Finally made reservations for October, but

Would you believe even without free dining, I couldn’t get Donald’s Safari Breakfast, Chef Mickey’s, or le Cellier for any day or time at all, let alone something that works with my other plans. OK, I could get Donald’s the day I wanted, but only if I was willing to eat at 8 instead of 10-10:30. This is becoming ridiculous already! I’m looking at my reservations from October 2004, which were made in mid-September, and I had no trouble getting Chef Mickey’s or le Cellier then. Not today:mad:
It should not be necessary to book your dining 180 days out, even before you’ve seen actual park schedules and before you’ve laid out your own plans.
On the other hand, I got everything else that I could possibly ask for at exactly the times I wanted, or within 5-10 minutes in the worst case. The only other reservation I couldn’t get was a 9:30 dinner reservation for Cape May Cafe, but that’s because they won’t make reservations later than 9:00, and we all know I’m no going to miss Illuminations for anything but the best of reasons or a dire emergency.

To show how silly this is, here are the rest of my plans starting Sat. Oct. 18.
Sat.
10:00 PM- Fulton’s (although this doesn’t really work if we want to stay in Epcot until midnight, which Cape May would have allowed)
Sun.
10:10 1900 Park Fare
2:00 Yak and Yeti
7:00 Tokyo Dining
Mon.
10:30 Cape May Cafe
5:00 Tutto Italia
10:30 Raglan Road
Tues.
11:00 Chef Mickey’s (unavailable considering Fulton’s or HoB at Noon)
5:30 Narcoossee’s (before MNSSHP)
Possible late burger at Cosmic Ray’s
Wed.
10:25 Crystal Palace
9:20 Flying Fish
Thurs.
10:30 Kona Cafe
Lunch TBD
I have no doubts I could get Yachtsman’s Steakhouse or California Grill any night I want them. I’m also thinking about Spoodles or Yachtsman’s for Saturday night so we can get back to Epcot by 10:45.

You got some good meals there Doug…sorry about Donald’s and Cape May. You can keep trying back…people do cancel.

Dana, Cape May isn’t going to happen. Their cut off time is 9:00 PM. I have no idea if I could walk up at 9:20, which is the only way that one would work.
As for Donald’s, that one wasn’t that important to me, but I was going to give them another chance after a merely average meal in June. I could also drop Boma in that day, or even Whispering Canyon or even CP for a second time that week. I think Park Fare got dropped into the Donald’s slot already. I’m also thinking it might be possible to walk up to CM at 11:15 and get seated, based on what I’ve seen in the past and the amount of open tables they have. Just remember, I’ve got to have my omelet or I’m not going to be a happy camper.

Yes, I know how you are about your omletts…lol I’m sure you will think of something. You plan well Doug…it will work out.

The plan is pretty much fully locked in right now. The only question mark that remains is that Saturday, and I’m probably going to pull the trigger on Spoodles or Yachtsman’s and dump Fulton’s. I think I won’t worry about CM’s on that Tuesday and just use some snacks for breakfast and eat lunch in DTD and pay OOP. I’m certainly going to buy the deluxe dining plan for 4 days of the 5 and if we do Yachtsman’s I’ll get it for all 5 days. Right now, the 12 credits work out just right and we’ll pay lunch on Tuesday and Thursday OOP as well as dinner on Saturday. If we do 5 days on plan, it still works out.
Right now, the only variable is the weather, especially for boating and waterparks, which are scheduled for early afternoons.
Oh yeah, we’ll be arriving sometime around 2(ish) and coming in from Tampa and BG. We’ll be doing their Howl-O-Scream event on Friday night. No Universal HHN this year. Gail’s gotten tired of it and the non-originality of the event in recent years.

I love that you two go to WDW every year for your anniversary. I can’t wait to hear about the Howl-or-scream event. It’s always cool to try something different. The same ol’ same ol can get boring.

What is the Howl-or-Scream event? Is that at Disney or Universal?

You have some great ADRs there.:happy: Looks like a lot of the same ones we will be doing in February so I will be interested in your reviews when you get back.

OK…where is the best omelet in WDW?:huh: This I must know! I have to have my eggs in the morning or I will be Grumpy.

All sound like great choices. Perhaps someone will cancel chef Mickeys for ya.

be glad that it is not on October 3rd or 4th. From what I read on another thread, the MK is closing at 3pm for a special event and everyone’s ADR’s have been cancelled. It is probably a press event, but they are all saying that it is a special/private party for Miley Cyrus on the occasion of her 16th bday…They are incensed…

I am so irritated with the need for ADR’s. I just want to walk in, wait and be seated. I don’t want to pick my breakfast, lunch and dinner 6 months out.

For my upcoming trip at the end of the month, my husband said no ADR’s. We will wing it or just cook at Fort Wilderness. Fine… Guess what?? The birthday boy has a few ADR requests for his birthday trip and with 17 days to go, NOTHING is available. Oh, except if we want to eat dinner at 930pm with a 2 and 3 year old. That should make a lovely evening!!

I guess we will just try a few walk ups and hope some of the free dining folks bail out of their ADR’s!! Maybe next time he will appreciate how prepared and organized I am!!

I can’t wait until they do online ADR’s!

What are your dates Soundgod, we have Chef Mickey & Le Cellier ADRs in October for a party of 2 adults and to be honest I am not the type to get upset if I miss something. We’ve been to both plenty of times. If it’s really important to you I would give up one.

We missed our 8 am ADR for Donald’s this past June, which I was bummed about–so…later in the week I walked up at about 915am and was seated as a walk in about 15 minutes later. You might want to give that a try!!

Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens. Universal’s is called Halloween Horror Nights.
Unlike Disney’s event, these two are for more mature audiences and feature 5-7 haunted house mazes as well as roving “ghouls”. BG has two shows, while Universal has their annual “Bill and Ted” show which is updated every year to include current music hits and movie references. BG also has all their coasters running. Universal used to have a concert series with “dinosaur” classic rock acts, but stopped that a few years ago. Also, unlike the Mickey’s Halloween Party, guests are not allowed to come in costume, nor is there trick or treat candy stations. I think Sea World also now has a Halloween event, but we haven’t been to it and haven’t really given it much consideration.

I think you’re there 9 days before we are. We arrive on the 18th. If you’re still there that Saturday, maybe we can meet up somewhere.
Thanks for the kind offer, but it’s not necessary. We’ve done Chef Mickey’s a whole bunch too, so it’s not a do or die kind of thing. Also, le Cellier isn’t a do or die kind of thing either. We ate there once in 2004 and didn’t feel it was “that” special. It’s just since the dining plan has become so popular, le Cellier only being a single credit, and it having a small dining room and insane word of mouth that makes it so hard to get a reservation. We’ll eventually get a reservation, I just have to call 5 months out.
I’m not really upset. I’m just frustrated that even two months out, all reservations for some places are gone. Yes, I know, I could have made my own plans a few months ago and probably gotten everything, but I just wasn’t sure if we were going, or for how long.
I need to check the schedule, because the week we’re there is usually the same week as a major annual PGA golf tournament. I think that’s part of the reason that most of October is regular season and not value season, considering how early the parks close most nights.

I agree, if we’re going to be in the park at that time anyway, it doesn’t hurt to try walking up. For me, I would rather know in advance that I have a sure thing. I don’t really like waiting for a table or having any uncertainty when it comes to mealtime. That’s my problem, or idiosyncrasy. I try to plan around EMH times and evening shows and then everything else falls into place. There are some things I’ll improvise on and some I won’t. Meals are one thing I’d rather not leave to chance. Although once we are in WDW, there are mornings I’ll get up and see if I can switch things around, but I still really don’t like to chance things too much, so I’ll take a sure thing instead of walking up.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;865242]You have some great ADRs there.:happy: Looks like a lot of the same ones we will be doing in February so I will be interested in your reviews when you get back.

OK…where is the best omelet in WDW?:huh: This I must know! I have to have my eggs in the morning or I will be Grumpy.
[/QUOTE]

Crystal Palace, Boma, 1900 Park Fare all have omelet stations.
Cape May makes eggs to order in the kitchen. I think Chef Mickey’s does as well.
Kona Cafe still lets you order a shrimp omelet off menu, and they charge the same as a ham and cheese.
Spoodles does a good frittata, an open face omelet.
That’s 6 days of omelets right there.
As for our choices, all but Raglan Road are multiple repeats and I recommend all of them highly. Raglan Road is new to us. I also recommend HoB and Fulton’s as well, even though they no longer participate in the dining plan (they did until 2005 when Disney went to Magic Your Way).

That is pretty crummy, but it’s also life in the big city when you’ve got deep pockets and low friends in high places. It will probably put a lot of pressure on the rest of the world those days.
I remember some similar complaints from a few people last year during the weekend of the Tom Joyner Family Reunion in MGM. It was a hard ticket event and some people just didn’t understand, nor did they realize it was a national radio audience event for listeners of the Tom Joyner Morning Show.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;865268]I am so irritated with the need for ADR’s. I just want to walk in, wait and be seated. I don’t want to pick my breakfast, lunch and dinner 6 months out.

For my upcoming trip at the end of the month, my husband said no ADR’s. We will wing it or just cook at Fort Wilderness. Fine… Guess what?? The birthday boy has a few ADR requests for his birthday trip and with 17 days to go, NOTHING is available. Oh, except if we want to eat dinner at 930pm with a 2 and 3 year old. That should make a lovely evening!!

I guess we will just try a few walk ups and hope some of the free dining folks bail out of their ADR’s!! Maybe next time he will appreciate how prepared and organized I am!!

I can’t wait until they do online ADR’s![/QUOTE]

You. like me, live a relatively short distance away. You’re closer than me and I’d guess you’ve got APs as well, so, if not this trip, next trip. In your situation, I’d try and make some contingency plans and keep my fingers crossed that something will open up. Remember, during the free dining period, tons of people make tons of reservations they have no intention of keeping, so check with guest services in the parks, WDW DINE, or FW’s lobby concierge desk to see what has opened up. And stop at Publix, just to be sure.
I don’t know if I give on line reservations a thumbs up or a thumbs down

Alrighty. :happy: Unfortunately we are departing on the 15th. Maybe there is something going on during your dates because I just called 2 weeks ago to change some ADRs and everything I asked for was available. Hmm, I wonder if there is an event during your trip.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;865318]I think you’re there 9 days before we are. We arrive on the 18th. If you’re still there that Saturday, maybe we can meet up somewhere.
Thanks for the kind offer, but it’s not necessary. We’ve done Chef Mickey’s a whole bunch too, so it’s not a do or die kind of thing. Also, le Cellier isn’t a do or die kind of thing either. We ate there once in 2004 and didn’t feel it was “that” special. It’s just since the dining plan has become so popular, le Cellier only being a single credit, and it having a small dining room and insane word of mouth that makes it so hard to get a reservation. We’ll eventually get a reservation, I just have to call 5 months out.
I’m not really upset. I’m just frustrated that even two months out, all reservations for some places are gone. Yes, I know, I could have made my own plans a few months ago and probably gotten everything, but I just wasn’t sure if we were going, or for how long.
I need to check the schedule, because the week we’re there is usually the same week as a major annual PGA golf tournament. I think that’s part of the reason that most of October is regular season and not value season, considering how early the parks close most nights.[/QUOTE]

Wish, I’ve had problems trying to get the new Donald’s breakfast since it started last year. It’s almost as if Tusker house is smaller than Restaurantosaurus, or it’s just more popular right out of the gate. We did eat there in June, but I wasn’t that impressed and wanted to give it another try.
As for CM and le Cellier, those are always hard to get. As I posted, the golf tourney is right around my dates. Every year. Although that usually impacts booking into the deluxe resorts and room type availability more than dining.