Faxing in Room Request When Renting DVC

I am having a hard time trying to get my confirmation letter from the DVC rentor but I do have an e-mail from him with the confirmation numbers and they check out on-line.

Since we are leaving on Wed. morning, arriving in WDW on Thurs, I thought I would fax over my room request to the resort. We are staying at SSR and are renting points for a 2 bedroom suite. We requested a room in The Grandstand and a suite with 1 King w/ 2 Queens. We do not want the suite with the 1 King, 1 Queen and a sleeper sofa in the second room.

So do think it is ok to send a fax with our requests indicated or would they just ignore it?

If your doing the on-line check in there should be a section for request, ask them for a dedicated 2 bedroom unit. I would also fax over the request for a dedicated 2 bedroom. They will try to hold a room like that for you, but they will tell you they can’t guarentee. Good luck with getting what you want.

Next time you might want to look into renting a tree house, they are the same points as the 2 bedroom, but have 3 bedrooms. One room has a king bed, one has a queen/full and the third has bunk beds, the bedrooms aren’t huge, but it gives you a little more privacy. The treehouses also have a pull out couch and I think a pull out chair in the living room.

BTW hope you have a great trip. Can’t wait to see your pictures and read your trip report.

Thanks for the info! I will fax over the request and do online check in tonight.

We looked into the treehouses but they seemed so far away from everything. Would have been cool though.

[QUOTE=hiner;1082698]I am having a hard time trying to get my confirmation letter from the DVC rentor but I do have an e-mail from him with the confirmation numbers and they check out on-line.

Since we are leaving on Wed. morning, arriving in WDW on Thurs, I thought I would fax over my room request to the resort. We are staying at SSR and are renting points for a 2 bedroom suite. We requested a room in The Grandstand and a suite with 1 King w/ 2 Queens. We do not want the suite with the 1 King, 1 Queen and a sleeper sofa in the second room.

So do think it is ok to send a fax with our requests indicated or would they just ignore it?[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry to go off-topic, but I was wondering how you checked out your confirmation online. We’re renting for the 1st time and we have a confirmation # from the person we are renting from but I would love to look it up online just in case :blush:. thanks and have a great trip!!

I’d send a fax too just as an extra confirmation of what you’d really like. Sure they might ignore it, but then they might not, so you have nothing to lose. Have a wonderful time, lots of photos and notes for a TR please for me to live through!-enjoy x

Your confirmation will say if it’s a dedicated 2 br or lock off. The lock off is the combination of a studio & 1 br units that has the queen/sofa bed in studio part.

When you do your online check in you can make LIMITED requests. A request for a dedicated 2 br is easier to fill than the grandstand. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

The treehouses are a little out of the way, and we only stayed in them once, but it was nice having the extra bedroom since my Dh and I each have a grown child. It was much more reasonable then renting a 3 bedroom.

I was given Walt Disney World&reg - Processing Online Check-In Service. You can look up your information and then you can also check in online. I just completed it. Was a little hairy since there are two reservations, but finally got it to work:glare:

I have been trying ALL day and was busy, busy, busy. I will keep trying tomorrow. We really wanted The Grandstand or The Springs. I guess we will see when we get there.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1082789]Your confirmation will say if it’s a dedicated 2 br or lock off. The lock off is the combination of a studio & 1 br units that has the queen/sofa bed in studio part.

When you do your online check in you can make LIMITED requests. A request for a dedicated 2 br is easier to fill than the grandstand. Doesn’t hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

My ressie states 2 br. I feel much better! Now just hoping for the location requests. That is if I can get the fax to finally go through!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1082789]Your confirmation will say if it’s a dedicated 2 br or lock off. The lock off is the combination of a studio & 1 br units that has the queen/sofa bed in studio part.

When you do your online check in you can make LIMITED requests. A request for a dedicated 2 br is easier to fill than the grandstand. Doesn’t hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

What he said. That being said - we generally always have a 2 bedroom and we’ve never had a lock-off once - so I would say chances are about 98% that you’ll have a dedicated 2 BR.

If you can’t get the Grandstand, try for The Springs. Congress Park is also a good area - very close to the Marketplace. Good luck.