Finally

I finally got my vacation calendar at work and I got Thanksgiving week like I wanted so LET THE PLANNING COMMENCE! We do know we will be renting points again as I can stay almost any DVC resort on points for the same or less than a moderate. Anyway, I’m torn between the following (studio):

OKW-Cheapest, large studio, stayed here twice already

AKV, Savannah View-stayed AKL in June and LOVED IT. Never stayed at Kidani though.

BCV-Never stayed here but put off by parking situation

What do you thing? Cast will be us (me, DH, DD-12, DS-6) and my parents.

Well, I think I’d go with BCV because it’s the one you haven’t stayed at. It’s a wonderful location to walk to Epcot. Your kids will love Stormalong Bay (hopefully it’ll be warm enough to swim). It’s such a pretty resort. So, that’s why I’d go with BCV.

[QUOTE=Willbegone;1127657]I finally got my vacation calendar at work and I got Thanksgiving week like I wanted so LET THE PLANNING COMMENCE! We do know we will be renting points again as I can stay almost any DVC resort on points for the same or less than a moderate. Anyway, I’m torn between the following (studio):

OKW-Cheapest, large studio, stayed here twice already

AKV, Savannah View-stayed AKL in June and LOVED IT. Never stayed at Kidani though.

BCV-Never stayed here but put off by parking situation

What do you thing? Cast will be us (me, DH, DD-12, DS-6) and my parents.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Planning is so much fun! We have stayedat Kidani. I wasn’t in love with it. I have heard great things about OKW. But, my fav resort is the Beach Club. . so my quick vote is BCV. . but I have no idea what the parking situation is that you reference.

I know, not terribly helpful. But. . .have fun planning!

Another vote for BCV. As far as parking, park the car and leave it! You get to walk to Epcot, boat to HS, can walk through Epcot to Monorail for MK and then take the bus to AK. No need to worry about driving. There is nothing like watching Illuminations and then mosey on home with a quiet walk back to Beach Club (maybe head over to Boardwalk for a little night time entertainment.) Try something you haven’t tried.

What’s the parking situation at BCV that worries you? When we’ve been there the parking lot by the villas is always half empty. The DVC side of the parking lot is right next to a door making it easy to load and unload.

What llama said.

Okay so I feel better about parking. The few times we’ve been over the parking lot we saw for non-valet was across the street. We don’t use our car very much but we do like having it near by. What about the busses at BCV? We solely use the busses for the parks, how many resorts share with BCV?

I have stayed at OKW and BC. I have not stayed at any AK resorts,but boy are they beautiful. I love to visit them and look around when we go to Bomas. Anyway,someday I would love to try it out but for some reason,its not at the top of my list. I was not impressed with OKW. Yes,the rooms are bigger but it just didn’t fit me. We stayed at BC twice and loved it more the second time!!! I loved evrything about it. The pool was fantasic(watch out for the birds though,if you eat outside,one swooped down and literally stole a frenchfry out of my hand),the location was great. A walk to BW,Epcot and all around the lake was just awesome. The atmosphere was fantastic!! Now, my favorite is SSR because its quiet,relaxing and a lower pace.