First Trip

This will be my husbands first trip to Disney. We are going to Disney with my 11 year old son as a belated honeymoon. We got married in November of last year. Anyhow what dinner shows or dining places would get great for us to go to. We have the dining plan this trip so that should help. Thanks.

Hoop de do review at Fort Wilderness is fun…I also like Ohana for a family meal. Also consider Boma and Whispering Canyon Cafe. All of the above are family fun.

Teppan Edo in Japan at Epcot is a must-do! Also your son is at an age where he would probably like the Sci-fi Diner at HS.

Thanks. Now my son is a very picky eater will they have a variety of foods to chose from?

Try reviewing menus at Allears.net

Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

My guys are very picky. I love to try new places. Here are a few that we do that have not been mentioned.

Chef Mickey’s
Cape May Cafe Clam Bake
ESPN Club
Rainforest Cafe
House of Blues
1900 Park Fare

Have fun planning:laugh:

I also have a picky son and we have had very good luck getting food he will eat. Hoop Dee Doo has fries, mac and cheese, pizza and some other more kid friendly foods. We tried to get a chicken strip last year and our server wasn’t very friendly about telling us that that wouldn’t happen because they serve chicken. She was a bit grumpy but ALL our other servers have been more than happy to get anything our son would eat. They have brought out baby carrots and grapes when they heard those are his favorite fruits/veggies.

Disney is very cool about ordering kid friendly food that isn’t on the menu. All you have to do is ask.:heart:

By the way, welcome back and congrats on the wedding.:heart:

Congratulations on your wedding- and how exciting for your husband his first trip to the world!
My suggestion is Mickey’s Backyard BBQ- its a pretty fun night for all ages and the food is the usual BBQ type- the atmosphere is great fun with lots of character interaction too.

Definitely Ohana, at the Polynesian Resort. Either for breakfast or dinner. That’s my fav restaurant at WDW.

A great CS in MK is Pecos Bill. They serve FANTASTIC burgers and chili cheese fries. I’m sure your son would love those. Their toppings bar is huge and has so many things that you can put on your burgers. Best burgers in WDW.

Also, a warning on Rainforest - it only takes the premium and platinum plans. The food was ok, but I think you pay for the atmosphere. This year we are trying the breakfast at the RFC in AK.

Teppan Edo will do custom variations of their dinners. The chef will ask at the start what everyone likes amongs the ingredients he is working with. All Disney restaurants are very accomodating when it comes to children and if you ask ahead of time they will try to come up with something appealing even if it isn’t on the menu.

Don’t be afraid to try a different place, it may become one of your favorites!!

Happy Dining!!

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;931636]Teppan Edo will do custom variations of their dinners. The chef will ask at the start what everyone likes amongs the ingredients he is working with. All Disney restaurants are very accomodating when it comes to children and if you ask ahead of time they will try to come up with something appealing even if it isn’t on the menu.

Don’t be afraid to try a different place, it may become one of your favorites!!

Happy Dining!![/QUOTE]

We ate at Teppan Edo last Saturday. There was a little girl at the table that ONLY ate noodles with butter . . . so that’s what they made her! :happy: (she still didn’t eat it, cuz there were “black” spots on the noodles from the grill) I felt bad for her Mom.

If your child is picky, I’d hold off on this one . . . my DDs are NOT picky and the veggies were zucchini, onions and mushrooms . . . my DDs did like the meat and eating with the chopsticks. DD9 said, the cook was cool, the meat yummy, but I don’t think I want to go back there . . . they were both starving an hour later!! :eek: And for a $70 lunch, if you are picky I don’t think it’s worth it! IMHO!

Thanks everyone. That is alot of information. My husband is a steak man and my son is PPJ. What kind of show does Ohana do? I want to show my husband why I think that Disney is the best place for family vacations. Plus I want it to be very memorable for him after all this is his first time going.

Welcome back! I second Chef Mickey’s- your picky son will have plenty to eat there.

We love BOMA. We also love the very corny Hoop-de-Doo review. Breakfast at Crystal Palace is great and if you get an early reservation you get into the MK before anyone else.

What is BOMA?

Boma is a great restaurant at the AKL.

Is that the name or addrevation?