First visit to Disney World

Hi Friends,

I’ll be going next week to Disney World for 6 days straight with my wife.

Where is the best place to go there?
Where can we buy cheap tickets?

Thank you for any Info you can give us. :smile:

Um…

I thinks that you made a good choice by inquiring… Get out a pen and paper, make sure your printer has a full ink cartridge, and cram as much information as possible in the next week…

That being said, a lot of the really best places to go to eat, for example, are planned months in advance. But hopefully you have Advance Dining Reservations made already. If not, I STRONGLY recommend you try to squeeze them in prior to arriving… :pirate:

Wow… you have a lot of catching up to do. Best places to go? Check out the various forums on this site like Disney Restaurants, Parks, Resorts, etc. There is a lot of GREAT info. 626 is right… try to obtain a few ADR’s to avoid missing out on some really great food!

Cheap tickets? No such thing… We always buy ours at our resort.

Hi and welcome to MB- so you can get the best help available to make the most of your stay perhaps you could give us some ideas as to what you both like to do whilst on vacation.
There is such a ton of info with relation to WDW it really does boil down to individual choice- what suits one family isnt always another ones choice.
So, read through the boards here with relation to all things Disney and then you will get a better feel for what Disney is all about and what you think you’d enjoy seeing and doing.

Welcome to here and good luck.

I would recommend that you hit ALL parks. I recently had a fellow employee go to WDW and skipped Epcot because of one person’s opinion. I sat there shocked cause we covered so many things Epcot had to offer, such as so many good restuarants at World Showcase. Yes, everyone has an opinion, buy only you know what you will like and dislike, so make sure you have a park hopper, experience each park and enjoy!

You can get a little less expensive tickets at undercovertourist.com. If you want to eat a sit down meal than you need to try for reservations before you leave. Otherwise, plan on more counter service meals. Are you staying at a Disney resort? If so, make sure you find out the EMH so you can make the most of your stay.
Bring extra water if you can and a hand held fan with water is a must this time of year. Have a plan of what rides you really want to go on and make sure you get fast passes. Hit the parks early in the morning when it is cool.
Most importantly…HAVE FUN!

Welcome to Mousebuzz.

Where are you and your wife staying? Are you staying at a Disney resort?

Welcome to Mousebuzz!

You’ve asked a very difficult question to answer in a single thread. Your best bet is to do what others have already said . . . hang out here and read as many threads as you can about each area of WDW. Also get the planning DVD from WDW if you already haven’t. And maybe pick up a couple of planning guide books like The Unofficial Guide to WDW or Passporter’s WDW. And then just ask away, 'cuz there’s some really smart Mousebuzzers around here. WDW experts. If one person can’t answer your question, another can.

Again, welcome!

Welcome! As smee57 just stated, the first place I would recommend that you go is to the bookstore and purchase The Unofficial Guide to WDW. You’ll get countless great tips here to print, and you can fill in the blanks on your trip with this great book.

I agree on going to the bookstore and getting the guide book. No matter what you do you will have an awesome time; I wish you the most magical trip!!:blush:

Welcome to MB! “There’s always room for one more”
Have a Magical vacation!

I suggest you make a list of things you really want to do. If this is your first time you might want to hit the parks and make some reservations at various restaurants. You can also check out Disney Boardwalk and Downtown Disney. If you try to take it ALL in you will go into metal overload; there is just too much and you’ll never do it all in one trip. Its impossible.

For cheap tickets I recommend Undercover Tourists. Orlando attraction tickets - Disney World, Universal Studios, Medieval Times, Arabian Nights, Orlando FlexTicket
They are great and they give you free extra days. No time share presentations, no catches just free extra days. I used them for our last trip and every thing worked perfectly. If you order ahead of time they will ship them to your home. I picked the tickets up when I got down there but I suggest mail; its just easier. Hope you have a great time.

Wow! I am amazed how friendly you people are.
I was hesitant to post because I feel like I will get
bash for not searching google for info or anything of that
sort. I was on some other message board before and the
info I got is use the search button moron. :laugh:
I am happy I went to the right place.

Anyways, I really appreciate all your help.
Really not planning for a vacation,
just want to use up my paid vacation leave.
You know, just get there, enjoy, have fun, walk around the park.
I mean no stress just be cool and watch people play,
have a couple of rides here and there.
I have a six days so I have a lot of time to visit
most of the cool stuff there.

Me and wife are just 26 years old. We will be staying
outside of the resort because it’s cheaper.
We also have a free shuttle every morning so we can
go anywhere we want. We dont like parties but we like cool rides.
We both like to ride on roller coaster and the like if that helps.

Maybe in a couple of days I’ll be buying tickets and I need your
assitance my friends to get good deals. :smile:

You can purchase discounted tickets at most www.aaa.com redirect There are so
many places to see and visit. Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World for restaurant reviews.

AAA for cheaper tickets.

For rollercoasters, you might want to hit Universal Studios. They have a buy 2 days, get a week ticket.

Orlando Discount Tickets at Universal Orlando Resort

You don’t have much time to plan, I would go to allearsnet.com and read up there.

Welcome to MouseBuzz!

I suggest you get to the parks at open and have a plan for at least 3-4 attractions you want to see that day and hit those first. Use Fastpasses as much as you can, we try to always have an active one so we know we have at least one attraction/ride we can go on with little to no wait.

Since you are staying off site you need to check the park hours and try really hard to avoid parks that have Extra Magic Hours. Those parks are going to be more busy on EMH days than the other parks and resort guests are going to have an hour on you in the morning and the line will have already started building before you are even in the park.

Try to plan at least one special meal while you’re there, Disney offers so many great restaurants. This site offers a lot of great information as well as up to date menus for all the WDW restaurants: Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

[QUOTE=newtodisney;850068]Wow! I am amazed how friendly you people are.
I was hesitant to post because I feel like I will get
bash for not searching google for info or anything of that
sort. I was on some other message board before and the
info I got is use the search button moron. :laugh:
I am happy I went to the right place.

Anyways, I really appreciate all your help.
Really not planning for a vacation,
just want to use up my paid vacation leave.
You know, just get there, enjoy, have fun, walk around the park.
I mean no stress just be cool and watch people play,
have a couple of rides here and there.
I have a six days so I have a lot of time to visit
most of the cool stuff there.

Me and wife are just 26 years old. We will be staying
outside of the resort because it’s cheaper.
We also have a free shuttle every morning so we can
go anywhere we want. We dont like parties but we like cool rides.
We both like to ride on roller coaster and the like if that helps.

Maybe in a couple of days I’ll be buying tickets and I need your
assitance my friends to get good deals. :smile:[/QUOTE]

Hey, welcome to MB. This is a friendly helpful place, but we can’t catch you up on years worth of Disney information in just one post.

You know, yours SOUNDS like it would be a good plan, but believe me…when it comes to WDW, if you don’t do your homework first, you are not going to get as much enjoyment out of it. You will find that everyone else knows where they are going and what they are doing and you are left wandering around trying to figure out what to do and where to go. It’s very frustrating.

A trip to WDW involves a LOT of money and you will find you are wasting that money by standing around instead of doing. You’ll be looking at maps to figure out where to go, how to get there, park/attraction/show/parade times, and how to use that fast moving line to get on the rides instead of the slow moving one. And even if you start out in a wonderful mood, standing for hours in the Florida heat will make anyone cranky.

If you want to eat at a sit down restaurant, you need reservations. If you don’t want to spend 2 hours standing in line for a ride, you need to know how to use fastpasses.

If you want the opinion of the people here who know WDW: get a guidebook and familiarize yourself with the basics. You won’t regret it.

Hey Newtodisney!!

There is so much information available and WDW is so huge, you will never sort it all out, without few tips.

1st - Coming here was great, I didn’t before we went last year.
2nd - Go to touringplans.com, pay the $7.95 and use their info
3rd - go 1/2 hour before a park opens enjoy the park

Enjoy, be calm and patient, and use the info available to you through here, WDW Dining number (407) 939-3463

USE FastPass!!!

Drive fast and take chances.

That’s always a good time, too.