Great photos from The Disney Food Blog . . . check it out! :wub:
My DH & I went last year and really enjoyed the festival and all the goodies.
Yay! I’m going tomorrow…I’ve never been during Food & Wine Festival before. That plate of cheese is calling my name.
Nice!! You are finding all the good info!
sweet have an awesome time!
Looks great! How have the crowds been? We are headed down in 20 days!!!
Looks great. We are going this year again. We have never really taken advantage of the festival but the one family we are going with this year are nuts about it!
Yummy! Thanks for posting! We are going to be there the last day of the festival. I suspect it will be crazy!
Some of these I had to look up, some I already knew. Thought i’d share for the squeamish that won’t try the unfamiliar (my DD). I did this to show her it’s stuff she eats all the time, just with a different name.
2009 Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces
- Athens, Greece: Greek Salad, Spanakopita( spinach, fete cheese triangles)
- Bangkok, Thailand: Chicken and Coconut Soup, Green Papaya Salad with shrimp
- Barcelona, Spain: Red Snapper Schaech (poached or fried), Crema Catalana (crème brulee-custard)
- Bolonga, Italy: Cannelloni (crème filled pastry), Polpetti (Italian meatballs)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina: Beef Empanada (meat pie) with Tomato Salsa, Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce (good) and Boniato Pureé (sweet potato)
- Cape Town, South Africa: Mealie (corn) Soup with Crabmeat and Chili Oil, Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Purée, Mango Barbecue Sauce
- Cork, Ireland: Lobster & Scallop Fisherman’s Pie, Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey’s Ganache(icing/glaze)
- Krakow, Poland: Kielbasa (sausage) and Potato Pierogie(boiled or fried dough pie) with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream, Braised Pork Shank with Cabbage and Fresh Herbs
- Marrakesh, Morocco: Kefta (seasoned meatballs), Falafel (fried chickpeas), Baklava (thin pastry w/nuts & syrup)
- Melbourne, Australia: Barramundi Fish, Grilled Lamb Chops
- Mexico City, Mexico: Chilaquiles(chips), Quesadilla con Chorizo (pork)
- Montreal, Canada: Cheddar Cheese Soup, Maple Glazed Salmon, Spicy Chicken Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta (grits), Maple Sugar Candy
- Munich, Germany: Spaetzle (noodles) Gratin with Ham and Cheese, Apple Strudel
- New Delhi, India: Mango Lassi (yogurt drink), Rava Masala Dosa (rice crepe filled w/ potato etc), Gulab Jamun (fried dough balls in sugar syrup)
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Crawfish Étouffée (roux), Chicken and Andouille (spicy sausage) Gumbo(soup), Praline Bread Pudding, Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Paris, France: Escargot (snails) Persillade (parsley) en Brioche(bread), Cabernet Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes
- Rio de Janiero, Brazil: Shrimp Stew with Coconut and Lime, Grilled Pork Skewer with Farofa(toasted flour)
- San Juan, Puerto Rico: Ham Croquette (fried meat patty), Arroz con Pollo (saffron rice w/tomatoes), Guava Cookie
- Santiago, Chile: Rock Shrimp Ceviche (lime marinade), Corn and Cheese Arepa (cornbread)
- Shanghai, China: Chicken Urumqi (city in china), Shrimp or Beef Rice Pancake, Pork Pot Stickers (filled dumplings), Caramel Ginger Ice Cream
- Tokyo, Japan: California Sushi(seaweed wrapped vinegar rice) Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, Sukiyaki(hot/cooked) Beef Roll
- Vienna, Austria: Goulash mit Servietten Knoedel(paprika beef stew & bacon dumpling) Mushroom Soup with Chive Dumplings, Sachertorte(choc cake)
- Wellington, New Zealand: Lamb Slider(sandwich), Seared Sea Scallop with Vegetable Slaw and Lemon Oil
- The Brewer’s Collection: Pretzel Bread with Cheese, Landjäeger, large selection of beers
- Desserts and Champagne: Austrian Bundt Cake, Strawberry Shortcake, Frozen Grand Marnier Parfait, Orange Coulis(thick sauce from fruit/veggie), Champagne
- Hops & Barley: Crab Cake with Cabbage Slaw and Remoulade(cold, tart gravy), New England Lobster Roll
- The Mouse Selection: selection of cheeses
Just got back from a quick weekend trip to Disney, with a good amount of time spent at Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival.
The stations were really cool! Here’s what I tried:
Mushroom Soup with Chive Dumplings (Vienna, Austria)
Sacher Torte (Vienna, Austria)
Cheese Selection: Aged-Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Ivernia Cheese with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread (Cork, Ireland)
I wish we’d had more time…there were lots of other things I would’ve liked to have tried, but it started POURING down rain as we were eating our cheese on Saturday night, just before Illuminations, so we didn’t really get a chance. What I did try was (not surprisingly) deeelish. I kind of wish I could’ve bought a big bowl of the mushroom soup…it was so good that my daughters both wanted to eat it for dinner! We went back for seconds on that.
@QueenofHearts and cynsayshi, I’ve gotta say it was REALLY crowded. But, I suspect some of that was from the locals coming out since it was the opening weekend. We were at Epcot 2 weeks earlier on Sept. 10 and 11, and the place was basically empty…but this weekend with the opening of the festival, it was so crowded you could barely walk. Still, a worthwhile experience!
this posted twice…not sure how to delete the second post…?
We’ll be there Oct. 20! Can’t wait!!!
Food looks yummy!!
we’re going down there the weekend of oct 17th and 18th! can’t wait!
i’m in jax too:)