First trip with 5yr old DD

Hi,

I am new to DC, but have been reading your archived information. For hours at a time.

We will be at WDW from 1-29 - 2-5 (leaving early on the 5th). 4 adults and 1 child.

How many character meals are too many? When does it become overkill?

She really wants to do O’Hana as Lilo and Stitch are her favorites. She is also into the Disney Prinesses, but the reviews for the PSB are not that great and we really don’t intend to spend a great deal of time at Epcot in the a.m.'s. CRT is available during our visit, but the prices are rather high, however, I would not imagine we will return to WDW for a few more years.
We also would like to hit Chef Mickey’s. 1900 is an option too.

I guess my questions are how many should we do?
If we don’t do a princess meal will she have the opportunity to see many princesses during the character interaction at the parks?

Thanks

WElcome to DC.
First we need some info.
Has your DD been exposed to characters before and had good interaction? Examples are Chuckecheese, Santa, Easter Bunny.
If yes well then I say the more meals merrier. These are the best places to have character interactions.
I find princesses are hard to come by in the park. There are exceptions and those lines are enormous.

Welcome to DC!

Some people will say that there is never too many!!!

The question will be can you fit them all in your plans!!

Are you staying on property and doing the dining plan? If so cost shouldn’t be too much of a factor.

Welcome to DC!

I would say definitely do Ohana and consider CRT. If she loves princesses she will be in awe at CRT and it will be a lifetime memory. Plus, eating in the castle is something that thrills adults as well.

Consider too, the character breakfast at The Crystal Palace at MK. The Pooh characters are great and they seem to be a favorite among your daughters age group.

Like Queensmama said, you don’t come across the princesses in the theme parks all that often. If she is crazy about them, I think one or more of the princess breakfasts is your best bet.

As much as it pains me to agree with a Yankee fan, the Palace breakfast is a lifetime memory. As for the Crystal Palace <sigh> I agree again. We go every time. It is a must with my clan.

You cannot go wrong with either of these two. If I had the funds, I’d do one a day - maybe two.

We are staying on property - All Star Resorts.
We did not opt for the dining plan. We will probably only do 1 or 2 additional sit down meals. We would like to spend approx. 2 1/2 days in the MK. And 1 day at each of the other 3. We are going to leave 2 days for pot luck - or for any underplanning on my part.

At this point I have another plan in mind.

O’Hana for breakfast
Chef Mickey’s for breakfast
1900 for dinner
Does that sound reasonable or would you go for CRT breakfast?

My only advice would be for the sake of time and money to limit it to one per day. Otherwise, go have a blast!

I think CRT for a 5 yr old would be awesome. I’d use Chef Mickey as a fall back position. The ambiance of the castle will blow her away…

I would say go for CRT. Ohana also since she asked for that. We did 2 character meals with our 4 yr old in a 7 day time. That was fine with us. We had some dinners I wanted to do and I did not want to be totally tied down to a meal schedule.

How many character meals are too many? When does it become overkill?

Honestly, there one a day is fine. It’s a great way to interact with the characters without waiting in line like you have to in the parks. You have to eat anyway right?

She really wants to do O’Hana as Lilo and Stitch are her favorites. She is also into the Disney Prinesses, but the reviews for the PSB are not that great and we really don’t intend to spend a great deal of time at Epcot in the a.m.'s. CRT is available during our visit, but the prices are rather high, however, I would not imagine we will return to WDW for a few more years.
We also would like to hit Chef Mickey’s. 1900 is an option too.

I wouldn’t even bother with Princess Storybook especially if you aren’t spending time at Epcot. I didn’t like that breakfast in the least. I love CRT. It’s worth every penny. chef mickeys, O’hanna and 1900 park fare are also excellent character meals. I also like crystal palace in the magic kingdom. Go to 1900 park fare for dinner, not breafast…cinderella is only there for dinner.

Our first trip was when DD was 5 1/2. This is the PERFECT age!

We did CRT, and while I was not impressed with the food (or the prices :pinch: ) the experience was worth every penny and then some. The Princesses were all wonderful, the interaction is great and while you might find some Princesses in the parks you’ll never get as much “bang for your buck”.

It was my favorite moment of our first trip. After meeting a few of the Princesses in the castle DD said to me “Mommy, this is a dream come true!”

So…I say do CRT and maybe one other character meal (we love Chef Mickey’s). Bring your camera and your autograph book and have fun!

For a 5 year old DD I would substitute one for CRT, but it may be too late to get it. It is one of the hardest seatings to get.

Hi We Are On The Dinning Plan For 10 Days And Are Doing A Chracter Meal Nearly Every Day On Some Days We Have 2, We Are Going To Crt Twice Once For Breakfast And Once For Lunch.we Are On The Dinning Plan So The Cost Didnt Come Into It, But Before Missy H Sugested The Dinning Plan To Me We Where Only Going To Do A Couple Because Of The Cost. Now We Are On The Dinning Plan We Need To Eat Somewhere So Why Not On Character Meals. I Cant Wait , My Dds Are 4 And 6. My Other Theory Being If We Are At Character Meals And My 4yr Old Is Making A Noise She Wont Be Alone And I Wont Need To Keep Reminding Her To Be Quite.