Final Week for CTF, DCR

I don’t know if this has been brought up yet. There are many who won’t mind, but it’s quite a blow taking all this entertainment venues out of Hollywood Studios.

This Saturday, April 6th, will be the final performances of the Countdown to Fun parade as well as the Disney Channel Rocks show. They are removing parade elements to expand and build for more attractions (The rumor mill is already flying. My bet is on new Star Wars attractions). There is currently no replacement for either.

I just don’t want this to become another case like Epcot. In my eyes, it’s no coincidence that its the least visited park and also the one with the least Entertainment offerings.

Thoughts? Opinions? Your own personal rumors? GO!

I don’t know how I feel about the parade, but I am honestly a bit relieved about Disney Channel Rocks. I didn’t mind the show so much, but it kind of spoiled the old Hollywood feel when you first walk in. I was annoyed last trip because we had just entered the park when all of a sudden the show started and it was so loud we couldn’t even communicate. I think a show like that should be in a fixed place toward the back of the park if they are going to have it.

As far as what they might be replacing it with, I would love it if they developed a Star Wars land. My son would love that!

I don’t know if or how much of Countdown To Fun I’ve seen. If Sunday were the last day, I’d make the effort to see it.
A new Star Wars attraction makes a lot of sense between Disney’s purchase of Lucasfilm and three new movies. But Pixar Place has only one attraction, so that’s something that’s also lacking. And let’s not ignore the ownership of Marvel. IOA has Hulk, an X-Men themed tea cups, Dr Doom (Fantastic 4), and of course one of the best rides in the world with Spiderman. But that leaves Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and a host of others all just waiting for their place in the Florida sun. AND DHS NEEDS A SECOND COASTER!!!

Somehow, I don’t think I have ever experienced either of these. This parade you are talking about isn’t the afternoon parade is it?

Somehow we have missed this so I certainly won’t miss it…wonder where we were when this takes place???:blink:

But…, but…, but…, We LIKE Epcot. It’s our favorite Park.:wub:
(What I miss there is the Timekeepers in the Millennium Parade.)

Hollywood Studios. I understand it’s no longer a “working studio” but when I enter I want the feel of Old World Hollywood. That feeling seems to be diminishing more and more each trip. Star Wars is good, it’s a classic now, but nothing like the days in Hollywood that got us where we are. I get that feel from Lucy at Universal. Wish we had more like that. Gene Kelley, Jimmy Stewart, James Dean, Frank Sinatra, Dean & Jerry, Shirley Temple, Liz, the Rascals to name a few. I’m not that old, just nostalgic.

We weren’t fans of the Disney channel show and the parade was just okay but it’s sad to lose something and not have it replaced by something new.

I’m not sad about the Disney channel rocks going, however, one of my daughter’s fondest memories of WDW is that parade. We make sure we catch it every time we go. It is the only time you see all of the Pixar characters both new and old. I am so sad the Countdown to Fun will be discontinued, literally 2 days before we would be at HS.:crying:

Rowdy can you get them to postpone the parade cancellation for one more week, lol. Can’t blame a girl for trying.:happy:

DHS has always been a half day park, at most, for us. We usually get in, do a few rides and get out. They need something…

Same for us. Some trips we don’t even go to DHS. It’s our least favorite park.

If we want to see everything, we will stay most of the day at DHS—it’s AK that is our half day park—we can and do skip it at times. There really isn’t anything we enjoy there except the Safari—it’s always a bit different depending on which animals are out and about.

We ride Toy Story a couple times, so the FP keeps us there a while…

Same for us, we usually don’t make it to lunch. We never miss it but we can’t fill a full day there.

I never even thought about how fun it would be to add more Pixar attractions into Hollywood Studios. I also like the idea of adding more classic attractions. I’ve heard about Lucy at Universal, and think something dedicated to the classic stars of Hollywood would add some magic to that park.

I won’t miss the parade and show, but I will still visit it multiple times a trip - it’s my favorite park. They need some more Star Wars, so I hope that is what’s coming.

They need a lot more of everything. Sounds Dangerous/American Idol has always been a black hole region for us, we don’t even bother crossing the event horizon because neither showtraction has interested us. And that is a major portion of the park. How many times can you do the Indy show? AND MORE RIDES!!! AKL is also a half day park, or less, unless you’re going to stop and do the zoo.

And speaking of Marvel stuff you’ll probably never see in a Disney park: Men In Black, especially the way that MIB at Universal totally blows away the “similar” Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. I know, now that Paramount sold their parks to Cedar Fair and Star Trek has been removed from all of those parks, how about negotiating with Paramount to license Star Trek for DHS? Star Trek, Star Wars, some Marvel, Indy, and Roger Rabbit (so long as Spielberg’s objection to Eisner no longer matters)? Think how strong this park could be with a little work.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1132332]If we want to see everything, we will stay most of the day at DHS—it’s AK that is our half day park—we can and do skip it at times. There really isn’t anything we enjoy there except the Safari—it’s always a bit different depending on which animals are out and about.

We ride Toy Story a couple times, so the FP keeps us there a while…[/QUOTE]

The more and more we pop into AK, the more I am starting to love it. My husband is still not sold on it as it really is a zoo, but for the most part it is a very relaxed day.

Agree with you. It’s a matter of looking at it differently when you get to the park. If you take your time and really explore, it’s a very nice day.

Totally agree. There are so many non action attractions scattered throughout that AK is a full day park for us relax in.

Wouldn’t it be fantastic if the reason Disney Channel Rocks is ending is because the stage can’t be there anymore as the construction crews need that area to take down the stupid hat?

Hopeful thinking, I know.

[QUOTE=Turnwrench;1132372]Wouldn’t it be fantastic if the reason Disney Channel Rocks is ending is because the stage can’t be there anymore as the constructions crews need that area to take down the stupid hat?

Hopeful thinking, I know.[/QUOTE]

…my daughter and I were talking about “the hat” not too long ago…I can barely remember it without the hat—but have older pictures looking up the “avenue”…my daughter remembers it clearly however…

The problem with the hat is that someone, at some point, either realized or decided that Disney-MGM needed an icon like the other parks and this was the best they could do well after the park had opened. I’m not sure how I feel about it, same as the Mickey/Epcot next to Spaceship Earth. I do know that is isn’t properly used. And can someone please fix Mud, Sweat, and Shears’ mix already? I hate that squashed bar band sound!! Over compressed, lacking dynamics, and sonically full of holes!