First time in a water park

We will be in Disney in 15 days. :happy: :biggrin: This vacation we have decided to go to the water parks. I have heard they are alot of fun. One thing we were wonder about is towels. Do we have to bring towel from home to bring to the parks or do they supply them at the park? I dont’ want to pack beach towels if I don’t have to. I have also heard there are lockers you can rent. Do you have to get there at the crack of dawn to get a locker? or are there plenty of them? Any other water park suggestions or tips for water park first timers would be appreciated.

I’m 90 percent positive that they have towels there.

I will raise you 10% and say that I’m 100% positive that they have towels there.

But you have to rent the towels.

Towels are available to rent inexpensively.

You can bring a cooler with food and drinks. I highly suggest this if you would rather not spend a fortune on drinks and food.

Of course, the earlier you go, the better choice of chairs you will have. If you are early enough, try for a shady location!

Even if the weather looks iffy, you can still have a great time! The waterslides will close for threat of lightning, though.

If you have little ones (toddler age), I would suggest chairs in a location nearest to the kiddie area. Both waterparks are great- if you have time, check out both to pick your own favorite!

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon and everytime we go we are able to get a locker when we arrive, which is usually like within an hour or two after opening. They have two sizes of lockers available and I HAVE noticed that usually by the time we get there sometimes only the smaller size is available. For us, it’s fine b/c we are kid-free but if you have a bigger family you might want to get there earlier for a bigger locker.

I’ve never done the water parks - what are the lines like? This is my BIGGEST detraction from them. I really don’t wanna wait in giant lines for a water slide (no matter HOW cool it is!)

When we went in May the lines were not too bad. The longest line was about 10 minutes. I think you would like the water parks.

There were no lines for our visit to Blizzard Beach during the tropical depression in June:eek: I have never been in rain that hard.

The lines during our visit to Typhoon Lagoon reached about 15-20 minutes in the afternoon. If you go first thing when they open, you will have little or no wait for an hour or so.

I’ll be honest Erin, we try to go to a waterpark at least ONCE during out stay and let me tell you we’ve always been more successful when we arrived before opening and waited outside. At that point, you usually have the park nearly deserted with no lines at all for at least an hour or two. When we’ve showed up that late after park opening the wave pool at TL is crowded, and there are always lines to GET a raft to go down the raft slides.

From now on, we ARE arriving at opening!

I’m not really a waterpark person. But the best time we ever had at Typhoon Lagoon was just after a thunderstorm. It was about 3 in the afternoon and a typical florida storm rolled in and everyone left. As soon as the storm passed we had the park to ourselves for the remaining 4 hours. No lines!

I pretty sure that you have to rent the towels

We always take our own towels…I know they will fit around me, I know they are clean and I can tell at a glance that their mine. Line length depends on the time of year. Summer is usually crowded. Go early to get the best seating location and lockers.

That’s always our plan. We get there before the park opens and grab a couple of chairs and hit the slides before the lines build. The waits are not usually long for us even in July but going in the morning makes it better.

When planning water park days, do you plan on a full day there or are 1/2 days enough?

We always plan about 3/4 of a day. We get there first thing in the morning and stay until about 3 or 4:00 and then clean up at our resort and head out for dinner and an evening in a park.

we get there before opening ,and once inside grab our chairs/sun loungers and head off - a couple of hours later I have seen people walking round and round both BB and TL looking for just a place to sit! at mid afternoon people start to drift out and once again the lines gets less and less we usually head off around 3 as by then we have done what we wanted to do and had enough of lazing around :slight_smile:

we get there before opening ,and once inside grab our chairs/sun loungers and head off - a couple of hours later I have seen people walking round and round both BB and TL looking for just a place to sit! at mid afternoon people start to drift out and once again the lines gets less and less we usually head off around 3 as by then we have done what we wanted to do and had enough of lazing around :slight_smile:

sorry dont know what happened there!