Favourite Buffets/All You Can Eat at WDW?

I’m not a huge eater, but if I can get to a buffet and hopefully get my food fill on for a mojority of the day, then I’m super glad! In my past visits I’ve been to Whispering Canyon (bottomless milkshakes, yum!) and Boma at AKL. This trip we’re going to give Cape May a try. What are your favourites and why?

We ate at Cape May for breakfast on our last trip, and it was great!

My new favorite buffet is Chef Mickey’s. We learned that Chef Mickey’s and Boma are the only buffets that prepare food fresh throughout the day - all other buffets prepare food in large batches. I was surprised that they’re run differently (might have something to do with the kitchen or type of food served?), but I wasn’t surprised at the two restaurants that are “fresh.” Chef Mickey’s and Boma definitely have the best quality buffet food I’ve eaten at WDW.

Chef Mickeys is a favourite of ours, and we used to enjoy 1900 Park Fayre too but last time we were a little disappointed- hopefully a one off.
DD and DH love Cape May, but I’m not over keen.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1082803]We ate at Cape May for breakfast on our last trip, and it was great!

My new favorite buffet is Chef Mickey’s. We learned that Chef Mickey’s and Boma are the only buffets that prepare food fresh throughout the day - all other buffets prepare food in large batches. I was surprised that they’re run differently (might have something to do with the kitchen or type of food served?), but I wasn’t surprised at the two restaurants that are “fresh.” Chef Mickey’s and Boma definitely have the best quality buffet food I’ve eaten at WDW.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting fact about the food prep. Good thing to know. Thank you!

We love Chef Mickey’s also, the food is yummy and the characters are great! We also really like O’hana for an all you can eat, family style. We are eating at Boma for the first time next Monday and I cannot wait. We have done Cape May, Hollywood and Vine, and Crystal Palace all for dinner, and while they were good, they just were not as good as Chef Mickey’s and Ohana.

-Jen

Crystal Palace is our favorite great food and awesome service each time. 1900 Park Fare is a close second but the service there is not nearly as good as CP. Whispering Canyon is great if your after all you can eat. Make sure to ask for ketchup.

My favorite is Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends at the Magic Kingdom. My daughter and I have been going there every year since we started going to WDW. We missed it one trip, but it was closed. The food is VERY good, the service AWESOME! and the characters are favorties. It’s a tradition we are never going to break. Matter-of-fact, it’s the ONLY meal we have planned for our upcoming trip.

we do ohana not a buffet but all you can eat for Breakfast and lunch… crystal place for breakfast we have also tried it for dinner. this time we are doing cape may. and crystal place, ohanas again for breakfast and dinner

Only been to cape may once and had the worst experience ever getting there. However, once we we’re shown our table and started to eat it was fantastic.

love Boma for dinner something different.
not keen on park fair:eek: for dinner
love crystal palace for dinner and breakfast just wish they had a little corner without pooh and gang. (love pooh but sometimes when just two adults don’t need to take time away from the children who want to have time with them)

I’m not a huge buffet fan, but we do really enjoy the Biergarten in Germany at Epcot. It’s the one buffet that never disappoints us.

Great to hear everyone’s opinions. Like hearing about what ppl didn’t like as well, and hope they were all a one off experience. I’m always up to try something twice to really determine if I like/don’t like it.

Wrote this posting so quickly that totally forgot I have been to Crystal Place and Biergarten … shame on me for forgetting! Remember really enjoying Biergarten, but for the life of me, all I remember of Crystal Place were the characters (I was probably only 10-12 yrs old then)!!

We’ve really enjoyed all of our buffet experiences, but in order of preference:

1. Boma breakfast. Loved the food and the service!

2. Crystal Palace breakfast. Food was good, characters were fun, had a table overlooking the castle so the atmosphere was awesome.

3. Cape May Cafe breakfast. Just an overall fun experience.

4. Biergarten (lunch, not dinner). Had a great lunch experience and the food was better than our dinner experience.

5. Tusker House lunch. Food was very enjoyable but the service was terrible.

6. Trails End breakfast. Eh, it was okay. The price was reasonable, though.

Hmm, now I’m hungry. :blink:

We love Crystal Palace for sentimental reasons, as well as the food choices. We also enjoy Chef Mickey’s ( for breakfast, we usually do this as more of brunch) and Boma is also very good, although we have yet to try it for breakfast. Still trying to figure out how to do that without it becoming an all day commute.

Cape May Cafe & Crystal Palace for breakfast, my family and I both loved their buffets for breakfast. Chef Mickey’s is good, I’ve done it once though a few years ago. I’ve tried Hollywood & Vine for breakfast & 1900 Park Fare for both,breakfast & dinner. They were alright. I’m trying Tusker House for breakfast in august on my next trip.

My families favorites are:

1. Boma
  2. Crystal Palace

Wanted to go to 'Ohana sooooo bad this upcoming trip. But it was a last minute trip that we just booked a couple weeks ago … so reservation times open :crying:, but I keep checking everyday with my fingers crossed.

My favorites are O’Hana and Crystal Palace. Hoop De Doo is also one of our favorites but it is 2 credits due to the show. A hidden gem is Trails End it has alot of the same food as HDD as they share the same kitchen.

Thanks for the tip on Trails End … will definitely want to try that on a future trip!

Our family loves Crystal Palace, O’Hana, and Whispering Canyon. On our last trip in May we made it a point to eat at restaurants we had never eaten at before. Needless to say we missed our old favorites!

We tried Cape May, and we will not be back. The food was continually running out. We waited about 30 minutes for more fried shrimp to be replenished. Thought the food was just blah!

One buffet that I didn’t see mentioned that I was actually very impressed with is the Garden Grove at the Swan. I don’t know if you have the Dining Plan, because I don’t believe it is accepted at GG. We went on Mediterranean night which is on Saturday, Tues, and Thursday, so I can’t speak for the other nights (Barbecue and Seafood) but it was out of this world. The salad was brought fresh to the table, and everything on the buffet was immaculate. We had an early ADR and the place was very laid back. There are 2 characters each night, I believe the characters are only at dinners and breakfast on the weekends. We had Goofy and Pluto. Both of which made rounds a couple of times revisiting each table, and spending ample amount of time with us. DH is quite the food snob, and he still talks about what a great buffet it was. The dessert is sub par, it looks beautiful but was pretty tasteless. There is a Chef who will make you pasta how ever you want with very nice ingredients. I also agree with the others about Boma. Garden Grove would be a good one to catch if you are going to or coming from Epcot/Boardwalk area.