Flights booked FINALLY!

We have been waiting for what seems like forever to book flights. I actually talked to DBF last weekend about cancelling the trip. (Part of why I have not been around, I couldn’t bear to remind myself that our trip may not happen.) I told him I refused to pay over $500.00 each person. The flights are costing us more than the cost of the “Disney part”! But the good news is that we are finally booked and the cost ended up being about 450.00 for each of us. We are also booked with Westjet and I LOVE flying with them. They have really nice leather seats with a personal TV for each passenger where you can watch movies or select a channel you like. This is great for occupying DS! Now I will just need to take care of final payments to Disney & we are almost is the clear. One last possible glitch is that I know that 2 people are planning to leave quit where I work, and this could possibly cause our vacation to be cancelled. I am only thinking positive thoughts though! I just need to believe: now that our flights are booked… nothing is going to stop me from getting there!!:laugh:
Please excuse me if I can’t get back online for a few days: DBF is having internet issues & we are “blocked” at work.

I am so glad that you got your flights finally. I remember you stressing over them and am glad you at least got them down to $50 off what the original quote was…that’s $150 more for WDW… As for people leaving your job, your trip is planned. They will manage. Even me, the workaholic, takes my vacation REGARDLESS of what is going on in the world. That is my week, my time and I will not give it up for anything…I mean anything except, god-forbid, a death in my imediate family. You take that trip…warn your bosses people are thinking of quitting and give them time to start being proactive about their hiring…that’s enough.

I am glad you were able to book, that’s a big relief off your shoulders. I know airfare prices are outta’ control so it takes a lot of looking and planning. Have fun!

Glad you were able to book your flights. Don’t worry about work, it will still be there when you get back, I agree with Dana, your vacation is planned, regardless of whether or not people are planning on quitting.

Yay for you! Booking airfare is always the most stressful part of trip planning if you ask me!

Great news.
It is always so stressfull watching and waiting for flights.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I have been talking to DBF about the possibility of our vacation being cancelled & he really thinks that the boss will do every thing possible to avoid denying holidays. The problem is that I really don’t have the choice to say that I’m not coming in to work. I work in a hospital and they have the legal right to do things like this to ensure that the lab is staffed appropriately. Anyway, I digress, I am just really glad that this flight issue has been resolved.
Also the really good thing is that this airline does NOT charge extra for luggage, & we still can bring 2 suitcases each. I am really happy about this even though I may not use up my limit since we are going during such a hot time.:blush:

[QUOTE=nancyk;856161]Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I have been talking to DBF about the possibility of our vacation being cancelled & he really thinks that the boss will do every thing possible to avoid denying holidays. The problem is that I really don’t have the choice to say that I’m not coming in to work. I work in a hospital and they have the legal right to do things like this to ensure that the lab is staffed appropriately. Anyway, I digress, I am just really glad that this flight issue has been resolved.
Also the really good thing is that this airline does NOT charge extra for luggage, & we still can bring 2 suitcases each. I am really happy about this even though I may not use up my limit since we are going during such a hot time.:blush:[/QUOTE]

I was a little worried about having to pay for extra bags this trip, but I have everything packed and I am under the limit. :happy: Its great that your airline isn’t charging for bags yet. I was lucky enough to book my flights with NW before the change went into effect.

I know that we can pack what we need in only one bag each, but my problem is that I always tend to have too much stuff coming back! I usually pack on the lighter side going so that there is extra room for the return trip. HA! We certainly lucked out for these flights. (Still costs more than I wanted to pay, but less than a friend of mine who booked with Delta a long time ago.)

Woohoo for plane tickets!! Thats always the scarest part for me since they are soo expensive.

The flights are always the stressful part… now on to the fun!