Finally.... Our Honeymoon Trip

As many of you know, DH and I never had a real honeymoon. When we got married 14.5 years ago, DH decided that we would take our first family vacation together to WDW and we all got hooked then.

Well in under 30 days, DH and I will be finally going on our honeymoon. We aren’t going to DISNEY (next year) but we will be spending 6 days in Orlando - the Royal Pacific Hotel at [B][I]Universal Studios[/I][/B].

We will be leaving from Newark on December 12th @ 8:00am arriving at MCO approx 10:30 am. We got SeaWorld tickets, our first stop will be SeaWorld since this will be the only day while we are there that they will be having their holiday show.

As of right now, that’s all I got. We have no reservations anywhere we are going to wing it.

Oh Dee congratulations, your plans sound wonderful. I like the idea of winging it, just take each day as it comes and do what you feel like- enjoy and tell us all ( well nearly all, it is a honeymoon after all!!:heart:) about it.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!! It sounds like so much fun!

I’ll try to keep you posted on hat we are planning on doing.

Congratulations on your wedding :slight_smile: Your trip sounds like fun! I do have one question (that I ponder myself…) How are you going to be able to go to Orlando, and not go to the House of Mouse???

Have a great honeymoon! We will want most of the details when you get back:) Happy planning (or not!)

[QUOTE=dac921;1056479]As many of you know, DH and I never had a real honeymoon. When we got married 14.5 years ago, DH decided that we would take our first family vacation together to WDW and we all got hooked then.

Well in under 30 days, DH and I will be finally going on our honeymoon. We aren’t going to DISNEY (next year) but we will be spending 6 days in Orlando - the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Studios.

We will be leaving from Newark on December 12th @ 8:00am arriving at MCO approx 10:30 am. We got SeaWorld tickets, our first stop will be SeaWorld since this will be the only day while we are there that they will be having their holiday show.

As of right now, that’s all I got. We have no reservations anywhere we are going to wing it.[/QUOTE]

That’s great news!!!, have a fun and safe trip…

Congrats. Some of our best trips to the world are those that we only have a room and 1 or 2 ADR’s at the most. We just wing it and do what WE want. We pick a park for that day and decide where we want to eat as the day goes by and whatever is available from the dining ressie #.
Make sure you catch AK on night EMH. DW and I enjoy how peaceful it is walking form Asia / Flights of Wonder area around to the front passing by Africa. All those off the path sitting areas along the water are really relaxing.
Have a blast. And remember… you CAN act like little kids. You’ve earned it.

Congrats! Hopefully a not planned trip wont be too stressful. Maybe I worry about that because I am one of those over the top planners. In my world I have to plan what I will be eating and from where for my counter services and snacks, etc. =) Have fun and let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1056508]Congratulations on your wedding :slight_smile: Your trip sounds like fun! I do have one question (that I ponder myself…) How are you going to be able to go to Orlando, and not go to the House of Mouse???

Have a great honeymoon! We will want most of the details when you get back:) Happy planning (or not!)[/QUOTE]

Jay and I have been married for 14 years, we never took a Honeymoon, we went on our first “Family Vacation” instead. HollyLynne was 6 and MissSMIG was 3 an yes we went to WDW.

DH wants a change, we are planning a big trip next year for the entire family including little Hunter.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1056613]Congrats. Some of our best trips to the world are those that we only have a room and 1 or 2 ADR’s at the most. We just wing it and do what WE want. We pick a park for that day and decide where we want to eat as the day goes by and whatever is available from the dining ressie #.
Make sure you catch AK on night EMH. DW and I enjoy how peaceful it is walking form Asia / Flights of Wonder area around to the front passing by Africa. All those off the path sitting areas along the water are really relaxing.
Have a blast. And remember… you CAN act like little kids. You’ve earned it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say we aren’t going to WDW we are gong to Universal.

Congrats on your honeymoon. We took ours to WDW over 17yrs ago and have been hooked ever since.

I do have a question though. Not trying to sound rude or anything but if you’re not going to WDW then why are you doing a TR on a Disney board? :confused:

Oh my… I know it has been a while since I’ve been on, it is crazy around here… work work work on my end.

I just realized that I have 10 days to go before Jay and I are in Orlando. I am barely packed - due to the fact that I have been swamped here at work.

I won’t have time this weekend, I have a family wedding in NJ and we still have to finish decorating the house. I need to take some time off during the week - next week - to get packed.

I am now offically excited.

yay!!! you are going to have a blast. say hi to harry for me. i miss him:(

Hey dac, hope you guys have an awesome time. I look forward to a review/report from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! DW and I REALLY want to get there some day!

Now your countdown really begins! Hope your trip is wonderful!

Awesome!! I know you are really looking forward to this trip - enjoy EVERY minute!! :heart:

December 8, 2010 - Three days + some hours and counting…

Just got a call from DH advising me to recheck the luggage. He checked the weather and it looks like it is going to be cold (especially at night). In my opinion it ain’t going to be as cold as it is here… it’s 27 degrees right now and I am freezing.

So I had to go through and re-think the situtation. DH is a warm blooded man, he can wear shorts in 50 degrees. So I am packing 2 Shorts and 4 pairs of pants. Myself I have deleted all but 1 pair of shorts and packed 4 pairs of Jeans. I have also added 3 sweetshirts.

Do you think I am over packing?

No I think your packing sounds very sensible, you are more or less covered for every weather eventuality! I can’t bear being cold either, so the sweatshirts are a good addition- enjoy, safe trip!

WOW!!! It’s almost time!!!

I can’t wait to hear all about your trip. You are going to have so much fun.
Don’t forget to get up early and see Harry Potter before all of the non-hotel guests. We were able to ride it 3 times in a row before 9:00 a.m. (in August).
Let me know how you like the frozen butterbeer!! YUMMY!

You are doing better than I would with the packing. 6 days in cool weather would equal 6 pair casual pants, 3 dressy pants, 6 shorts, 6 casual t-shirts, 6 long sleeve shirts, 3 dressy shirts, 3 sweat shirts and a jacket, hat, gloves, pjs, and unmentionables!! LOL! So you are doing a great job!! If I went in cooler weather, I would need 3 suitcases just for myself!!

Sounds perfect:heart: have a lovely time and enjoy your time together