Flight change..opinions/advice?

We are a litttle bummed that our flight to Orlando has been changed and we now don’t land till about 5:30 pm.(was 3:30) (don’t like loosing any Disney time!)

How long do you think it will take to get all checked in if we are going with Quicksilver, with a grocery stop, then to the BWV?

I’ve never really timed it since we’ve always had plenty of extra time.

Thanks!

From the time you get off the plane, I would saw @ 2 hours, depending on how long you shop. From the plane to your luggage 15 - 20 minutes. Waiting on your luggage 15 - 20 minutes. Car ride without stopping is 30 - 45 minutes and you will be in rush hour traffic. Even if you are in and out of the Grocery store in 15 minutes, you are looking at 2 hours min.

Buzz, Have the Quicksilver guy take you to Goodings grocery store. It is close to BWV, it is small, and it is efficient. It is a little pricier than some other stores, but the time saved is worth it! Also, they have a liquor aisle, so if you need beer or wine for your room, you will not have to make another stop.

You’re BUZZ LIGHTYEAR! You have wings! You can fly! What do you need an airplane for? :laugh:

Sorry, but we always drive, so I can’t really give you any helpful info… I hope you get it figured out though. Good luck…

It will be rush hour, so depending on how traffic is your looking at 40 mins airport to the resort. Most locals know how to get around traffic when we want to, Quicksilver I’m sure will take the best route. Timewise I wouldn’t go to goodings as they are far out of the way from Boardwalk.

Miss Disney you might be thinking of the new goodings, that was pretty close to the BWV however they spent so much money on that store it went bankrupt and is now closed. The only goodings still open is at the crossroads shopping plaza.

I hate airline changes. I don’t have any ideas for you but I can sympathize.

I’m betting that the airline changed the time on you. Call them back and say that the change is unacceptable and demand(politely)a flight early in the morning. They should give it to you since it is them who changed the flight.

First and foremost COMPLAIN to the airline. My wife and I had this happen several times and it was a major inconvenience. The airline (ATA) made it right by giving us vouchers for future travel. When they screwed up the flights for future travel we got Free Roundtrip. Just a thought.

Thanks for the replies!

I’m so glad I asked this. I didn’t even consider “rush” hour traffic as well as checking for an earlier flight.
We decided to stick with the change since the earlier flight is way too early for us.

But I did change our ADR from 6:30 to 8:10 pm

Thanks again!!