Favorite place to people watch

I have always love people watching and was wondering where your favorite place was in the parks to partake in the activity. Mine is at the beginning of Main St. where you get to see the looks on people’s faces as they come in and see the Castle at the end of the street. I have seen huge smiles, gasps, laughter, screams of excitement and the best is seeing the tears running down adult’s faces as they watch the looks on their children’s faces seeing what they have dreamed about. I admit I shed a few tears the first time each of my 4 dk’s experienced that view the first time.

Oh I bet that is a wonderful place to people watch. One of mine is down by Splash Mountain, it’s so busy down there and you meet a whole plethora of folks who have either been riding, or waiting (like me) for relatives from the rides. I can’t begin to tell you the amount of interesting people whom I have met whilst coat/bag holding!!

I am a chicken, so I always wait at the exits while Baloo does the big rides. I just LOVE watching people - from little kids just tall enough to grown up adults! - come off those rides with huge smiles on their faces and rehash the whole ride to their friends… “That was AWESOME!!! When THIS happened, and then THAT part!!!” And then they all crack up over their ride photos. :laugh:

The best is little kids who have obviously just done the ride for the first time, coming out of the exit holding their parent’s hand, and the parent leans down and goes, “Did you like it?” And the kid’s whole face lights up and they jump up and down and shout, “Yes!! Can we do it again??!!”

Disney magic. :happy:

I’am probably the only one that will say this but my favorite place to people watch is anywhere in the World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival on Friday or Saturday evening after a couple of beers. Be happy, no worries!

We love to people watch by the castle, right outside either the ice cream shop where the little tables.

One of our places is to sit on the rockers by that Horseshoe building. You can also see Splash mt. from there.

Toward the end of the street near RnRC and ToT in Disney Studios and anywhere at the beginning or end of Main Street in MK. I could sit anywhere in WDW and people watch. :happy:

I like to watch people while waiting for a parade…to hysterical.

My favorite place to people watch in WDW is in AK sitting either on a bench, or on the little curb around the planter, across from the Yak and Yeti QS. DD11 usually will stand in line with DH to help get our food, and DS and DD6 and I wait in that particular spot. I love seeing all of the people rushing by with their kids in their strollers, some of them crying and whining, some of them completely zonked in their strollers from exhaustion and heat.:laugh: Everyone is trying to get to their next attraction and no one realizes that anyone is watching them. There are usually a few people sitting there taking a break too, because it is a shady spot. I always get such a good sense of how many different types of people love Disney!:happy:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1026526]

The best is little kids who have obviously just done the ride for the first time, coming out of the exit holding their parent’s hand, and the parent leans down and goes, “Did you like it?” And the kid’s whole face lights up and they jump up and down and shout, “Yes!! Can we do it again??!!”

Disney magic. :happy:[/QUOTE]
I am a total dork, but this just brought tears to my eyes. It made me relive my babies’ first times on the big rides. My youngest still has to grow a little for the 44 inchers and the 48 inchers, so we still have a few of these moments left, but they are growing up fast, and I want to hold onto those memories. Maybe I’ll pay closer attention next time to other little kids coming off the big rides and live vicariously through those families.:happy:

I agree with the first post…Entrance of MK, i like to sit just outside Tony’s, on the terrace before you enter the restaurant… great place to people watch…

The best spot I’ve discovered for me to people watch is the porch by the exit of Hall of Presidents at MK. I just grab myself a rocker, sit down, relax and watch everyone from all walks of life pass before me to my amusement.

I cant really think of a place at WDW that is my favorite. The first place that came to mind was NYC. I always stay at the Crown in Times Square and I love getting up early grab a cup of coffee from Starbucks and hang out in front of the hotel. There are some freaky people walking around there.

I always get tears in my eyes when I see this too, and I have no kids! :laugh:

I was just reminded above of the area around ToT is also a great place to people watch too. And I shall take a moment next trip to watch around the entrance to MK I bet that is really magical to see people entering for the first time especially the children.

On the bench in UK right outside R&C. Now THERE’S some funny characters strolling out of there.:happy:

Yes, that is a nice place. We’ve sat there a few times.

When there is EH at the Kingdom, We usually go up top at the train station and pull a table over to the edge and watch all the folks. Of course this is after all the FW and parades. Its wild sometimes watching the hords of people just disappear.

Our favorite two spots for watching people is in front of the Pub in England and the rocking chairs when they were in front of the Liberty tree Tavern.

This may upset someone, I just hope they are not a MBer. This is what we found funny as we were people watching. And I thought Elvis was dead