Five choices

I am getting ready to book. Which package appeals to you most and why?

If you can swing it, go full out. Life is short.

“What if …”?

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;984601]If you can swing it, go full out. Life is short.

“What if …”?[/QUOTE]

I am totally leaning toward that. This will be the last trip for a long time…seriously this time. Sara will be going in to her junior year of high school and I will have to start saving for her VERY expensive senior year. Why not just go for it?

“What if …”?[/QUOTE]

I agree with Boss…:ohmy::blink:

If you can swing it…why not!!

8 nights at AKL
It gives you plenty of time to do everything and queen sized beds.
As you’ve so often pointed out, they don’t share transport with other hotels.
Good dining on hotel property. Huge atrium lobby and all rooms under one roof.
Animals.
Of course, for the same money, you can be on Bay Lake at WL and have an exclusive boat direct to MK.

I am all for going all out!! (Actually this will be our next trip-thinking about 10 days at the Poly!) Especially if this is going to be it for a while!
I hope it works out!!!:happy:

I say go for it also. With Sara going into her final years of high school, she’s more than likely to be more busy than usual, so it probably will be it as you said, awhile before you can go back again. Also, for the fact we don’t hear from you much anymore, tells me you’re very busy at work. You deserve a nice break. Treat yourself to a really fun time. :mickey:

Well, I voted for 10 days at the AK. You’ve waited a long time Sweet-Cheeks - go for it. You know how much you love AK!

Go full out. Especially if its going to be the last trip for awhile. AKL is beautiful, honestly, I think its the nicest of all the Disney Resorts.

:happy:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;984620]Go full out. Especially if its going to be the last trip for awhile. AKL is beautiful, honestly, I think its the nicest of all the Disney Resorts.

:happy:[/QUOTE]

I agree! It is wonderful-pure heaven!

“What if …”?[/QUOTE]

So I have to agree with Boss. If you’re even asking this question and have this as a choice, you must be prepared to pay for it which makes me say “go for the gusto, girl”…go, go, go

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???

Really??!?! I can’t get over that. How is she still not twelve?!?
Mmm…k…once I get over the shock of it I’ll figure out which way to vote.

I am assuming the other options do not include a DP other than the first one?

With AK, are you talking reg room or renting points? I’m pretty sure if someone has points to rent, that would save some money. I’ve never been to POFQ so can’t say much, but we have stayed at AKL and we loved it.

Of your choices, I think renting points for AKL is the way to go. Seriously- a studio uses 72 points during value season for a week (figuring $10 per point, that’s only $720 and no tax!) That ranges up to 124 points during premier season. Can you imagine Christmas week would only be $1240 at $10 per point!

Were you considering renting points? (I have none to rent- but you know those of us who do)

We like the Port Orleans French Quarter because they have the boat ride to downtown disney. My family enjoys walking and running around the lake. Also the smaller hotel has less people in the Food Court and Pool Areas.:whistling

The economy stinks, but I don’t like the Allstar resorts, so my vote is for 8 days at the POFQ with QSDDP. Save where you can and I love the convenience of the DDP.

If you can afford to swing AKL, I say go for it. You only have 2 more years before Sara goes off to college. Enjoy the time you have left with her sharing your love of Disney. DD and I were just talking the other day how we need a girls only trip before she leaves for college. (She starts her junior year this year also.)

Id say go all out. Its going to be the last trip for a while. The memories you will make will be well worth the money spent.

Just go for it. If you are considering it, you must be able to afford it.

Guess i’ll go against the grain. I chose the Mod. Unless you’re planning to spend A LOT of time at your resort I feel that a building won’t make the memories but rather you & your DD will whereever you are.
Personally i’d save the $ on lodging and use the difference on something special for her this year that she could keep like a keepsake trinket.
Or ask her which one she’d be interested in. Since this is both of your memories to share, then share in the planning with her on it. jmo
Best of luck whichever you choose:happy: