Fl. resident rates now posted!

New rates for Aug. & Sept are now available at WDW site.
Booked ours at Pop Century for the second week of Sept. That will be our 53rd stay in WDW.
Joe

[QUOTE=subvetss;971344]New rates for Aug. & Sept are now available at WDW site.
Booked ours at Pop Century for the second week of Sept. That will be our 53rd stay in WDW.
Joe[/QUOTE]

HOLY MOLY!!! 53rd visit??!! Now that’s impressive.

How far (as in driving time) are you? How long do you usually stay?

We are in Ft. Pierce. Thats about 2hrs 15min from WDW. We never go to the theme parks. Just travle around to the different resorts. More fun than you can imagine. We have made over 100 dinner reservations so we know a little about that. Don’t do it any more. For what it cost to eat in one of the sit down rest. we can spend another night at a value resort. When the grand kids were in school we would come on Thursday and leave on Sunday. Now I am retired for 10 years and stay whenever we like (try to get Fl.resident rates) for as long as we want. Well maybe not as long as we want. Can’t afford that 4 times a year. The longest we stayed was 9 nights and that was this last December. The useual length is 4 or 5 nights.
We have got that place wired.
Joe

You don’t go to the parks? Really??

I think that is interesting, but I could not imagine not going if I was there… Although after 53 visits, maybe…

[QUOTE=subvetss;971421]We are in Ft. Pierce. Thats about 2hrs 15min from WDW. We never go to the theme parks. Just travle around to the different resorts. More fun than you can imagine. We have made over 100 dinner reservations so we know a little about that. Don’t do it any more. For what it cost to eat in one of the sit down rest. we can spend another night at a value resort. When the grand kids were in school we would come on Thursday and leave on Sunday. Now I am retired for 10 years and stay whenever we like (try to get Fl.resident rates) for as long as we want. Well maybe not as long as we want. Can’t afford that 4 times a year. The longest we stayed was 9 nights and that was this last December. The useual length is 4 or 5 nights.
We have got that place wired.
Joe[/QUOTE]

Joe, you are my new HERO!!!:mickey:

I don’t think I could go and not go into the parks at least a little. Of course no “up at dawn and you’ll sleep when I tell you to sleep” plans, but part of the magic is just sitting on a bench watching people (mostly little kids) have fun.

So when you check in (again), do you get, “oh Mr. and Mrs. Subvetss, how nice to see you again”?

Listen! We are retired. We no longer are part of the competitive world. We never encounter many ‘mobs’ at the food court because we are never in a hurry and don’t go to eat until the crowds are gone. Because my wife is in a power wheel chair we get loaded on the bus first. Not being able to sleep well at night she doesn’t awake until about 10 or 11 AM so we don’t go to eat until then. We have no future. We are living it right now. We have accomplished every thing in life that we ever will. When we ride the buss’ or boats or the monorail you young familys provide us with wonderful memories. It’s a thrill to watch you and your kids.Thank you for that. Disney is truley magic and you are a part of that. Who needs thrill rides at our age. Just since we got a digital camera we have accumulated 5,273 pictures at WDW. We were able to reduce the file size and put them all on one DVD disk which we watch almost 2or3 times a week.
Anyway we will be at Pop Century Sept 6th to Sept 12th. Hope we might see ya there too.
Joe
PS: Notice I always use the word ‘we’ rather than 'I;?

[QUOTE=subvetss;971615]Listen! We are retired. We no longer are part of the competitive world. We never encounter many ‘mobs’ at the food court because we are never in a hurry and don’t go to eat until the crowds are gone. Because my wife is in a power wheel chair we get loaded on the bus first. Not being able to sleep well at night she doesn’t awake until about 10 or 11 AM so we don’t go to eat until then. We have no future. We are living it right now. We have accomplished every thing in life that we ever will. When we ride the buss’ or boats or the monorail you young family’s provide us with wonderful memories. It’s a thrill to watch you and your kids.Thank you for that. Disney is truly magic and you are a part of that. Who needs thrill rides at our age. Just since we got a digital camera we have accumulated 5,273 pictures at WDW. We were able to reduce the file size and put them all on one DVD disk which we watch almost 2or3 times a week.
Anyway we will be at Pop Century Sept 6th to Sept 12th. Hope we might see ya there too.
Joe
PS: Notice I always use the word ‘we’ rather than 'I;?[/QUOTE]

What a wonderful perspective! :biggrin:

Thanks for being a part of MB community.

It should take you less time than that from Fort Pierce. It takes me 3 hours from North Broward County (non stop). And it takes me about 75 minutes to get to Fort Pierce.

Well like I said we are in no hurry. I seldom go over 70mph and we have to stop at least once at the rest area for my wife. I haven’t had a traffic ticket in almost 50 years or any accidents. My son-in-law can make it in less than 1 1/2 hrs but we won’t ride with him.
Joe

Sounds like you have a wonderful time at Disney. Not going to the parks can save you a lot of money!

What a great perspective. Thank you for a dose of reality. DW and I find ourselves starting to spend more non park time with each visit. But we have not done a complete visit not going to any parks.

By the way are you a retired USN Submariner?

I did spend 8 years in the Navy as a submariner but I did not retire from the Navy. Thanks for asking.
Joe

WOW! thats alot of trips to WDW. I would too like to just take a trip and stroll around the resorts and not do any parks. I think that I would be able to sit back and look at everything a little different.
My DD and I will be at POP 9-10 9-20 maybe see ya there.

[QUOTE=subvetss;972021]I did spend 8 years in the Navy as a submariner but I did not retire from the Navy. Thanks for asking.
Joe[/QUOTE]

I figured there had to be a Navy twist. I retired 6 years ago (HM/FMF/AW).

DW still wishes that I could periodically go out for a few weeks to give her some chill time. Since that is no longer an option she knows that I would turn a solo trip into a personal escape to WDW. She will not let that happen.

Tinkerbell24,
Just look for the guy with the grey beard and the ‘SUBMARINE VETERAN’ ball cap.
Joe