First look at new plans for Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney

We finally get some idea of what Disney has planned for the Downtown Disney Pleasure Island area. While it looks nice, I’m still not sure that more shopping and dining is what we really needed instead of Pleasure Island. Can’t we please have the Adventurers Club back?

First Look: Waterfront District ?Hyperion Wharf? Among Plans for Downtown Disney Disney Parks Blog

That is so funny, I was just about to post a link to that page. Thanks turnwrench.

I think this looks exciting. I can’t remember if it gave a date of completion

It says it should be finished by 2013.

dangit, another reason to go back. I am trying to run out of reasons :angel:

Good luck… there is always a reason.

We thought we were done for a while, and then I got pregnant. It was a total surprise to us, but it is ok- we have another reason to go back…

I seem to run into that problem too, we are going in 2012… now will have to go in 2013 as well…:mickey:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1057015]Good luck… there is always a reason.

We thought we were done for a while, and then I got pregnant. It was a total surprise to us, but it is ok- we have another reason to go back…[/QUOTE]

oh you have a cute reason to go back.

exactly, a real problem. Maybe we can each have a fundraiser for Disney Addicts Annonymouse?

My first thought is they are trying to compete with Universals Citywalk. The look and all.

I’m really liking the look and more shopping/dining is always going to be a win in my books, I just hope theres a fair bit of entertainment going on to keep the non-shop-a-holics in our group happy! I was never much of a fan of the old Pleasure Island but thats probably because I was never old enough to experience it lol! Another reason to book a trip then for 2013! I just hope alot of those new dining experiences are going to be included on the dining plan!

yeah me too! Disney will have alot of workers in 2013!

I enjoyed the comedy club,or some form of it…I believe entertaiment is very important for a vibrant DTD environment

I often wondered why disney truly shys away from outside retail ,I have always thought that a shopping mall right on property would be outstanding,maybe that want that vacation dollar spent completely on them ,but I know my wife would love a day of shopping on property

[QUOTE=Turnwrench;1056996]We finally get some idea of what Disney has planned for the Downtown Disney Pleasure Island area. While it looks nice, I’m still not sure that more shopping and dining is what we really needed instead of Pleasure Island. Can’t we please have the Adventurers Club back?

First Look: Waterfront District ?Hyperion Wharf? Among Plans for Downtown Disney Disney Parks Blog[/QUOTE]

I agree, if the only club they brought back was the Adventurer’s Club, all would be well with me :mickey:

I love the new ideas for DTD. My daughter and I tend to spend tons of time down there shopping and hanging out, so some new shops and things to experience is a plus for us. I really don’t miss P.I…Sara was to young when it was open. I always figured that as a place for adults and never even considering taking here there. That being said, my trips have always been us with random guests, so I never really had the opportunity to experience it.