sparrow … Savvy "
We laughed about that all night long(and still do!). GREAT MEMORY !!!

Mine will have to be when my sister and I were playing in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. She was almost a year old and when she slid down the slide, my mom was waiting to catch her, but she took her first steps. It was really cute and every time we go back my sister insists on re-inacting it! haha :laugh:

Tough to choose but one that we laugh about is when we ate at Prime Time and my son tried to hide his green beans. My daughter coundn’t wait to tell on him. Well, it backfired and she had to wear a clown bib for being a tattletale!! She had such a mortified look on her face. We took pictures and sent them to our “cousin”. I am sure us MB’ers have so many that we could post forever. That is the magic that people who say “You’re going again??”" will never get!

My favorite would have to be in 2004 when my youngest DS was not just quite a year-old when we visited . It was near closing time and we decided to go to ToonTown before the fireworks began because one of my dk’s didn’t like the noise. When we arrived no one was in line to see the characaters so we had as much time as we liked to see them. While the rest of the family was seeing the Villains I took the youngest to see Pooh and friends. No one else was in the room and Pooh, Tigger and Eeeyore played with him when I let him out of his stroller. He had them all to himself for 10 minutes and I got some great pictures. What a memory!!

My favourite memory is pretty simple really, We were staying off site on our first visit to the USA, and travelled across to MK on the boat. Suddenly there before my very eyes was Cinderella’s Castle. A place that I had gazed upon for many years in books tv and movies but never thought in a million years I would see it for real. I felt as though a picture had sprung to life in front of me, and I have to admit, I wept a little for the magic of that moment. I had wanted to visit America all my life and suddenly I was there in this beautiful country with the epitome of American family life, right in front of me- priceless.

:heart::heart:

i have two:
1 is when we took the girls for the very first time and it was rose’s second birthday. we met pluto. he was the first character these girls ever met. well rose didn’t get the concept of autograph books. so when pluto grabbed hers she started crying and told the cast member “pluto took my book”. when he gave it back and she realized what it was for, she wanted EVERYONE to sign it lol! she would walk up to random people and ask them to sign her book.
number 2 was last mother’s day. nina was just coming out of her shyness of the characters. i had dressed them in their tutu’s for the flower and garden fest. well she was begging to meet mickey mouse. so we went to the character place and the whole time in line she’s squirming and squealing to see mickey mouse. finally it was our turn and like a little wind up toy as soon as i set her down she took off. i was so excited and mickey was kneeling down with his arms out waiting for her to run up to him. well she takes off past him and runs to pluto!!! to this day it is my favorite picture EVER!!! its the one in my siggy but let’s see if i can make it bigger…
the first pic is of rose going to tell the cm what pluto did lol!

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1026305]i have two:
1 is when we took the girls for the very first time and it was rose’s second birthday. we met pluto. he was the first character these girls ever met. well rose didn’t get the concept of autograph books. so when pluto grabbed hers she started crying and told the cast member “pluto took my book”. when he gave it back and she realized what it was for, she wanted EVERYONE to sign it lol! she would walk up to random people and ask them to sign her book.
number 2 was last mother’s day. nina was just coming out of her shyness of the characters. i had dressed them in their tutu’s for the flower and garden fest. well she was begging to meet mickey mouse. so we went to the character place and the whole time in line she’s squirming and squealing to see mickey mouse. finally it was our turn and like a little wind up toy as soon as i set her down she took off. i was so excited and mickey was kneeling down with his arms out waiting for her to run up to him. well she takes off past him and runs to pluto!!! to this day it is my favorite picture EVER!!! its the one in my siggy but let’s see if i can make it bigger…
the first pic is of rose going to tell the cm what pluto did lol![/QUOTE]

The second photo is priceless! I mean Mickey is the main man… but not on that occasion- fantastic I loved it.

I have a couple. One is from when my sister (inhousemouse) and I had our last trip with my parents and my mom was chosen to do the Monster Sound studio foley art. It was great as she was trying to get out of having to do it thinking that her vision issues would be a problem. It was great.

With my family it was…that we never lost a child…I did love all the other things like the kids seeing Mickey and staying in the MK until 3am the last night that we were their but honestly a child wandering off would be the downer of a lifetime in Disney. I have four kids. At the time of the trip they were 7, 5, 3, and just a week away from 1.

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1026305]i have two:
the first pic is of rose going to tell the cm what pluto did lol![/QUOTE]

Mickey snubbed!!! Great pic…

These are so much fun to read…mine lacks the excitement of some of these, but it was the first time I ever laid eyes on Cinderella Castle with my DW. When you add the fact that I wasn’t overly thrilled with DW’s choice of WDW as her honeymoon spot…(I had been there once before in 1980…I was a teenager, it was President’s Weekend, MK was the only park…you get the idea)…they say you never get a second chance to make a first impression…not true in the case of WDW.