Favorite DVC resort

We just got back from our second DVC trip and we want to see different resorts on future visits.
What is your favorite DVC resort and why?

I’ve only stayed at 2 of them: OKW and SSR. Of the two, OKW is my favorite due to the relaxing feel of the resort and room sizes. We did like SSR but OKW just nudges it out.

It depends on so many factors. We loved the location of BWV, but our room was run down; Love the pool at BCV, but smaller rooms; Loved OKW room size; Love SSR becuase it is quiet and new.

Hmmm… looks like we love them all so far.

WLV is next!

All time favorite is AKL - Jambo House. Just the all around “relaxing” of the resort is awesome. The food is excellent, the cm’s are outstanding, and the decor is in my opinion the best of the resorts. But, again, it really depends on what type of vacation you are looking for. We just stayed at AKL this past trip, where we were very laid back and enjoyed the scenery. Our next trip, we are considering BLT because of being closer to the action. OKW is another “relaxing” resort and nice with the bigger rooms. BCV was crisp and clean, but we really enjoyed it because of location.

Greetings all,
BLT is my home resort and my favorite. I do love AKL (grandson favorite) and SSR. But I like being able to walk to MK. :mickey:

Yo Queenie! Welcome to mouse Buzz. Have some fun.

We love BWV - because of location and it’s our home resort, so it will always have a special place in my heart. I’m glad they continue to renovate - some rooms need some TLC.

I really should be packing…but, OKW is our sentimental favourite. Apart from being the first DVC resort we stayed at you just cannot beat the size of the suites - OKW was built before Disney figured out how to squish the suites down to almost half the size. We love the laid-back relaxed atmosphere. It really is our “home”. If I had to choose a second favourite it would be BWV. Just love that resort. If you can get a standard suite, it’s a great deal. And as Epcot is my favourite park I love the proximity. All this being said - I’m happy to stay at any of the Resorts. They all have their own perks. We’re at SSR this time and I love being close to the Marketplace.

(and welcome to MB EvilQueen!)

My husband and I can’t decide between the BCV (for location) and BLT (for location) Another thing is we like to use the transportation and don’t want too many stops.
It is so hard to chose.

[QUOTE=llama;1092726]I really should be packing…but, OKW is our sentimental favourite. Apart from being the first DVC resort we stayed at you just cannot beat the size of the suites - OKW was built before Disney figured out how to squish the suites down to almost half the size. We love the laid-back relaxed atmosphere. It really is our “home”. If I had to choose a second favourite it would be BWV. Just love that resort. If you can get a standard suite, it’s a great deal. And as Epcot is my favourite park I love the proximity. All this being said - I’m happy to stay at any of the Resorts. They all have their own perks. We’re at SSR this time and I love being close to the Marketplace.

(and welcome to MB EvilQueen!)[/QUOTE]

What is a suite? I am sorry I know them as 1 br or 2br is a suite something different?

VWL. Location is close to MK, yet far enough away from all of the traffic the monorail resorts have. It is nioce to escape while on property. We feel we are away from everything while all of the fun is just around the corner.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1092693]It depends on so many factors. We loved the location of BWV, but our room was run down; Love the pool at BCV, but smaller rooms; Loved OKW room size; Love SSR becuase it is quiet and new.

Hmmm… looks like we love them all so far.

WLV is next![/QUOTE]

We loved WLV it was nice being close to MK and the pool was close as well. The rooms were similar to SSR in size and set up.

As many have said it’s all depends…
We love BLT, BCV and BWV for being able to walk to parks. Being able to go up to TOW to see fireworks is amazing in my book. If that option goes away, the resort will drop a bit in my book. The rooms at BLT are small. BCV just has that “feel” that we like. About the only thing we like about BWV is walking to a park. The fact that there is no CS right in the resort is a drawback to us.

If we were stuck in a resort, we’d pick AKV to live in. We just feel it’s so peaceful and interesting.

WL didn’t thrill me, I can look at trees in my backyard. Bit of a hike from the villas to the CS or TS. We do like the lobby at VWL with the double fireplace.

We’ve never stayed at SSR or OKW.

No difference - there’s 1 bedroom suites, and 2 bedroom suites and studio suites and deluxe family suites…same thing

I have stayed at OKW twice and once at SSR. I love the size of the rooms at OKW, but love the layout of SSR better. I also think the food options are better at OKW. That being said, I would stay at either place without hesitation.

Our home is BLT so naturally that is our favorite. Location was very important when we made our decision and it has many benefits. Right in the middle of everything, excellent options for transportation, dining options are many. We still plan on checking out the other vacation clubs at Disney, but BLT is our favorite.

Our home is Kidani Village and we love it so much more than we expected to. We stayed there with 15 family members in April and everyone in the family is STILL talking about how much they loved the resort. My one complaint about Kidani is the lack of quick service in the building. But having an extra bathroom in the one and two bedroom villas was fantastic.

Having said that, if I were to buy more points, I would buy at the Boardwalk. The Epcot resort area is one of my favorite places in WDW.

My fav is OKW it’s so relaxing and I love taking the boat to DTD. Our home resorts are SSR and BLT but we have stayed at OKW more.

I’ve stayed at all of the DVC resorts at WDW except Beach Club and I’ve stayed at Yacht Club so I’ve SORT OF hit them all.

It’s REALLY hard to pick ONE resort. Each has things that people like and things they hate, much of which has been said already.

For me, the beauty of DVC compared to other timeshares is the flexability and not being locked into the same resort and the same week every year. BLT is my fav - until they build a Poly DVC. :laugh:

The BCV are like home to us. We have little incentive to stay elsewhere.

That said, we’d be happy with any other resort in a pinch. They all have their own unique qualities.