Feb or April?

Hi!

I know it is early, but I need advice about next year. Here in Ma, we have a vacation in Feb and April. Next year, the weeks are Feb 22 and April 18. This year we went during the April vac, and it was great. However, next year that is the week before Easter (Easter April 24).

The weather will definitely be better in April, but Feb may be less crowded due to the holiday. I could arrange it to come home the Wed or Thu before Easter.

What do you think would be better? We have gone in Feb before as well(usually Tue-Tue avoiding President’s Day).

Thanks for your help!
Liz

I’d go in late February.
When you start getting close to Easter, crowds are nuts.

I’d go with February for the simple fact that it’ll be less crowded.

February hands down…stay away from Easter unless you have no other choice.

February February

February will definitely be less crowded. Usually, the weather in Orlando in winter is in the upper 60s and lower 70s. Unfortunately, this year for us, it was in the 30s and 40s. You just have to keep checking the weather and pack for anything - the weather forecast was the upper 60s the day before we left… and then when we got there, the weather had changed, and we weren’t prepared for the cold. Disney was making a lot of money off of sweatshirts! :laugh:

Well hello fellow MA resident!
I’m the only one saying April it guess :ohmy:.
As for the crowds, we must hit it just right, it’s never been too, too bad. We don’t go during April vacation, we go either the week before or after.
The weather is warmer too, in April. If I’m leaving MA to go on vacation I want high 70’s!!!
We went in early March last year and it was CCOOOOLLLDDD, at night.

:happy:Good luck on what ever you decide~have fun!!!

same here,i prefer apr …since we go often…nothing is we have to do…we have in most cases done it all…we do keep busy though…but the parks are open longer giving you more flexibility…and if you stay on property you have extra magical hours and also except for christmas…weather is of great importance,so i choose apr,like you said easter is late next year and when it is late it stretches the busy time out…also check the DVC point schedule,that is also a clue to when disney believes what is peak time also…I just checked it is apr 17-30

we went last april the week before easter. the weather was freezing it rained I think every day except one and the crowds were nutz. never ever ever again.

I went in in the winter this year and it was freezing. I will not go again in the winter. I say April if you want to miss the cold months. If cold does not bother you then Feb. would be less crowded.

I am gonna have to go with February. More than likely the weather will be mild, middle 60’s

I was in the same pickle with a trip I am planning with 16 extended family members. I pushed for February after seeing the Spring Break (non-Easter) crowds for myself this March but was overruled. So now I am stuck planning a trip for April that I fear will be disatrous. LOL

Good question…been both months. If you could travel mid-week and avoid the week-end crazy-busy travel, April would be great for several reasons. The Flower and Garden festival at Epcot is just WONDERFUL!!! Other than Christmas, it is my favorite time to visit!!! Yes, there will be crowds. BUt, do your research and you will learn many tips to make the most of your trip. Spring in Florida is just beautiful.

I have been in February and really liked that visit, too. But, parks are not open as late and I love those late-night adventures.

[QUOTE=AnnaBanana;1034740]Good question…been both months. If you could travel mid-week and avoid the week-end crazy-busy travel, April would be great for several reasons. The Flower and Garden festival at Epcot is just WONDERFUL!!! Other than Christmas, it is my favorite time to visit!!! Yes, there will be crowds. BUt, do your research and you will learn many tips to make the most of your trip. Spring in Florida is just beautiful.

I have been in February and really liked that visit, too. But, parks are not open as late and I love those late-night adventures.[/QUOTE]I also like the versatility of the late night hours…in april…and also the daylight savings time is in effect also

February!!!