Favorite restaurants that are but a memory

Was wondering about some of your favorite dining establishments that are no longer there??

The wife and I have 3 that come to mind quickly…

Bonfamille’s at POFQ
Juan & Only’s at WDW Dolphin
Steerman’s Quarters at Empress Lilly

Bonfamille’s was our first dinner in WDW as husband and wife, and will remain a fantastic memory!

Juan and Only’s was outstanding for Mexican…wife was struggling with a head cold until she ordered the stuffed poblano pepper one night, worked better than any decongestant on the market.

Steerman’s was awesome for steaks and service!

Spoodles Spoodles (had to say it twice because I needed more than 10 characters to post!)

Boatwrights had the best breakfast french toast. Also i remember empress lilly as a kid

Tony’s for breakfast the cinnamon rolls were to die for and the sausage links were the best anywhere.

We enjoyed Ariel’s @ the Beach Club. It’s still there “physically,” but not as a restaurant.
In the '70’s, The Outer Rim @ the Contemporary was an entirely different place. Riptide was a fun bar @ The Beach Club. White Horse Saloon @ the Grand Cypress is now a Bar & Grille. They had great prime rib.
I loved the Empress Lilly. I believe they had a steak place and a seafood restaurant. I liked and miss both. Anyone remember Sir Edward’s Haberdasherie at the Marketplace<g>?? I remember when Germany wasn’t a buffet. I remember the early Alfredo’s in Italy. LePetit Cafe in France. Outdoor eating!!
I do remember going to a place I believe was somewhere in Spaceship Earth to make dining reservations for Epcot.
My wife and I get to exercise together on Sunday morning. We usually put on old family DVD’s. Ran one from Easter 1994 @ Disney when our kids were real early teens. What fun!!!
Frank

Another that I REALLY miss but forgot about earlier is Pure & Simple. It was a counter service restaurant in the Met Life-Wonders of Life pavilion @ Epcot. Used to go for breakfast. Great waffles, etc.
The counter is still there. You can get wine and champagne during Food & Wine.
Frank

We loved Bonfamille’s. It was such a nice little restaurant and the food was excellent.

I’m don’t think I’d ever miss Boatwright’s. Not because of the food - but because our daughter had a total “meltdown” there. Too much park, too little rest. It was so embarrassing!:laugh:

Only a counter service, but we loved the Diamond Horseshoe Salon (I think that’s what it was called :blush:). I remember getting burgers and going to the 2nd floor to relax and watch the show. I think it was can-can dancers. I don’t know why, but we really enjoyed this!

Does anyone else remember the original location of Chef Mickey’s?? It was at the Marketplace, wife and I loved it there!! I used to get the rack of ribs there that were outstanding!!

Another favorite was the Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island.

OK must stop with this, I’m getting all nostalgic, and a tad hungry I must say!

Tutto Italia… I know it is still there. But I miss the old owners. (The food was 100% better then)

[QUOTE=jerseymouse;1012838]Does anyone else remember the original location of Chef Mickey’s?? It was at the Marketplace, wife and I loved it there!! I used to get the rack of ribs there that were outstanding!!

Another favorite was the Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island.

OK must stop with this, I’m getting all nostalgic, and a tad hungry I must say![/QUOTE]

Yes we used to go to both of those, and Goofys Grill, and Donald’s Dairy Dipper??? and there was a Minnie’s Pizzeria, but I can’t quite remember the name of it?

Yep, it was called Minnie Mia’s…pizzas were along the lines of what you can now find at Pizza Planet @ Hollywood Studios.

I was born in '78 so my first trip to WDW wasn’t until '83, one of the biggest things I miss restarant-wise is when Chef Mickey’s was in the Marketplace. Does anyone else remember this? I want to say it was over by where Wolfgang Puck Express is now but I am not positive on the location.

Another random place I miss is the “Pizza & Pasta” counter service restaurant that was in EPCOT. It was where the “Fountain View” cafe now is & also took up some of the space that’s used by the “Character Connection” now.

YES! TOTALLY! I loved that too! They even pulled me into the show one time, I was about 13 years old & was SOOOOO embarrassed. :laugh:

none come to mind…but you have to have a mind for it to get there

We used to love to go to the Marketplace. Lots of neat places in the “old” days.
Frank

I remember going to both The Fisherman’s Deck and the Steerman’s Quarters both on the Empress Lilly when I was on my honeymoon. I remember both were very good and romantic for honeymooners. I loved the lounges on the boat too. I still miss them…

We loved the Baton Rouge Lounge on the Empress Lilly, and remember dining at Fisherman’s Deck on our honeymoon year, as well!!

Chef Mickey’s at the Marketplace was a must for us every trip. I was really young, but I remember I used to get this pasta dish that was really good. Chef Mickey’s now is still good, but it is a completely different experience. I like the old place because it was just a nice, laid back meal.

I went to a seafood themed resturant that seemed like you were under the sea. Don’t remember what park I was in and it was 1990. Can anyone tell me what it is/was?