Fireworks from the resorts

During our stay we have reservations at the Grand Floridian Cafe and Ohanas
Can we watch the fireworks at the resorts if we are only eating there? I was thinking after our meal to walk the resort and watch the fireworks. Is this allowed? if so what time should we get there and where is the best place to see them?

I know that you can see fireworks from the GF at the marina area and from Narcoossee’s deck. I’m sure there are other spots. If we are going to Narc’s for dinner we sched so we can walk out on the deck and watch.
BUT… The best spot for you might be from Sunset Point or the Beach area at the Poly. It is genreally straight shot from the Poly, down Main Street and to the Castle. Everything lines up nicely. Sometimes you might be able to grab one of the swings. The Poly is nice if you grab your favorite beverage and sit and relax. Pam and I have purchased or brought a bottle of wine out took it out on Sunset Point.
The music is piped in at the locations I mentioned. There might be other locations MB’rs have found. I’m sure more posts will follow.

We have a reservation at Ohana’s but it is at 8:10 and I am not sure we will make it for 9pm fireworks. I would love to see them at the Poly. I will keep checking for an earlier time for Ohana.

The view from Ohana is awesome! They pipe in the music and the view is great! I am jealous! Can I come too? LOL. We only have breakfast reservations for Ohana this year. Make sure you get a great drink and enjoy the show! If you ask for a window table and are willing to wait a little, they can usually accommodate.

Our reservation is at 8:10 if we have a window table can you see the fireworks from the restaurant?

If might be just me, but once we were at Ohana during fireworks and I thought “what’s the big deal”. After reading about people who planned just right, ate real slow, held onto the bill, just to stay for the fireworks I was so disappointed.

I have seen them from the beach at Poly and they seemed better, maybe because it was outside. No building or trees to worry about.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1073422]I know that you can see fireworks from the GF at the marina area and from Narcoossee’s deck. I’m sure there are other spots. If we are going to Narc’s for dinner we sched so we can walk out on the deck and watch.
BUT… The best spot for you might be from Sunset Point or the Beach area at the Poly. It is genreally straight shot from the Poly, down Main Street and to the Castle. Everything lines up nicely. Sometimes you might be able to grab one of the swings. The Poly is nice if you grab your favorite beverage and sit and relax. Pam and I have purchased or brought a bottle of wine out took it out on Sunset Point.
The music is piped in at the locations I mentioned. There might be other locations MB’rs have found. I’m sure more posts will follow.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, yeah. (I can’t quibble with anything here)
Better GF views from the launch dock than the marina. Keep in mind how far off axis even Narcoossee’s is though.
I wouldn’t bother trying to watch from inside 'Ohana. Sunset Point is excellent, but you are going to be music deprived. Another place is from the ferry landing at the TTC, that is slightly to the right of a straight shot, and slao is a generally clear view, though I have rarely heard show music there. There is a deck directly under the monorail beams at the Contemporary that offer a restricted view, but it is open to the public, unlike California Grill.

I would not bother trying to watch fireworks from Wilderness Lodge as there are too many obstructions.
Then there’s Epcot. Personally I say don’t bother watching from outside the park. You miss half of the show, maybe more if you don’t watch from the shores of World Showcase Lagoon.

General comment about watching fireworks behind glass.
That’s about as appealing as deep kissing grandma:eek:
You lose all of the impact and sound of the the explosions.
What’s fireworks without hearing the boom and feeling it in your chest?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073476]
What’s fireworks without hearing the boom and feeling it in your chest?[/QUOTE]

Now your talkin’.

We have seen them from the Ohana restaurant and thought they were okaaayy but nothing special. We have seen them from CRT and there was something a bit magical about(in my opinion) that but DH thought a bit different!
Best place was from the Luau beach cove at the Poly. AWESOME.

Mind you, when we did this in was in 2000 on our honeymoon and at that time this luau cove was a hidden gem still. I think now, lots of people know about this place so my guess would be to get there early.

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1073658] We have seen them from CRT and there was something a bit magical about(in my opinion) that but DH thought a bit different!
[/QUOTE]

To me, watching fireworks from inside CRT is about the same as watching an extra widescreen (2.35:1, not 1.78:1) movie on a standard TV, everything at the edges gets cut off.
In other words, you don’t see half of the show because the castle fireworks are fired off from the right and left of the castle and can not be seen from the window in CRT. All you see is the big stuff from the back of the park.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073678]To me, watching fireworks from inside CRT is about the same as watching an extra widescreen (2.35:1, not 1.78:1) movie on a standard TV, everything at the edges gets cut off.
In other words, you don’t see half of the show because the castle fireworks are fired off from the right and left of the castle and can not be seen from the window in CRT. All you see is the big stuff from the back of the park.[/QUOTE]

That is totally what it was like Doug. Still something a tiny bit magical about having a table right by the window, listening to the music and seeing the fireworks without someone trying to shove in front of you but you’re right, you did miss a lot from it.

Ariel, I’ve found that the places people can’t try to get in front of you is along the fence near Crystal Palace (I like that little circle where the photopass photographer is usually found) and that garden walkway from the right side popcorn booth that rejoins the main path next to the Tomorrowland bridge.
If you’re right up on the fence, they just can not get in front of you and you’ll have clear views of the castle.
(Note about the walkway: you will have to go to the section that is under the wire because that’s where the trees have been thinned out)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073714]Ariel, I’ve found that the places people can’t try to get in front of you is along the fence near Crystal Palace (I like that little circle where the photopass photographer is usually found) and that garden walkway from the right side popcorn booth that rejoins the main path next to the Tomorrowland bridge.
If you’re right up on the fence, they just can not get in front of you and you’ll have clear views of the castle.
(Note about the walkway: you will have to go to the section that is under the wire because that’s where the trees have been thinned out)[/QUOTE]

Oh thanks Doug…I do love your helpful hints and tips buddy. The last couple of times we have been we have managed to secure a spot on the bridge leading to tomorrow land , as you say. A great view of the castle from here. Doesn’t hurt to hear of other spots though eh?:happy:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1073714]Ariel, I’ve found that the places people can’t try to get in front of you is along the fence near Crystal Palace (I like that little circle where the photopass photographer is usually found) and that garden walkway from the right side popcorn booth that rejoins the main path next to the Tomorrowland bridge.
(Note about the walkway: you will have to go to the section that is under the wire because that’s where the trees have been thinned out)[/QUOTE]

That is a really good spot, but last time we tried it there it was overridden with strollers. Apparently along that rail is where CP parks all the stollers while guests are dining, or it was that night anyway. But then again we could be talking about 2 different fences too :redface:

Further to the right, more in line with the pathways to the restrooms and the MK infirmary. It’s that little circular area with the tree in the middle.

Bing Maps - driving and transit directions, routes, traffic conditions

(zoom down on CP and switch to angled view)