First stay at SSR cancelled

:angry:Just have to vent a little! I just found out that DH is being sent on a mandatory management course that means we have to cancel our trip.:crying: We were supposed to go from Oct 19/12- Oct 27/12 and can’t push the dates earlier because DH’s sister is coming to visit from England. I was really looking forward to “food and wine” and also MNSSHP. This is such a downer. Friends and people at work just don’t get my love for Disney, so they would just look at me like I was crazy for being so dissappointed. So thanks for letting me vent here!

Oh I’m so sorry…and I do understand…I’m still waiting for my daughters teaching contract to come through so we know she has a job next year…we’re suppose to go in August but if she doesn’t have a job…I will be SOOO disappointed if we can not go…

…but I don’t tell her that…she can’t help it…

Tell your husband to quit his job…than he won’t have the mandatory course and you can go to WDW. Problem solved…and you are welcome!

:laugh: :mickey:

Oh how I wish! He has just started with this company so I really don’t think that’s an option if we are going to continue making payments on DVC which we just joined. I realize that everyone has had things like happen, but it’s still such a letdown.

This stuff happens…it is life. Figure out how to make the best of it, life is to short as it is to waste to much time on the uncontrollable.

Can you bank the week and do a longer trip next year or add in maybe long weekend get away to next year?

So sorry to hear you’ll be missing Food and Wine, but maybe you could go in the beginning of December. The Christmas decorations will be up, and MVMCP is a lot of fun.

Yep, you are right tigger. Maybe this is for the best in some way that I don’t yet know. By the way, I love your quote on tigger’s law.

OH NO!!! I am so sorry!!! That completely sucks on ice!! I hope you are able to reschedule something VERY soon…:mad:

We went last year for the first week of December and loved the lights and Christmas decorations so as a change we thought October would be nice this year. I am seriously considering trying to convince DH to go the last week of October if that is an option with his work. I just thought that MNSSHP would be very busy that week, (as well as the parks getting busy too.)

Good luck with your husband getting off the last week of October. Tigger is right I’m sure something good will come out of this canceled trip. If you can’t go this October maybe you can start planning for October 2013.

Thanks Dana. In the meantime, I need to cancel all of my ADR’s which we made right at the 180 day mark. Oh, I was sooo organized this time, but it backfired. Oh well, onward and upward right?

It’s the only way to be. You are just going to have to plan a BIGGER and BETTER trip VERY, VERY soon~!

Yep, that’s a great idea. I will plan to plan a better trip.

It’s so disappointing when life has to intrude. I don’t know if this will make you feel any better, but we went in October last year (specifically for Food & Wine) and it was the worst trip we have ever had. Quite frankly - the Food & Wine wasn’t worth the crowds. Can you imagine being in Epcot and coming to a complete stop - not able to move forward or back because of the crowds? That’s what we contended with. I swore I would never go back - the little “tidbits” of food you waited over an hour for at any given kiosk certainly wasn’t worth it.

I am surprised that your trip was so bad. We went a couple of years ago and had a great time with low crowds. Maybe we went at a better time. But thanks for the input, maybe it’s a good thing if we can’t make it after all, but I’m still looking at alternatives.

Well that stinks :pinch:
You’ll figure something out. I am sure. Crossing fingers

So sorry! Reschedule as soon as possible and your disappointment will be short lived!

I would totally do the last week in October… you will still be able to get to F&W (a must do!) and MNSSHP!

I agree Llama, but it still is one of my favorite events at WDW. Last year we went to F&W on a Saturday as we met up with a bunch of friends… NEVER AGAIN!!

This year, DH will be enjoying F&W by ourselves and we think a Monday and Tuesday will be perfect… that and starting at 11am!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;1111577]I agree Llama, but it still is one of my favorite events at WDW. Last year we went to F&W on a Saturday as we met up with a bunch of friends… NEVER AGAIN!!

This year, DH will be enjoying F&W by ourselves and we think a Monday and Tuesday will be perfect… that and starting at 11am![/QUOTE]

I am thinking that we must have done F & W on the less busy days like the beginning of the week too. We had hardly any people with us in world showcase. I will say that in the evening it did get busier though.

Today DH will look into when he is supposed to be available and I will look into crowd levels to see if it will be OK. He absolutely hates it when it’s busy. (I don’t want to have regrets about going just because I really want to go.)