Flights-good price?

What do you consider a good price for flights to WDW?

We have a two hour flight to Orlando and can usually book our flights for less than $129 per person each way, usually around $99. We’ve paid a little as $89 each way but I don’t think more than $129.

Right now our flights are $130 each way and I’m tempted to book it so I know that part is taken care of and I don’t have to stress about it. I don’t know that I would rebook to save a few bucks (SWA) since I wouldn’t use the credit before I lost it. I don’t mind spending a few extra bucks to take some stress off, I tend to over think things and get stressed easily.

How much do you usually pay to fly to WDW?

My line is $200 round trip per person and under. That works for me, as that’s usually the high number we would see. Although, I have never traveled during spring break, and currently I am seeing $450+, so looks like we will be driving this next trip.

We fly out of Cleveland, and the first time it was $189 roundtrip( April-May 2007), next time $218 ( beginning of December, 2008), and i booked last month for the end of April-May 2010 for about $240). I checked prices for about 3 months then saw they were rising so I finally bought them. Driving is not an option for me, so I would have paid whatever the price and cut out days if I had to.

We also fly out of Cleveland! I have flown for under $200 all the way up to $323 per person. Driving is also not an option! I usually start watching air fare well ahead of time and purchase when I feel it is good. We have to buy 6 tickets so we always have to take that into consideration as well as the fact we are in DVC and go during school so don’t have alot of flexiblity with changes.

I so know how you feel we are going threw the same thing. We fly SWA out of Providence RI, a 2 hour flight (or so) and it’s $127 one way. I’m also very tempted to book. They actually went up in price (the earlier in the day flights) in 1 week. I am going to book and hope for the best.
Last year we flew down for $99 down & $99 home, booking a few months in advanced. But, my mother in-law at the very last minute decided to go with us and booked $20 cheaper each way.
Good luck!

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1009962]I so know how you feel we are going threw the same thing. We fly SWA out of Providence RI, a 2 hour flight (or so) and it’s $127 one way. I’m also very tempted to book. They actually went up in price (the earlier in the day flights) in 1 week. I am going to book and hope for the best.
Last year we flew down for $99 down & $99 home, booking a few months in advanced. But, my mother in-law at the very last minute decided to go with us and booked $20 cheaper each way.
Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I hate to book and see lower prices later but I hate waiting around and having to check every day. I don’t want to wait around week after week hoping to get a better price only to end up paying more.

We fly airtran from Bloomington, IL and usually pay about $80 one way. For our last trip we paid $69. I have never paid more than $85 and hope we never have to!

I just read in this mornings paper that we should expect higher prices for our airfare. They gave many reasons for the increase, none of which makes sense( just like the reasons they give us for the increase in gas), but it doesn’t sound good. Thank goodness we have enough fragrant flyer miles for our next two trips.

Exactly,what i’ve been doing, ssssooooo stressful.

That’s not what I wanted to hear. :frown:

You are lucky, those are great prices. How’s AitTran out of Bloomington? Are they always on time, do flights change often?

I’ve never had a problem with them. They are on time, friendly, and usually have one nonstop a day to and from Orlando, which is unheard of in tiny airports! Their prices never seem to change much either, so if you end up having to go last minute, you can usually still get a cheap ticket. I would recommend them to anyone that would listen! :laugh:

With us, the cut off is 200 round trip per person. This last trip, we pulled it off for 169, round trip, all fees etc included. I also read that flights were only going up, so, if you feel like that price is something you can live with, book it!

Hey, thanks for the tip. We are about 35 minutes southwest of Chicago, but to get lower flight prices, I would surely be okay driving to Bloomington. Just checked our dates (week of Easter). Flying out of Bloomington it would be $348 pp roundtrip, whereas flying out of Midway, it would be $624 pp roundtrip. Both are still too high, and the times leaving are bad, but now I have another option I didn’t know about to be checking.

No problem! 348 is still higher than I’m used to paying, but you have to consider the perks of flying out of a small airport too. No lines for check in or security, you don’t have to be there more than about 45 minutes to an hour before your flight leaves, and free parking! :smile:

I got our 3 tix for $430 round trip with all fees out of ABE(Allentown) on Jan 2!
Hey Mk and ktcheck…Go Browns! I have 6 season tickets(2 in the pound)!

[QUOTE=movienut;1010140]I got our 3 tix for $430 round trip with all fees out of ABE(Allentown) on Jan 2!
Hey Mk and ktcheck…Go Browns! I have 6 season tickets(2 in the pound)![/QUOTE]

Woo HOO…I have to buy 4 tickets (grandmas goes with us) and it killed be to spend 236pp, but driving to FL with 2 kids and grandma…:ohmy:only 120 days to go:laugh:

5 days and counting down!!!:laugh:

Yeah for you! I have such a long way to go, but I’m so excited. I look at my ADR’s all the time and daydream about our magical vacation. We are staying for 11 nights this time and I can hardly wait…Have a wonderful vacation.

I will try,thanks! We stay with my best friend and his wife and kid. He works full time @ Universal…so he gets us free tix for there, Disney and $30 tix for Seaworld. Its about the cheapest way to go to Disney. We are lucky to have great friends!:blush: