Finally going back

So the DW and I finally booked another trip back to Disney World. We are staying 12 nights in May at Kidani Village. The only reason I say finally is that the last time we were in Florida was July of 2009, and skipped our trip in 2010. Although we were not away from Disney we did stay a week at Disneyland this year, but I can wait to go back to Disney World.

Also I wondering what I should do if anyone has any advice. We were wanting to get for like 2 day over to Universal Studios and check out the harry potter world. However we are staying on Disney property and were not thinking of paying for a car for the long period of time. Any ideas on how to do this? I was just thinking of taking a taxi but I’m not sure how much that would cost.

Let me know if you have any ideas

Renting a car on site @ WDW provides the most flexability for you. But there are many limo and taxi services available. We drive down since we are so close so I am not a good reference for limo companies. I’m sure other MB’ers can chime in with a good reference or two. If it was me I would rent a car for the days. I am one for max flexability. Remember if you drive you might also have parking charges at US on top of the rental.

[QUOTE=CDavis9088;1052316]So the DW and I finally booked another trip back to Disney World. We are staying 12 nights in May at Kidani Village. The only reason I say finally is that the last time we were in Florida was July of 2009, and skipped our trip in 2010. Although we were not away from Disney we did stay a week at Disneyland this year, but I can wait to go back to Disney World.

[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know: I am totally jealous :tongue:
But do give my best to that “toriadavis”, hehe

I agree here with him. I would say to rent a vehicle even if its just for a day or two. At least that gives you the flexibility to go wherever whenever and with all of the different exhibits and restaurants and shows, its nice to have flexibility.

But I don’t want to rent a car for 12 days and only use it for 2 so can you get a rental car at the resorts?

I usually pick my car up at the Dolphin. Very convienent…

There are rental counters in the Swan & Dolphin area, at Shades of Green and the Hilton in DTD.

As others have said - there are quite a few rental outlets on Disney property. I’m sure renting a car for a day or two would be the easiest and most convenient. Trust me, Harry Potter is worth it!

what does butter beer taste like?

…trader!

Does anyone know what car rental company is at the swan and dolphin hotel?

We did a Mears shuttle van to/from Universal before because of the group we had. I think we paid about $40 each way for a van full of people.

Best bet is to call the front desk or search the major companies to see which are on site. I think it was Avis at the Hilton in DTD. But that was about 5 yrs ago.

best of luck,but if you are reluctant to rent a car ,I would seriously consider a limo…I don’t know the amount of people you have with you,but anything 5 and under gives good value,also a taxi but getting one at the resort isn’t easy as you might think…but it is possible

Alamo is located at the Dolphin. I usually go online and book the car, and then take Magical Express from the airport to my hotel. Then I’ll get to DTD and take a bus or taxi over to the Dolphin.

I think you might still be bale to rent at the Car Care Center also. We have rented at Shades of Green for one day… It was cheap and easy. Can’t remember if it was National or Hertz? Well, you’ll find which company.

Thank you everyone for all the great idea