F&G starts in just one month!

It’s the floweriest time of the year, and I am already itching to be there!!! It is my favorite event of the year, and sometimes I get a little teary eyed about the flowers, especially the jasmine and gardenias! :happy:

Anyone who hasn’t visited it yet should be sure to check out the potted plants in Italy. Get super close, close enough to smell them. Just stand there for a minute… LOL :wink:

I love the flower and garden festival. I wish it ran a little longer so we could catch it again. I can’t believe it starts in a month, time goes by so quickly.

I read somewhere that they were planning on bringing in some food kiosks to the Flower and Garden show. Siimilar to Food and Wine. Think that would be okay, as long as they don’t bring in the wine portion. It gets too rowdy for F&W. I love the peacefulness and serenity of the Flower and Garden. Want to keep it that way.

I had the same thought when I read about the kiosks. We hope to hit F&G in April.

You can read about the kiosks in the link I posted – It doesn’t sound like it’s going t be the kind of boozey kiosks as at F&W. I especially liked the look of this: “Pineapple Promenade: Take a delicious break in your day, indulging in spiced rum Dole Whip, pineapple upside down cake, fruit cups and more.”

We have always said that the only thing that could make a Dole Whip better is a little rum! LOL

(I promise not to get rowdy!:happy:)

P.S. No thank you to ratatouille tart. Blech.

Oooh - I think that sounds delicious. I love ratatouille…and pastry makes everything better. I’ve only been to the F&G once, I’d love to go again. Flowers make me so happy.

I have only been once before to F&G festival. I can’t wait until our trip where we can soak it in, last time it was so rushed. Pretty much I will enjoy taking my time to stop and smell the flowers,lol.

really just responding to see my countdown clock :slight_smile:

:laugh::laugh:

…don’t blame you one bit!!!

And who’s on the concert schedule…
AGAIN???

Bloody Mickey Thomas’ Starship.

MAKE IT STOP!!!

Beth, well everyone else too, do you think it would help if they played chamber music everywhere for ambient effect?
In general, not as an alternative to “booze” at kiosks.

Hahahahaha that’s priceless! :laugh:

I love F&G! I especially love the fairy garden with Tinker Bell and her little buddies… but it sounds like they’re taking over the butterfly house this year? Does that mean no more fairy garden? :crying:

We’re trying to plan a family trip for F&G around my birthday in April, but so far no weekend vacancies at the campground. Fingers crossed that something opens up…

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1129566]I love F&G! I especially love the fairy garden with Tinker Bell and her little buddies… but it sounds like they’re taking over the butterfly house this year? Does that mean no more fairy garden? :crying:

QUOTE]

Unfortuantely, the pixie garden is being replaced by an OZ play area. My daughter is so dissappointed.

We love the butterfly house. We have found that if you go in March, it is a bit too early for the whole butterfly experience. The population is still a little light. I think by April you will get a lot more butterfly action!

Oh, what a bummer! I’m disappointed too. :frowning: Tinker Bell’s garden was great for kids, but there was always plenty for me to enjoy as a “grown up” too.

Interesting! I’ll be aiming for April, then! :slight_smile:

I am excited. I am going to catch the final weekend and have never done it before.

Dana, the final weekend is the very best! Everything is in bloom, it smells great and you’ll get the very best pictures! So glad you get to enjoy it. :happy:

Hoping for April too. Lets see what the paychecks say the next 2 months.